Dracthyr Druids

In the War Within, we will hopefully gain some new classes for the Dracthyr.

When it comes time to add druids to Dracthyr, here are some ideas to make the base shapeshifting forms easily accessible so that the druid class isn’t postponed due to a lack of assets.

1) Guardian form: Drakonid

These guys are burly and strong and perfect for a tank class. You can change their skin colors, armor, and swap out a number of dragon weapons from the different dragon factions from Dragonflight.

2) Feral form: Tarasek

These guys are small and lean and look like they bite! Perfect.

3) Balance form: Dragonspawn

These guys are the main casters of the dragon armies. They can come with wings or sans.

4) Flight form: Faerie Dragon

These guys fly. Easy peasy.

5) Land running form: Vorquin

They are quadrapeds. Easy!

6) Aquatic form: Hornswog

Lol. Froggie?

6 Likes

No thank you.

4 Likes

Cat form is prolly gonna be this:

It makes sense though.

Not OP’s forms, but the idea of a Dracthyr Druid.

Dracthyr are made of all Dragonflights. That includes the green Dragonflight, which is big on Druid nonsense.

15 Likes

I don’t think they’ll make it for The War Within.

I’m hoping Dracthyr get Druids, but could go either way. I think it does make sense lore-wise, and I have a name saved but yeah… Not getting my hopes up for Dracthyr Shaman or Druid.

I would actually be surprised if Dracthyr get Druids. Seems like a workload Blizzard just isn’t willing to tackle right now. They’re probably saving opening Druids to more races for a later patch or maybe in Midnight.

People love to get it in their own heads that something is going to happen with the game even with all evidence to the contrary, and then get mad at Blizzard when it doesn’t happen.

Don’t hold your breath for Dracthyr Druids.

The safe money is on:

Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Rogue, Priest, Warlock, Monk

I doubt we’ll see Drachtyr Shaman or DK’s any time soon, and definitely not Druids.

Ion’s previous remarks have already been averse to the idea and then there’s this:

Correct. :point_up_2:

Tbf, saying they won’t get Druids or Shamans because of the workload, when they do make sense lorewise, is kind of silly. Black Dragonflight is inherently linked to the earth, and Thrall, a Shaman, filled in for an Aspect of Earth in Cataclysm. The Green Dragonflight is the protector of the Emerald Dream, inherently linked to Druidism. Dracthyr are empowered with the magic of all 5 flights.

We’re getting Earthen Paladins and they require some more asset work due to the paladin mount. Why would Dracthyr not get Shaman or Druid when they make sense lorewise?

It could go either way, really.

3 Likes

I’m not saying it wouldn’t make sense lorewise. I haven’t seen anyone make that argument.

But something making sense lorewise doesn’t mean Blizzard is going to jump at doing it.

Maybe we will see those other classes later on, I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we do.

2 Likes

Read what I said again.

The argument against Druids, Paladins and Shamans for every race has always come back to “Well they require more art assets.” I mentioned the lore because as of last month, Ion’s made it sound like they’re not doing Shamans/Paladins/Druids for everyone at the moment because they don’t make sense lorewise.

Is there another reason besides the extra art assets in which you’re basing your statement on?

Dracthyr should have that potential to become druids. And some other classes. Weird decisions if they’re not. :robot::thought_balloon:

…although there ARE Earthen druids in War Within and have been pelntly paladins for other races, i’m worried they have trouble with communication. :robot::sweat_drops:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAZOzM2P__25S-gPzBI8p8zXWw1vrde8eBqHQ8lGzBsHTpZW7rDCMmhvsXNRVDyKX68e8&usqp=CAU

1 Like

That’s asking for a lot of work from Blizzard, and you and I both know they don’t want to do that work. There’s a reason so few races have druid as an option.

1 Like

That would be a sweet cat form.

And, there are a lot of animals with dragon themed appendages to choose from, too.

The new Owl Mount from the 6 month sub would be pretty great for a Dracthyr Druid Flight Form… It has horns and scales!

I just don’t see their flight form being a Dragon, even tho that’d be cool too.

4 Likes

I know what you said. To be clear, I agree it makes sense lore wise, but I don’t think it’s silly, seeing Blizzard’s track record, to speculate that they’re not going to jump at Druids specifically because of the extra time with the assets despite that it may make sense.

Look, I might be completely wrong, and it’d be great if I am. Time will tell what we see and what we don’t see.

But after a very long time of seeing players’ requests and ideas and seeing what Blizzard actually does, I’m simply betting that we’ll only see the classes I mentioned previously, that’s all.

Agreed. The “no no no” people get to pick ONE.

If they’re gonna be all no no no because workload even though it makes sense from lore, they should be like okay Blood Elf druids then because even though it makes no sense lorewise they can use Night Elf forms and it’ll look fine.

They would have been announced already as new races are normally a draw.

If money is really such a huge problem for Blizz that they can’t be expected to add things like druid races, then they should kickstart everything that needs disproportionate assets, and have the people who pitch in at least $100 get it first.

As far as I know, Dracthyr don’t have a gamebreaking racial and it would essentially be letting people purchase something cosmetic and not affect the game at all. So win-win.

I’m pretty sure that the druid base lines are going to be animals from the dragon isles.

Cat form:

Bear form:

Flight form, and stag form are spot on.

Don’t know where balance would fit maybe a dracanic moonkin.

2 Likes

Yes to dracthyr having druids. Hard no to most of these forms.

It makes no sense for a dracthyr to be using druidic magic to turn into other types of dragonkin instead of actual animals. Every other druid does the latter, regardless of whether their power comes from the Emerald Dream, the Firelands, or Ardenweald, so I don’t know why dracthyr would be the outlier.

It’s called “Bear Form”, not “Humanoid Axe-Wielding Dragonkin Form”. Other than stretching the definition of the former to its limit, this is just another way of making drakonid playable, only instead of a full-on race, it’s through a druid form that’s conceptually anathema to every other druid’s Bear Form, would have levels of customization that they don’t, and isn’t likely, anyway, because you’d have to rework and reskin the entire Guardian kit around it.

When I think of Guardian druids, I think of a bear clawing and biting at its target with the rage of the very gods of nature. If I wanted to tank as a humanoid wielding a two-handed weapon, I’d play a Blood DK.

We just got a dragon owl mount complete with horns, spines, and draconic eyes. I think a version without the saddle is more likely to be a potential dracthyr Flight Form. Just add some color options other than white and blue and call it a day.