DPS queuing as tank

I agree; I should have. Lesson learned on my part. Thank you.

• Zander

I generally dont mind but the dungeon I ran last night I pulled agro extremely easy.

On your OP… Yeh it’s a lousy move. I can understand at the end of an xpac to a degree. But for the most part. I hate when a dps ques as a tank just to que faster but does not actually tank. If its not a guild group that person ran with, I will give them the ol boot and get an actual tank.

You have no idea what those words mean do you ?

Especially shill.

I mean the cold hard facts are that : tanks just don’t get yelled at in game in like 99.99999% of dungeons. It’s a pure fantasy made up by some GD posters.

If it happens to you especially often, next time, I suggest listening to what people are yelling about and fixing that.

There was a devastation evoker in my run last night; they were level 70. The tank was level 65. The evoker was pulling aggro off the tank constantly. The evoker left the dungeon shortly after.

• Zander

I had a healer last night from Ragnaros that wiped us because he didn’t heal us at all on the first boss in the centaur dungeon. No one said a word. At the second attempt we killed it and had the rest of the run go smooth, because he decided to heal. The entire dungeon no one said anything except ‘ty gg’ when it was over.

All this tank berating sure does seem way overbown, and made up to exacerbate the point across that GD is seriously afraid of tanking.

1 Like

I just vote to kick them as they are not filling the intended role. If they vote to keep them i leave and they can wait for another healer.

My guess was the lack of a shield was the biggest problem. DK’s, Druids and Monks can get away with swapping roles between DPS/tank for leveling dungeons but for classes like Warrior and Pally that shield is a huge chunk of our defense.

I think you can que as a tank in tank spec but then you just change spec before the dungeon pops.

DKs are missing quite a bit in Unholy and Frost. Just the mastery Blood Shield is big.

Monks ? WW doesn’t even have stagger. They’re wet paper.

I was mistaken, my bad.

Yes but then switching to the tank spec is easier because there isn’t a huge gear difference . Particularly with the weapon. It’s not like Pally/Warrior where you have to switch from a 2H to sword and board. It sounds like that warrior OP is talking about switched to prot but just used a 2H to “tank”

Frost DKs with double 1 handers.

That wouldn’t even work.

Sounds like the OP had an overgeared Arms warrior from last expansion but it didn’t go as well as he planned.

But I’m doubting the OP because I think they put in the role queue feature from PvP in dungeons now.

But there is nothing stopping you from switching once you zone in. And you can queue as more than one roll.

The role queue in PvP does actually. Like I said, pretty sure it’s in dungeons now too.

Your assigned role is always on the accept screen.

It would be IF you didn’t have a good reason for doing so.

But “he’s not actually in a tank spec” is an EXCELLENT reason.

If he wants shorter queues he should have swapped specs and put on a shield (even a low ilvl shield would be better than none at all). The run would have gone smoother and this thread would not exist.

It’s not I’ve switched rolls between DPS/heals while inside a dungeon in response to someone ditching half way through. Did it several times in Pre-patch with the Tyr dungeon that people left because they didn’t get the drop they wanted.

This tells the whole story from last week and this one.

The margin of error shrinks in this new expansion. It is kind of important right now when the dungeon boss is beating on the hunter because the arms warrior helplessly chasing the boss from behind.

I cannot speak for dps and tank but I can speak for heal and dps. I can queue as a dps and healer, get selected as a healer and enter the dungeon as a dps. After I enter I change my spec to heals and going forward it will change my spec to heals if I am selected to heal when I enter as a dps spec…I hope that makes some sense. I may not have worded it well.

• Zander

And that’s cool if the tank leaves for one reason or the other and you’re waiting for one to show up. HOWEVER you cannot queue as a tank as a hunter. That’s the issue. If you’re gonna queue as a roll, play the role. At least in the first week of a dang expansion. No one is overgearing anything significantly at this point.

Later on when we all outgear this stuff then fine, I’m 100% cool with a dps in the tank spot as long as they can handle it. If you’re making me as the healer just spam heal you as frantically as a coffee addict that hasn’t had a fix in three days as a dps “tank” then you’re infringing on my fun and we’re gonna have an issue. Your fun isn’t more important than mine.