DPS self heals

Can someone explain why a warrior/rogue has better self heals than an spriest or shaman?

12 Likes

Why should they have better self heals, because they have healer offspecs? Should WW monks and havoc DH’s have better than average suvivability because they have tank offspecs?

5 Likes

Idk about ww monk, but call me Survivor Man :sunglasses:

Well rogue is blizzards pet class along with mage. Warrior arms doesn’t have the healing they are usually easy kills fury is kinda ehh if you cc enranged regen they usually flop after

1 Like

Until they get two pve tank/heal trinkets :joy: it’s funny arms warrior is considered pretty good right now but I wonder if that is strictly due to obscene pve gear. Skill capped released a fun pve gearing guide for PvP and warriors essentially have 4 pve gear slots with cut of death.

True pve gear is broken i haven’t seen many arms warriors and a good majorty of them aren’t hard to kill only seen 1 or 2 good 1s all expansion

Anytime a hybrid class has to heal they have to sacrifice up time on the target to do so. It also opens us up to being interrupted and locking us out of our dps abilities. What does a rogue, DH, DK and warrior have to give up to do their healing? No non hybrid class should have self healing.

30 Likes

Sometimes I have to move a little to the right to collect all my soul fragments… it’s a hard life.

10 Likes

Spriest is pretty tanky NGL

fear/greater fade/disperse/ life swap/ etc.

A fear that you have to be in melee range to use isn’t tanky. Greater fade lasts a grand total of 4 seconds.

Life swap is incredibly situational, and is dependent on another player, not the class itself.

Tbh a fire mage is more tanky than spriest.

Maybe I’m just a salty priest main. But yeah it’s annoying to see my weak self heals, then the warrior that’s been on me can just leap charge back to me and instantly heal for a quarter of his health.

7 Likes

Dk gives up one of their highest dps abilities that also increases their rune regeneration. DS is deffinetly a great heal but its not free like you’re implying.

Having to use a cooldown and spend resources is what every class has to do in order to increase their effectiveness. Now allow me to ask you a few questions. What up time are you giving to do this increased healing/normal healing from DS? Are you at anytime having to stop your pressure on the target to do this healing? And lastly what risk do you have to take when using your healing?

1 Like

tank trinkets. the sad thing is they nerf them 50% for non tank specs, yet they’re still way too powerful. on an actual tank it’s way… way worse…

Well it’s double. You spend one recource and reduce the regen of your other resource, which generates the first recource. So you’re losing out on everything, slows dmg necros even the potential for more DS’s. I think DS is a little strong vs big burst, but it does significanly reduce presure to spam them.

Lol yea the recent skill cap video showed some clips and the healing on some of them are insane. Combine that with cut of death, probably why arms warrior is decent right now.

Wtb op pve tank trinkets for the loot table of enhance :sob: can’t even get them in the crate or spend a bonus roll to try… Bleh…

Or better yet just gut pve gear in PvP and give us wod gearing back lol

2 Likes

that’s what bothers me the most. Mail classes don’t get them on the loot table and they suffer tremendously for it. It’s the most irritating thing about the game rn. Also I don’t have my sporepods yet :laughing:

1 Like

Honestly vs all damage… It’s the same with rogue/dh… The amount of healing + insanely good defensive CDs makes them all basically impossible to kill.

Let’s compare icebound to sham rage for example :sob: dhs/rogues also have amazing defensives. I don’t like a one shot meta but right now it’s way too forgiving… Mess up and waste your defensive cd? Just spam ds and live forever which is pretty hard to punish (again not just a dk issue).

XD haha yea that thing is pretty sick… I want those healing ones for when I heal though. Useable after you get kicked? Oh man so op and I didn’t even realize it.

2 Likes

Had to remove the (e) for you

1 Like

Good looking out. Thank you Sir.:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

That’s laughable

4 Likes