Dps DKs make us tougher or return to mop-wod

Oh yeah I’ve been to the class forums

Locks should have been givin Dark A after losing meta

Pretty sure it did. DK smashed in 3/5 raids and was good in the other two.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out. What I meant by that is life would have been better for all three specs if we kept what we had fron wod.
But we didn’t and 3/5 isn’t bad

It would have been 5/5 if we did

1 Like

new day
so Breath gives runes at the beginning at at the end
thats nice i guess
but really when are you guys gonna fix what you broke by now knowing what you are doing?

Just give me back my presences and stop making abilities as talent choices…

3 Likes

Im surprised that so many are surprised when classes/ specs change. Dks are on top during one xpac and down the next. With maybe a mid xpac boost or nerf. This is true with all specs.

Its actually a good thing. Try a new class. Try a new spec of that class. Play a new game for a while. Or i guess you can complain on the forums, but that rarely if ever helps.

As far as the talents/ abilities that have been in gear the last couple expansions. I would love to see then back in the spell book and talent page/tree. Would make leveling feel a bit better and possibly give some more options for builds.

You do realize that this is an RPG right? Some people really like the fantasy of the Death Knight, and shudder at the thought of playing a goodie goodie paladin or priest, a meatheaded warrior, a smartarse mage, etc

2 Likes

Thing is I dont wanna try something new when they change somethin and we left feedback on saying its crap please don’t do it. Then it happens anyway.

if we dont complain they just change stuff on a whim and people will feel alienated

i agree tho stuff that were base and made talents to be baseline again

2 Likes

At least we are still slow!

2 Likes

Its actually a good thing. Try a new class. Try a new spec of that class. Play a new game for a while. Or i guess you can complain on the forums, but that rarely if ever helps.

what kind of logic is that

A large problem is the current talent system. Instead of tying abilities to the system in the way they are, they should make all of these abilities baseline, but add effects to a certain ability per tier so that we aren’t choosing between abilities, we are choosing between for example, AOE/Utility/Single Target/or even Fun

1 Like

I totally understand. My favorite class and spec is feral druid. I play them regardless were they stand in the rankings. I accept that my favorite class will not always be best, and that changes will be made that i personally may not like.

I do like playing alts too. I cant imagine not taking advantage of all those class options in the game.

Im just saying the changes will always happen. Its the original time metric. If blizzard can get you to play more characters, that equals more play time. Simple.

For the hardcore RPGers. Just look at it as a moment of weakness that your class order is going through. Or something like that. :grin:

1 Like

And if Blizzard can get me to enjoy my characters that I do play more, I will play them more over alts. More time invested = more loyalty = longer/more subs

Welcome to the world of mortals where we can die when hit too much, too hard.

I’m always in favor of being buffed :muscle: :cold_face:

I just started a DK yesterday for the first time, and from what I’ve read online unholy has some great AOE/cleave damage.

But yeah, it seems like they have the possibility to underperform compared to other classes. Of course this is all based on the idea that everyone is perfect and playing to the best of their ability with no screw ups.

The human element can make a “poor dps” class like DK outshine a great one that statistically does more damage than DK. And from what I’ve read on forums (I even started a topic on it) most classes don’t seriously impact group dps until you hit higher mythic+ raids and dungeons. Which is a small percentage of players anyway. Most players will never see mythic raids, let alone mythic 15+.

And really…10 percent difference in damage isn’t a ton. That mean statically it it took 10 hits to kill something, you’d need to do 11 Hits with a DK. Mix in the fact that your party is going to have plenty of other people playing Meta classes, it’s not a bad thing to have a DK for dealing with mobs. Everyone has a job in the group right?? as long as you embrace your roll then you should do fine.

Then you mix in the fact that if you buff DK damage, someone else becomes bottom of the barrel in DPS and complains about wanting more buffs…and you end up in a never ending nerf/buff war.

But I understand the OPs want for some mechanics brought back/introduced to make the class feel more complete. Even if it doesn’t mean a huge dps buff, it can make it more versatile for different situations.

I’m so tried of do nothing band-aids instead of actually fixing stuff as an example oblit scaling in some form like making to frost damage or scaling with mastery

2 Likes

While DKs had things to complain about in wod they were miles better than now

being able to keep up with the group. Soul Reaper being our execute

and as janky odd it was Dark Simulacrum was interesting to use

I’ll certainly take your word for it since I don’t have much experience playing DK yet. It does sound like the class has, in a general sense, been gutted a bit. Which is sad when it used to be enjoyed/more competitive.

I’m just saying at least it’s seemingly good for something still!

1 Like

pre legion it was a different experience

1 Like