Dps DKs make us tougher or return to mop-wod

some time in legion DPS DKs were told slow unstoppable juggernauts and even with the artifacts it still didnt measure up. now in bfa with the artifacts taken away with not a whole lot given back to help us with that theme.

for a frosty juggernaut wouldn’t returning some things help

give back the traits that helped with our damage like

Ambidexterity
Bad to the Bone
cold as ice
dead of winter
Ferocity of the Ebon Blade <- hey our faction power up
Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 10%

for veteran give back that armor bonus and add in some reduced damage taken

frozen skin reduced damage taken by 7%

bladed armor increases armor by 1% for every 1000 pts of str you have

also having the presences back

also also what do you think of having an execute back by bringing back soul reaper

am i just blowing hot air and shut up and let them destroy everything

13 Likes

Can’t destroy what already is destroyed, the dk dps specs

15 Likes

DK’s, all three specs are in an amazing spot right now. We couldn’t ask for a better team for class design and balancing. Not really sure what you’re complaining about.

1.) They are at the bottom of the dps chart

2.) It’s boring

3.) They don’t have as much survivability

16 Likes

Not sure if serious or being funny.

3 Likes

1 its general
2 hes always like that

2 Likes

Someone has to be at the bottom, the charts are almost perfectly balanced.

If you want to play something with a lot of abilities then you’ll need to find a new game, tbh.

As what?

Cladis sometimes is a sarcastic troll, you have to read a lot of his posts to understand his behavior.

Yes, you’re all subject of study of a large scale social experiment.

8 Likes

The whole problem with the “Juggernaut like Arthas” motif is… it works for Arthas.

No one else.

Arthas gets away with moving at the speed of a trundling slasher flick villain because by comparison, we’re all dumb teenagers in high heels and no inhibitions. He makes the absolute paragons of both factions look like nothing. When you’re talking a power discrepancy like that, the whole “slow, menacing” vibe works. Yeah, you might be able to outrun Arthas, but that’s all you can hope to do. You can’t kite him to death, you can’t zip around and humiliate him, you can’t snipe him from a distance - all you can do is run and pray.

Problem is, you can’t have that kind of discrepancy in a game where classes are supposed to be more or less equal. Sure, someone’s on top, and the situation will shuffle the deck somewhat, but you can’t have someone running at 50% speed and 2500% capacity in all other areas. The “Run from the unstoppable killing machine” vibe can’t fit into that model.

The Death Knights can’t be implacable destruction because there’s a bare minimum placcability built into the fundamental concept of the game. Balance won’t have it. You have to be a minimum level of vulnerable, and the “horror villain” vibe can’t withstand that fact.

Also, the “dual wielding” image is on its face all about speed and agility - striking fast and as many times as possible. That’s the whole idea on the face of it. Thus, that too flies in the face of the Death Knight as this lumbering, slow moving brute. It doesn’t work.

Blizzard’s described what they want and what they’re going for with the Death Knight, but none of that changes the fact that it’s wholly untenable. Even at the utmost of extremes, if they pushed it as hard and fast as it can go, that “Arthas” vibe cannot be achieved. Not in a fair setting on a fair playing field. In the end, their weapon set says speed, while their mobility is ponderous, and their overall capacity is lacking on all fronts. Death Knights aren’t Inevitable Doom Incarnate - they’re an asthmatic goth mall ninja waddling out of a buffet.

Drop the “I wanna be Arthas” schtick - it’ll never pan out. Bring their mobility up to par, and redesign them to be as fun and functional as the game space will allow.

21 Likes

very right Val if anything i just want presences back and wod DA also how do you like wrath walk

2 Likes

The image is neat, but not worth the mechanics and doesn’t ultimately pan out. Aka, all the problems with the Death Knight as it currently stands summarized in a single button.

DKs are at the bottom of the mobility pile for a reason, and… who has fun struggling to get from point a to point b…? Find a gnome and ask how much they love getting stuck trying to swim through otherwise shallow water that everyone else can walk through.

It’s the same principle, but all the time always and forever.

10 Likes

You call dead last amazing? I mean if you want to use cherry-picked statistics for 1 or 2 fights that cater to Frost’s strengths you can say they are good. But then there are logs for a full 9 boss raids that exist and that shows a very different picture.

https:// www.warcraftlogs. com/zone/statistics/21

The top 5 are 10% to 13% higher than all the rest, and nearly all of the melee makes up the bottom half of the charts.

DK is fine… complaining about the DPS difference 95% of the players will never see? I think it’s pointless.
DK UH do the job, maybe not first, but it does it nonetheless. AOE is really good, survivability also. It’s a slow lumbering armor plated swiss knife. And I enjoy playing it. I don’t care if that rogue is first on the d!ck meter. As long as i survive, do my part and a bit more and got the job done it’s what matters to me.

2 Likes

The lower the percentage of logs you look at the worst the DK’s perform. So you have that backwards. Its the top 25% that see much more balance difference. The bottom 70% see a very different thing.

3 Likes

So deliver on what you keep saying either make us juggernauts and prove the poster above wrong or return us to what we were like in wod

1 Like

Unholy dk is awful right now, playstyle has far to much downtime an we lost so much from legion that made the spec flow an not be rune straved constantly, i have no hope for unholy this xpac an hope next xpac we will see a rework.

And this is why the forums should require a drug test.

1 Like

Dhartin<Sunder>
120 Human Death Knight

Personally I think the Juggernaut model could work, speed wise, in a pve environment, we are fast enough to do what we need to do, and if we truly need a bit more speed we can talent in Wraith Walk, not to mention DA is actually kind of useful in a few fights where you can ignore or at least more easily avoid mechanics because of it.

The issue is DKs haven’t truly been turned into the slow-moving Juggernaut model, the devs basically stopped at the slow-moving part and then didn’t add the extras. DK defenses is just barely middling for some reason, which is beyond silly, Death Strike does help, but it’s a reactive tool, DK DPS should be one of the tankiest if not the absolute tankiest DPS there is, that’s paid for with the having the slowest mobility.

DPS is always tricky, technically you want all your DPS to be within spitting distance of one another, so you can’t just make DK DPS stronger than other DPS classes, course the issue right now is our DPS, ST wise, is pretty much scrapping the bottom of the barrel. In theory, if the devs truly wanted some sort of Juggernaught feeling for DKs they would add back in an execute kind of ability such as old soul reaper, which thematically fits really well.

But of course all of this is kind of moot, the devs truly don’t want to make DKs Juggernauts, as they’ve done nothing to actually make them thematically resemble that archetype beyond the low mobility.

5 Likes

both frost and unholy are likely getting reworks for next xpac. I can’t see them remaining in their current state for the next xpac.

Unholy has an identity crisis. the spec struggles to find its role as a rot spec or necrolord.

Frost at the moment is just a spec with abilities that are frost themed but have no synergy.

It is really bamboozling. The specs are so gutted and incomplete, that they feel like they are in Alpha stages of testing for Wotlk.

12 Likes

I feel doubly bad for gnome DKs…

/hugs for the tiny reapers of death

5 Likes