Dracthyr are a clever allegory for being trans and I am HERE for it

Lol if only we could actually choose a visage form.

Ebonhorn having a Tauren form is unfair

Why can’t I be a moo dragon.

8 Likes

I need to go and get that popcorn toy.

2 Likes

Yeah I figured, mask off huh? Being trans is literally for EVERYONE, that’s the whole point - TRANSgender. Everyone can be trans and it is for everyone whether you like it or not. Please proceed with what else you’re going to say because I know where this is going, I’ve dealt with it all my life

1 Like

I’m underweight and short. I feel extremelly offended by the lack of representation for skinny short people in this game. I do not feel SEEN. Goblins and Gnomes are too normal weight wise.

This is unacceptable. How am I supposed to play this game if I don’t feel SEEN?

13 Likes

Work is an outdated word.

3 Likes

It’s a video game

10 Likes

Ah ok. So because I choose to live differently, and ask for the same respect you do; you go feral defender / attack harpy and say some weird crap about masks off. Whatever suits you. Ain’t true, but no point arguing with someone like that; so we’re done talking. :slight_smile:

Still happy for you, but I stand by my statement that Dracthyr are for all players enjoyment, and not just yours. Don’t tell me I am Trans or that it is for ‘everyone’. My existence is proof of that not being the case. Or is my existence somehow less valid than your own now?

That being said, since I am most certainly not Trans; I will tell you what “I” feel. I feel that it comes off just as insulting to me to be mislabeled, as when someone mislabels you and equates you as being something you are not.

I trust you know a thing or two about that? Or is it now acceptable and ‘different’ because the shoe is on the other foot? You claim you want equality and acceptance. Well my friend, there it is. Treat others as you desire to be treated.

You should respect my personal choices in the same way that I respect yours. As I said before, I am happy you forged an emotional connection with your character. That is a wonderful thing in an MMO!

38 Likes

That’s cool.

Anyways.

4 Likes

Your happiness is important in life but it’s pretty selfish to think the dracthyr were made specifically for you. Feeling like you don’t belong isn’t just for trans people you know. I felt that way my entire life and I’m just a normal person. It’s nothing special.

32 Likes

I mean, literally every race on Azeroth has been called this by its opponents.

So :

• Draenei
  • Demon Hunters
  • Horde Pandas
  • Void Elves
  • Heck, the Horde in Warcraft III in general.

I think you’re reading into things that simply aren’t there. Blizzard isn’t original, Dracthyr are just a rehash of existing storylines, it’s nothing we haven’t seen in the world’s lore before.

Heck, the whole opening zone is very akin to the Demon Hunters escaping the Vault of the Wardens and the Forbidden Reach shares a lot of similarities with Wandering Isle.

21 Likes

No. It isn’t.

30 Likes

Exactly. Remember Cataclysm and the humanoid dragonkin in the raid that were experiments? They, or their likeness, have been around for years. It’s just someone trying to turn nothing into something but, hey, it’s their world and their happiness. I just dislike it when they try to shove it in my face and force me to see things their way, which is what they have been doing for years now.

8 Likes

They aren’t that great at queer coding, as someone who IS GAY MYSELF I don’t feel represented. I once again feel like it’s slender, thin gays being represented.

There is no body that is beefier/thiccer and I actually am so rolling my eyes at the “no fats” the dracthyr represent.

Well said. Tired of this “my way or the highway” mentality that’s been pushed with this subject.

8 Likes

They’re reptiles. Have you ever seen a fat reptile? NO. Good lord.

7 Likes

If you guys don’t like it then don’t play the game. Simple as. I don’t see any other way that Dractyhr can NOT be a trans allegory and its plainly obvious - but the sheer amount of bigotry im seeing in this thread and the outdated ignorance is so tiring. It doesn’t matter though, because WoW is going in a new modern direction that will be more inclusive like this and the audacity of some people calling me selfish just because I want trans representation is absurd. Oh well, I’m be playing my Dractyhr living out my character and enjoying this awesome story that blizz has cooked up.

Muah.

1 Like

I am sorry but an older white male with a nuclear family using Queer-Coding. I won’t call it a troll but…

2 Likes

The Shado-Pan said it best in the MoP Beta. “I know myself already. I have trained for years to find it. I do not need to be told by some lowlands panda what I believe. Angry children stating something I know to be false have no effect.”

So people can call me X Insult or whatever else they like. That doesn’t mean it’s accurate or bothersome to me. It just means the person engaged in the slander is a liar. So I smile knowing I won the argument, and I wish them all the luck of my homeland! :four_leaf_clover: :rainbow: :four_leaf_clover:

Maybe she’ll apologize for mislabeling me one day. I sure would if the roles were reversed.

9 Likes

Yea this is the exact type of thread that Tuuli/Talon would make but I havent seen him in a while. I think he finally got his forum vacation.

9 Likes

Failing upwards, personified.

5 Likes