DPS tier list ranking for raids out

I shouldn’t have clicked on the Mythic+ dps rankings. I play as MM Hunter and I got a D ranking. If my kids, see that they will get the impression a D is acceptable and not strive for an A.
J/K
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I dont know why they bother adding in so many letters.

As far as the community is concerned every class in A is actually S, every class in B is actually in F and everyone in C not only does not exist but has never existed.

7 Likes

I understand what your saying, and even acknowledge it to some degree. But warriors, mages and hunters certainly dont get this same treatment. They have a top tier spec in SOME expansions but not seemingly at the start of every single one.

Havoc and outlaw are esp egregious rn because they arent just top tier in one form of content but multiple

1 Like

Wowhead has literally been unreliable in everything except copy and pasting quest guides. Why would you put any stock in this tier list?

1 Like

I wish websites would stop putting them out. They’re really only relevant at the highest levels of progression and are occasionally wrong or misleading, yet everyone takes them as gospel and refers directly to them while forming groups for N/H raids and low to average level M+, content where individual skill is far more important than tier lists and meta builds.

2 Likes

But do people even know why these classes are where they are ranked?

Do people look at this list and think “ok because demo is in the top tier it must do the most damage”

If I didn’t know otherwise I’d assume it’s just based on damage

Demo is like the only caster who can live massive damage, and uh, these dungeons are a slaughterhouse for dps who don’t have any tankiness

Demo as a spec damage wise will be lower than everything else melee in S tier. By a large margin. But they are tanky. And we like when DH is meta.

1 Like

lol “how come you dont know that thing that I just found about 5 minutes ago and am now judging you for!!”

The wowhead page OP linked has descriptions for every spec and also a video where they talk about why they’re ranked in depth. It’s based on damage, survivability and utility

2 Likes

Yeah I think that the only problem is that people won’t look into that far and just assume like “demo must blast” (which it does) but that’s not why it’s S tier ya know or else ele shaman would also be S tier

I’m still amazed that people read more into these than the meme that they are

They have said this on their M+ tier list:

Disclaimers About This Tier List

This tier list is designed to be an interesting discussion of what we think will make certain specs valuable to top Mythic+ teams, but it should not be used to decide which spec you’re going to play or which specs you’ll invite to your groups. It also does not aim to sort classes based solely on damage meters but rather on pushing value - which specs will add the most value to a Mythic+ team and what specs will be meta defining. It’s likely that there will be several balance changes over the coming weeks. We will endeavor to update the tier list whenever balance changes occur and as our understanding of the metagame solidifies.

Historically, damage has been king for most, if not all, seasons of Mythic+. We think that there is a bit of a paradigm shift with the first season of Dragonflight as survivability is now drastically more valuable even at lower levels of dungeons. The amount of damage that many dungeons can output onto their players even at low keystone levels levels is considerably higher than previously experienced. Damage and Utility are still important variables to consider, but survivability now goes beyond “can you live these one shots.”

The criteria that we have used to rank these specs has expanded further this season with survivability being so important. Damage, Utility, and Survivability are now all in heavy consideration. Damage will always be very important for DPS specializations as this will allow you to complete the key in a faster timeframe. Additionally, more damage typically leads to less damage taken. Utility in Mythic+ is typically the least important variable, but there is a lot of polarizing utility that will allow dungeons to be completed easier. Bloodlust is a prime example of this, and if you do not have a lust in your group it could be worth taking a “worse” spec in order to get that utility. Survivability as stated above is now incredibly important with now bosses and trash having high amounts of burst damage, and this tier list ended up very weighted towards damage and survivability first.

1 Like

i mean to be fair, every demo ive grouped with has in fact been blasting

Yeah I’d say this is as legit of a tier list as you’re gonna get.

Tf kind of tier list doesn’t have an S tier? There literally has to be at least 1 S tier because there has to be one dps that is higher than the rest, be it by 1dps or 1k dps that would still put it above the rest.

Lol, clearly didn’t play BFA. Also, list doesn’t have Affliction as F tier so clearly it’s completely wrong.

Blizzard:

2 Likes

i did, i remember outlaw being S tier at least for M+, pretty sure havoc was too. we talking about warlock? cause i coulda sworn it was either destruction or demo that was doing good then

Nice ,more stuff so people will get argue about.

I don’t play the META spec anyways. I don’t like momentum.

also in most raids you only really want to bring a max of 4 to 5 melee(maybe 6 on some boss). Is so much easier to spread out as range.

Also depends on your group comp. You want a DH for the magic damage buff, monk for physic damage buff, a b rez, Anti magic zone or raid wide mechancis, hero, and evoker for their shorten CD on movement speed abilities.