Dracthyr are a clever allegory for being trans and I am HERE for it

If you say so. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

There were still some kernels of good discussion buried in there, though! I was disappointed that it was banished to the Story forum. It doesn’t really make sense there, but I suppose it was a bit of a moderation headache.

1 Like

Nah pretty sure they are male and female

29 Likes

I think you are way off and missed the point by so far but then again one must have an imagination to think the way you do…

13 Likes

No matter how much you say theres a correlation it wont suddenly make it true.

None of what you said is true about Dracthyr.

None of it.

27 Likes

While I don’t believe that was the intention as Blizzard and “clever” don’t work together, but if that is your take hey more power to it.

For my part, if Cindrethresh don’t get her queen Imma hijacking a infinite dragon and joining Team Jailer because I’ve known those two giant lizards for less than 24 hours and if they can’t be together reality don’t deserve to exist.

6 Likes

Come work a couple weeks on the farm with me in the summer and see just how “outdated” those terms are… LOL

16 Likes

This feels like bait.

Like …

It just feels like bait.

36 Likes

I forgot i made this a few years ago, lol but i’m here for the show

8 Likes

Feels more like a drag race.

8 Likes

I switched from male to female, what else do you call SRS? My body I was born in was literally the wrong one.

I thought it was more for non binary but however folks wanna interpret it. :slight_smile:

Yea whatever

3 Likes

No they aren’t. They are a class for everyone. If you find some joy and meaning in them, then great I am happy for you and for the experience. But you do not own them. They are not specifically for you and you alone, and it is wrong to assume that. They were made for the entire player base to enjoy.

25 Likes

Never saw it that way, but thinking about it it makes a lot of sense.

I hope it makes our trans players smile. :smile:

6 Likes

We just can’t catch a break can we?

6 Likes

No, I think you got it wrong. It is, in fact, an allegory of being a gamma-irradiated rage monster. The two forms, the powerful monster form, the weak humanoid form, the angry voice etc… etc. Its too obvious!

5 Likes

Being trans is for everyone too, just because they’re made for us doesn’t meant that other people can’t enjoy playing as them too. That’s the beautiful part!

2 Likes

No it isn’t. Don’t tell me what is right for me. I do not tell you what is right for you.

I expect the same respect given, that you would ask of me. I am happy for you however that you found and forged an emotional connection with a character. That is an excellent and wonderful thing in MMOs. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I don’t get why this is even an important thing to feel for some. To each their own I suppose.

3 Likes