DPS self heals

Literally the only melee I can get away from as long as Death Grip is on CD. Ret Pally is also not bad to kite . Then there is my cousin Enh. I don’t bother kiting too much , they just melt when you unload .

I just can’t get into (enjoy) elemental shaman due to the ramp up it requires. I want instant gratification. :wink:

Enhancement is just a loss, ATM. It was incredibly fun in WoD though. One of my favorite classes.

1 Like

That’s our major problem during solo play versus most melee. Need to somehow survive till maelstrom ticks up .

Not a problem in BG’s for the most part due to healers .

Uhhhh what? Dk/warrior is essentially one of rshams best comps for the simple reason that they can both have tank trinkets and their defensives/sustain is so high that they don’t need heals.

No joke enhance needs a healer more than dk does.

Like I don’t think pure dps all need their sustain super nerfed but right now you guys have the best defensives, best cc, best damage and now sustain which was historically our thing.

Like enhance off heals are so bad. Our defensives are half of what yours is (sham rage vs icebound anyone?). Our damage is comparable and our cc is comparable. To buff shaman off heals to the point of dk ds would honestly be a bad thing… I don’t want thaaaaatttt much sustain either.

1 Like

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? If they stun you, then pet stun them at the 2 sec mark of kidney and then transform pet and root him if he trys to run. Hit death’s advance or the stride one.

And what does this have to do with bfa?

This whole discussion has been about preventing heals. DK had chains, stun and death strike in Legion. IIRC the death strike was massively buffed when… was it when IBF was active? Guaranteed heal to full.

That said, I didn’t play DK in Legion, but I did in WoD (Frost), Cata (UH) and WoTLK and DK healing was actually stronger for PvP in those expansions than it is now. Crazy, but true.

You are basically making my point. DK can’t heal themselves if they are starved on runic power. Healer can keep them up in those windows.

And, I was under the impression that arms what was being played in arena and not fury because arms has close to zero self-sustain.

PvE trinkets aren’t a class balance issue. That is just Blizzard being dumb.

There is no point in trying to theorycraft an entire fight. We haven’t even considered cloak, vanish, blind and sprint with talent to prevent snares and root yet.

The talent doesn’t prevent these. You can def still root sprint.

Then dont start doing it if you dont want to finish it

We are in bfa, working off bfa things and as a different spec. Unholy wasnt very viable last xpac in pvp. While this xpac the roles have reversed with the slight difference of frost being more viable right now than unholy was during legion.

The sprint won’t remove a root, but my understanding is that it will prevent a root while the 4 second buff is up. It definitely prevents snares. That would require testing.

I wasn’t trying to theorycraft an entire fight. That is pointless as no two fights are ever exactly the same. The only point I was making is that DKs and deathstrike in particular has counterplay. That doesn’t mean that DK isn’t strong. That doesn’t mean that DK needs buffs. That doesn’t even mean that DK will lose the fight. That just means that counterplay exists and the person who plays the fight better has a good chance of winning the fight.

What you did in Legion is the same as what you do in BFA with respect to trying to stop deathstrike healing. Also, it was strands so I got to fight the rank 1 DK as both frost and unholy. They switched specs at the halfway point. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t play DK in Legion mainly because they removed stance dancing which is what I kind of enjoyed about the class. I really don’t like DK in BFA either. This DK is way down on the list of my favorite classes to play.

Or a hunter thats not playing BM. Fury warriors might as well be wolverine with the absurd healing they have. Also rogue is blizzards wonderboy class for some odd reason.

So much crying in this thread… all because hybrids want to do equal DPS to pure classes AND have superior heals. You don’t get both. Your heals can prevent a teammate from dying. I can’t do that with my heal on a rogue and I damn sure can’t spam it. Most of the time, my 30% heal, which is over 6 seconds and not an instant heal by the way, is easily pushed through and is mainly used in a clutch situation in which I just popped other CDs.

As was stated before with TTKs, if you out last me and force my CD usage, I’m a sitting duck, especially if Vanish is on CD. My defensives, Cloak and Evasion, are on a 2 minute CD. If I talent Elusiveness, then I can have a minor damage reduction at the cost of 35 energy. If I’m energy starved, which is generally the case if I’m trying to DPS, I have to either stop DPSing to make sure I have the energy to soak a Gpie or Chaos Bolt or some other big attack, or eat it and pop Crimson Vial after, that is if I didn’t just die. If I choose to use both, I’m only going to be using melee attacks for a bit.

The point is, stop crying because as a Shaman, you bring more utility than just your DPS or self heals. As a Pally, you bring more utility than just your DPS or self heals. As a Druid, you bring more utility than just your DPS or self heals. Learn to play your classes for what they are, not what you think they should be.

3 Likes

Thing is, the two classes that I’ve played (personal experience) that I feel have had the most effective burst are paladin and feral druid, balance druid after that. All hybrids.

This seems more like an arena complaint, but this is the battlegrounds forum. On the feral druid it was nearly “pick a person to die.”

1 Like

Good feral druids or ret pallies eat rogues all day long.

2 Likes

Great awesome. Yet in arena rogue top spec, rbgs top spec.

Feral rbgs non existant.
Arenas like 15

Ret I think I saw 20 above 1700
Arenas like 5 above 2400.

2 Likes

This thread hurt my brain

Lol no man. Rsham is brought specifically for windshear, purge and their own tankiness with pack spirit. Maybe heal the warrior from time to time. Ds is ridiculous

Hyperbole for likes, right? I checked your claims and every single one of them is wrong. But good for you, you got likes!

2 Likes

You mean like how you claim casting vial in a pvp setting is a dps loss?

However my claim that rogue lock and mage combined make up the next 7 specs. You are suspiciously quiet about

Edit: and taking a look there are 7 ferals above 2k in rbgs 4 rets and 66 rogues.
Rogue only being beaten in numbers by mw, but as we are talking dps here. Rogue is number 1 for rbgs.

For arena its an even bigger lopsided joke