Dracthyr Human Forms SHOULD be usable in combat

I don’t understand, why they are doing this? At first they make it seem like you can choose to switch freely between the two forms, then come back and say that you have be in dragon form in combat. Worgen 2.0, even though their humanoid form customs are different looking from human and blood/void elf.
I can understand that but what gets me is that they make it so that you can fully see all your armor in your humanoid form but they say the only armor that’s going to shows in your dragon form is your shoulders, belt and a tabard thus making gear you get look irrelevant and getting gear to look good in while walking around in and especially fight in, is part of the whole of the game.
So yeah it makes sense why people are crying out.
Ether they make it so humanoid forms can be used combat or they give us full gear like worgens do.
I don’t think people what their dragon form to be like mechagnomes.

8 Likes

You will not even get to see your own armor on the Dragon form. Its a bunch of pre-designed armor that you customize in a barber shop. Its actually so pathetic that the ONLY armor customization for their new “race” is literally barbershop styles.

1 Like

I really don’t think it can. Every spell animation I’ve seen incorporated features the humans/elves don’t have.

It is designed around the dracthyr form. The visage is just an illusion. If you want to play dracthyr. evoker is the magic used by the dracthyr form. It is literally built to incorporate it.

It’s the dragon Fantasy they are trying to capture. Dragon magic. Dragon flight. Not scaley elves/humans

3 Likes

The worst possible argument you could have made. We specifically had to protect them while they were doing that because they were vulnerable and preoccupied. You know what they didn’t do in their human forms? Fight Deathwing. They were dragons for that.

5 Likes

This new race is incredibly half-baked.

Blizzard is demonstrating how little they’ve actually learned from their community over the years. There has been a consistent request for Worgen players to be able to remain in human form for combat, another for Entropic Embrace’s visual to have a degree of control so they don’t have to turn blue every ten seconds in combat, no one liked how corruptions forced you to look if you had too much, and yet we’re STILL getting uncontrollable forced appearance for combat.

That the Dracthyr are releasing with only one class option is pure lunacy. No one wants that. Imagine if you could only be a Warrior as an Orc, only a Mage as a Blood Elf, only a Druid as a Night Elf, etc… Why they ever thought this would be a good idea is beyond me.

All we need now is to be told their humanoid forms will be FORCED to have their draconic customizations showing (as in, they can’t blend in as Humans/Elves/Half-Elves the way every other dragon in human form has been able to), and the failure of this race will be complete.

6 Likes

I find it interesting you invoke the word canonically on a brand new race we dont know much about.

2 Likes

Okay then don’t play it.

The Visage form is dumb

7 Likes

I mean Lore wise all dragons, the main ones have a human form which can be used without the folk around them they are really a draggon

1 Like

If I am playing a Monk and I use a costume that turns me into an Ogre i can still use Soothing Mist and a default casting animation will take over bc Ogres do not have the kung-fu animation. Theres 0 excuse for them to not allow players to stay in human form when, literally in their own video game, you can go to the Dragon Soul raid, and watch 4 Dragon Aspects in their “illusion” form, channel all of their power into the Dragon Soul. I don’t care about the “dragon fantasy” theyre trying to force on me lol. And we are over a year away from the release. They could very easily make 3 new animations… theyre making an entire continent.

1 Like

They really just need to make some changes to the dragon model. You know its not great when a large part of the community would rather you let them play the new spec as a human something they have had access to forever rather then play as blizzards brand new class. Its easily the most horrendous playable model they have ever made…and its a dragon…i didnt think it was possible to make a goofy looking dragon model by mistake.

2 Likes

If they let the Visage form be used in combat then there’s no excuse why it is a class not available to every race.

So yes keep it draconic form only , delete the cringy Visage form and stop wasting development time on it.

4 Likes

And it may as well be. Rename it to, ‘Dragonsworn,’ and let’s move on already. Limiting classes has never gone over well.

In blizzards expo they said that these are “soldiers forged by Neltharion imbued with the power of all the dragon flights”. Assuming that these powers come DIRECTLY from the leaders of the dragonflights, because where else would they come from, its not a completely new power. If we were to take the powers of a Demon Hunter and put them in a gnome it doesnt change the power of a demon hunter because we’ve never seen a gnome demon hunter… Just because we’ve not seen a Dracthyr before doesnt mean we havent seen the power of the Dragon Aspects be used in human form before. In fact, I’d argue that not having as much lore about them is an advantage because they could write a reason for them to be able to stay in humanoid form in combat…

2 Likes

people like you are why people are quitting the game in the THOUSANDS… we care about the game… we’ve been here for years and everyones opinion should be heard ESPECIALLY if theyre advocating for more player freedom and choice. If you think the visage form is dumb then you should be able to choose to stay in dragon form! Everyone should be winning.

4 Likes

There is nothing indicating this isn’t possible either. If precedent is anything to go by, it’d be weird if you couldn’t be in Dracthyr form 24/7 if you wanted. Also, if you couldn’t, I’d totally advocate for that option too.

2 Likes

“they were preoccupied” yeah no dinks shorty. Thrall was preoccupied too. Not bc he wasnt a freaking dragon but bc he was USING ALL OF HIS POWER ON THE DRAGON SOUL?! Of course they turned into Dragons to fight Deathwings? They’re like 20x the size and speed of their human forms to be more agile? You wanna know whos dragon form DOESNT give them the ability to literally soar through the sky in the middle of a raid boss fight? Oh yeah thats right the player. This is such a cringe argument

Except havoc is one of the most played specs in the game.

You don’t get it… the Dracthyr is a new race/class they’re an elite soldier of people… similar to how Demon Hunters can’t be rogues, warlocks or death knights because they’re demon hunters.

This logic are the people that want gnome and Tauren demon hunters.

So no you’re ruining class fantasy… the class fantasy for Dracthyr is pretty straight forward.

2 Likes

I personally will advocate for there to be more customization options for the dragon form for people who want to use it! There SHOULD be more options for it, however they’re already confirmed they will be making options to allow you to make it more broad or skinny and change the snout shape and such.

2 Likes

Except I really don’t think it’s even possible. They likely created a skeleton possible of doing all the things like they wanted it to. That rig is likely required for evoker because it was built around it. human likely is completely incompatible

2 Likes

So why can Void Elves be anything other than a Shadow Priest?

Your example is flawed. There has always been a hard line between classes, and races, and trying to blur that line with the Dracthyr is going to result in increased backlash from players. This is as dumb as the Covenants and Ripcord, all over again. Rather than waiting half an expansion to add the class options to the Dracthyr that they should have at the start, Blizzard should bite the bullet and make that happen NOW.

1 Like