Dracthyr Human Forms SHOULD be usable in combat

Havoc is one of the most played specs in the game because its 5 buttons and tops meters and the Metamorphosis form lasts for 40 seconds… not permanently in combat that needs to be manually toggled off outside of combat.

Honestly hope blizzard just backs out on the whole Visage form… it has zero lore reason for existing and I’m already exhausted of you people just going to spend 10+ months crying to not use the dragon form on the dragons race/ class.

It is like crying that your can’t make a normal elf for a demon hunter or you can’t get normal eyes for a death knight

8 Likes

So…you’ve debunked yourself? Fantastic. I guess we’re done here.

They’re more powerful in their natural forms, so why would they fight handicapped by the human/elf illusion? This isn’t Dragon Ball Z…

4 Likes

This. This mortal form or “human” form is like the worgen’s human form. But I think that the new class/class should be able to use any horde/alliance humanoid form. Like if you joined horde your humanoid form could be a goblin or tauren.

5 Likes

The Drakthyr rig is using the Demon Hunter metamorphosis models, which is also used in the brand new Male succubus models as well… Its Blizzard. All they do is recycle rigs… Did you really think they made a whole new skeleton for this race?

Dracthyr human/elf form DOES NOT have to be usable in combat.

This is the closest thing to a new monstrous race they have given us. I don’t want to use my elf form in combat. If I did, I’d go play demon hunter.

8 Likes

I’m fine with that. it solves a lot of complaints.

6 Likes

They’ve given classes to races if they can fit one of the specs for obvious reasons.

Lightforged draenei can be priest and lore wise it makes sense for all 3 specs, yes even shadow because those are just draenei Soulbinders.

The whole them of void versus light is then fighting so a void elf priest using light magic could be them subjugating the light similar to TBC blood elves

God you didn’t even read my entire post. THE PLAYER CHARACTER DRAGON MODEL DOES NOT PROVIDE THEM WITH SPEED OR SIZE BONUSES WHICH IS WHY THEY LITERALLY CRACKED A JOKE THAT THEY MADE THE DRACTHYR SMALL SO THEY WOULDNT CRUSH THEIR ENTIRE RAID GROUP…

1 Like

Great! So where are our Dracthyr Mages, which would fit Blue, Bronze, and Red Dragons? Or our Dracthyr Shaman, which would fit Black Dragons? Or our Dracthyr Druids, for Green Dragons?

then you shouldnt have to use it in combat!!! thats what i am saying! allow us to CHOOSE which form we want!

3 Likes

Yeah then they can just focus on the Dracthyr model.

The Visage form serves zero function but wasted development.

When we see dragons use transformations, they use it to conceal themselves… the Dracthyr Visage form would be terrible for guile.

4 Likes

I dont really spend much time in combat admiring how I look I am usually deciding my next CD usage, planning what to do for the next boss mechanic (got interrogation twice back to back on first boss of streets immuned both to prevent any dps loss for the whole group).

I quite like the thought of being a dragon all the time, sure ill have the option to human form but I am more likely to just turn my whole raid into dragons using the appearance swap options.

1 Like

antis gonna hate

u should hv bin here when helfers threds was continusly swarmd by hostile antsi

2 Likes

if you want to be a dragon the whole time and dont care for cosmetics then you should be allowed to choose that and its just as valid as wanting to stay a humanoid

3 Likes

That’s the point… the Dracthyr were created by Deathwing using the Demon soul… this explains why they can use the power of all 4 flights.

It would be stupid to be a Dracthyr mage that couldn’t use these abilities for the same reason it would be stupid to be a demon hunter warlock that couldn’t use any demon hunter abilities.

Except the race makes the choice of what skills to learn or hone. Slap some racials for different flights, and then let individual Dracthyr choose to specialize if they so desire.

I think that is makes sense Dracthyr can only be Evokers. However if these humanoid forms that you claim are just illusions it doesnt make sense for them to not be able to choose which race they conceal themselves to be. Ebonhorn literally chose to hide as a tauren. I don’t care to be any race besides an elf, but your argument doesnt hold much water

4 Likes

Very true… if you build it (IE: it does enough DPS) they will come.

2 Likes

They didn’t choose anything… they were crafted to be soldiers.

You’re basically asking to be a demon hunter but not a demon hunter.

There’s no Dracthyr that decided " hey I want to be a musician "… no they were born and immediately sent to training to be warriors that use the power of all 4 flights that is their lore

Yeah the Visage form makes no sense.

Delete it

1 Like