Dr. Disrespect

I just play games. Some streamers and content creators I’ve seen but only the ones who play the games I like. There are a lot of these guys who are “big” that I’ve never heard of because they play games I don’t play. I don’t actively seek out streamers/content creators, most were suggestions by YT when I was just video surfing. Nothing ever suggested this guy to me to check him out, so, meh.

Honestly I think this is what “gamer” means these days. It doesn’t mean you play games, just that you watch streamers play games and you spend hours a day saying slurs on Twitch chat and being vocally angry at EA and yelling about “SJWs” on Twitter or whatever.

If you have time left over after that to actually play a game, cool, but it’s not at all required these days.

1 Like

The “Gamer” tag seems to just be another social group that people want to belong to. I suppose that’s normal, but just like other aspects of life, there are people who are “car” people or “computer” people and there are people who enjoy and own cars and computers. The vast majority of people fall into the latter category.

I suppose I am a computer techie, but then again I’m also sensitive to the fact that most people aren’t. I am not going to expect them to know or care that new hardware is on the horizon. And definitely not shame them over it.

1 Like

very strange that we still don’t know why i can only think at this point it was for some wacked out reason

Wait, so if a person uses YouTube they don’t have a life?

Why hasn’t anyone told me this? Time to tell the wife and kids to pack their !@#$ so I can move into my own basement.

I don’t watch TV anymore, just Youtube and my streaming services.

That said, most of my Youtube consumption is tech and cooking channels.

Binging with babish is my fav.

I like to watch Smokin and Grillin wit AB, French Cooking Academy, Townsends, SAM the Cooking Guy, etc.

Not particularly fancy cooking, but just regular Joe stuff.

Townsends is the guy that does all the old timey midevil stuff right? I like him.

Check out a channel called food wishes. Chef John is pretty entertaining.

1 Like

I can not stand the way he talks.

I said “don’t live on Youtube” not don’t ever look at it. The implication was I should know this person for reasons X, Y, and Z and should know all WoW “influencers” on Youtube as well. I’m not on YT that much, I might see a few and look at their stuff every now and then but that’s it. I don’t live on YT.

It’s like not knowing who Swifty is, basically.

I don’t know any celebrities, but I know the name Kardashian.

You’re making the same false argument, that if you know some of them you must know them all. It doesn’t work that way.

Well yeah of course I know the name of one of the lawyers who helped OJ get away with murder.

Ahahhahhahhaa, you two are hilarious. Ty for the laugh. I needed that.

Seems common in modern tech platform terms that they can rewrite the ToS and then retroactively apply those rules.

Which seems to be what got the Doc.

Regardless Twitch is a terrible corporate platform these days. I cancelled my accounts in a lot of these tech platforms about a month ago. As well as Google.

You either ride with clown town or you take the exit ramp. Do eeet!

2 Likes

For anyone still curious about this. He’s back to streaming however just on YouTube and his own page. It’s fascinating how this is still all so hush hush.

~https://kotaku.com/dr-disrespect-resumes-streaming-to-over-400-000-viewers-1844652373~

1 Like

Yeah. Ive been following

I wonder if we’ll ever get the real story.

1 Like