Dr. Disrespect

he was always a family friendly respectful streamer

just means you’re a clown when you give your opinion on a subject you know very little about, being a casual with a life and no time for youtubes.

back in the clown car ya go

1 Like

I see. You’re laughable now. And clearly a child. Must be near your bedtime kid. Bye.

1 Like

You make a good point.

I just saw about a minute of one of his videos, he yells a lot. He also has almost 2mm subs so that’s impressive.

I wasn’t sure anyone could make money doing YT vids & streaming. Good to know.

jokes on you, im already in bed

Welp, on his latest tweet, he said Twitch has not yet notified him on the reason for his perma-ban. =/, Other streamers seem just as confused.

I suspect he knows what it was for, you wouldn’t wait almost a day to tweet literally nothing. You’d think he would tweet immediately that he didn’t know the reason of he genuinely didn’t know.

oh certainly he knows. He’s obviously pushing them for an official reason, likely because he doesnt agree with it and for future possible legal reasons.

to clarify, if he didnt know why he’d likely be more open publicly right now about wondering why he’s banned.

Also, it cant be twitch exclusive because he was dropped by discord as well.

Exactly, he would have been pushing hard as soon as he found out. Given twitch’s past actions surrounding their selective enforcement of ToS you’re probably right that he’s looking into legal avenues

For sure he knows whats up.

But it feels like maybe they are playing poker with each other and are waiting to hear what the other side says first. No lawyer wants to show their hand first.

If someone literally plays the game, why would they need to watch streamers?

I don’t even get the appeal - not only are streamers a dime a dozen these days, but they’re basically loudmouthed morning radio jockeys in front of a camera.

5 Likes

I checked out this guy last night, had never heard of him before. I wasn’t missing anything. He’s obnoxious. No thanks.

I don’t know that I’ll ever understand streamers becoming “idols” of sorts. I don’t hate them or anything, but them getting elevated to the same level of stardom or higher as youtubers who spend countless hours producing well-researched, high quality videos (though not all youtubers do that) just doesn’t compute to me. It’s like the internet version of reality TV vs. actual TV shows.

2 Likes

There’s a vast gulf between “playing a game you enjoy” and “having no interests or identity outside of Being A Gamer™” and many of us are happy living in the former category.

2 Likes

Twitch doesn’t have a history of publicly stating which specific TOS were violated when they ban someone.

But that doesn’t mean Twitch doesn’t specifically talk to the streamer privately about what happened.

Twitch banned MethodJosh and the only thing they said about it back then was “TOS and community guideline violations.”

The problem is Slasher says he knows why Doc is banned. Doc says he does not know why he was banned.

The whole situation has gotten completely out of hand. Doc’s public reputation is now facing trial in the court of public opinion and rampant speculation. That’s easily enough to file a lawsuit against Slasher, if not Twitch AND Slasher for how this whole situation has been handled and is playing out.

When Doc released that statement, it looked to me like he was throwing the ball in Twitch’s court. He’s saying “Hey everyone, I have no idea wtf is going on here either. Twitch does but they won’t tell me. Slasher does but he won’t say either. I don’t know why I’m banned.”

Honestly feels like he’s making Twitch make the next move now. What a bizarre saga this is.

1 Like

Exactly. Lawyers playing poker hoping the other side makes the first move.

I had never heard of him before everyone started talking about him suddenly being gone.

3 Likes

Not really there’s thousands of streamers who can take his place in a minute.

nobody suggested you watch his content…

but to not know who he is as a gamer in 2020 is being literally out of the loop.

you’re literally like the American that doesnt know who the vice president is yet watches/discusses politics all day long.

#clowntown

1 Like

Not all of us are teenagers who care about any of this. I only knew who he was for filming in a bathroom. Never seen a stream, never cared to.

2 Likes