Dr. Disrespect

wow good for you. problem is you think the “many” in your statement is a larger percent than what it really is.

I’m sure a few other people in this world play basketball in their carport and dont know who Michael Jordan is.

again, nothing wrong with being casual and out of the normal loop of information. what’s wrong is inferring that it is the norm and people should care that you aren’t aware in a discussion about said topic.

1 Like

congratulations on overcoming your lack of common knowledge. we’re all so proud of you for being brave and stepping forward.

1 Like

Do you have a turd in your pocket?

2 Likes

no, that’s just a banana

1 Like

wonder if twitch will for sure and try to sign shroud and ninja now that they lost a big-time influencer, its been all eerily quiet

is there some sort of conspiracy going on now that these 3 big-time influencers are idle?

Why would I care who he is? Why would I care what games he plays? What he does doesn’t matter to me at all nor does it affect me. I’m not some dumb kid who hangs on “celebrities” every word and feels the need to do what they do to “be cool” or something. LOL. Laughable.

you sound like the south park nonconformists

please go to the doc’s twitter. there’s a recent post where he puts his weekly streaming schedule up and he has a short video clip attached to the post. some of the funniest sh…content I’ve ever seen in 2020. That’s just a taste of the Doc. I don’t watch him regularly but I have seen him before and I know he’s just a character, the real guy is an actor. He’s also over 6 feet 8 inches tall in real life, which makes him very tall, even by viking standards.

Basically he’s just a fascinating internet character and this whole twitch ban saga has been one of the weirdest, most fascinating things I’ve seen happen in the internet in a long time.

A credible source told me that Dr Disrespect got banned from Twitch due to his mustache being way too similar with Kim Jon Un’s haircut

1 Like

Honey if you want to suck up to online “celebrities” and worship at their feet you go right ahead.

i mean, he actually is a two- time ‘Blockbuster Video Game World Champion’ after winning back-to-back NBA Jam tournaments in 1993 and 1994. So he’s no average celeb that doesn’t have any experience in gaming.

• worships *

Who?

1 Like

I’m guessing twitch is just going through some growing pains right now and they’re butting heads with some of their streamers. Now that twitch is becoming more main stream they’re likely looking at exactly what content they actually want associated with them as well as wondering how much they can reduce compensation for streamers. Similar happened to youtube awhile ago.

Can’t say I’m a fan or that I follow him, but I know the name and have seen numerous articles about him. Was surprised he didn’t face more fall out from the video he streamed in a public restroom. This is kinda fascinating because we still don’t know why he was banned. While it’s not certain we need to know that information, Dr. Disrespect said he doesn’t know which is why i find it fascinating. Streamers, whether you like them or not, have to work very hard to maintain a presence. For many it becomes very unhealthy because they can’t detach. What becomes your job can easily be taken away with very little recourse if you get kicked off of sites like YouTube and Twitch. I don’t know if Dr. Disrespect deserved the ban but I know that too much power is in the hands of the ones who write the TOS because not only are they very ambiguous they can change without much notice.

1 Like

Well to be a bit nitpicky with the language, he said twitch “hasnt notified him of the reason.” Not he doent know.

Theres a lot of rumors flying around that are pretty interesting.

Im not a doc fan or anything. I actually dont watch any streams really. But ive been closer to the edge of my seat for this than watching GOT.

1 Like

That’s a good nit to pick. lol

If he does know that seems like a smart way to respond respond. I’m not a public figure, so I’m not entirely sure how I would handle it.

I don’t really watch any streamers as well. Taliesin and Evitel are the only ones I watch and I only watch them from time to time because a friend of mine really like their stream. We talk a lot about WoW, so he got me into them. It will be interesting to see how this turns out because it can have lasting effects.

The major streamers have contracts with twitch that go beyond the standard stream x hours get y money. He’s likely in a situation where he would be bent over hard legally if he actually disclosed exactly what happened.

Most people know of him lol, unless you live in a extremely sheltered bubble. It’s kinda hard to be into gaming and not know who he is.

While I’m sure everyone in your sheltered bubble know of him, I’m curious what your definitions of “most people” and “into gaming” are.

1 Like

I play a lot of FFXIV and WoW.

The only streamers I know of are the ones who also have Youtube content channels (FFXIV: Desperius, Meoni, Mr. Happy; WoW: Dalaran Gaming, T&E, PG, Asmongold). I watch them for information and speculation. I never watch their streams.

I spend a lot of time on the PC and am on tech forums all day. I have never heard of 99% of streamers and I can say I don’t know who this is.

I find it odd that the people say, “you must know him or you live in a sheltered bubble” as if to shame those who aren’t well versed in streaming culture.

You may find it as a badge of honor that you’re in the know…but I assure you there are millions of gamers who never watch streamers.

1 Like