Doom Winds drop rate?

prices are already dropping. They were massively inflated on Tuesday for the hype of ppl finally making them. Now people are overflowing the AH with the mats trying to cash in while the iron is hot. I decided to wait a few days to craft mine and ive already saved over 15k gold

There isnā€™t one, this is like the only legendary thatā€™s not a downgrade from equipping an epic for enhancementā€¦ the others are literally trash. This isnā€™t just BiS, itā€™s the only one actually worth crafting.

Iā€™m at 31 and countingā€¦ My first run here it dropped for an ele shaman, who didnā€™t want it, and couldnā€™t trade it. Not seen it since, but about 5 other powers have dropped for other classes.

At the end of my 41st run I finally got itā€¦ causing much suffering to the OTHER Enh shaman in my group who didnā€™t. Felt bad for the dude. Am currently pounding out the last 300 soul ash i need to finish the Runecarver opener quest, Iā€™ll have it Tonight.

Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
NOTHING.

Compares to farming SGC. Abso-lutely NOTHING.

1 Like

Uhā€¦ what?

Most things Iā€™ve seen have wolf bones as highly competitive if not better for sustained single target particularly, with doomwinds being the premier choice for AoE and slightly (debatable) in front on ST - provided both are being played as optimally as possible.

Also I still donā€™t really think enough testing has been done especially with raid having not been released on live for you to be making a statement like that

1 Like

i think i got it after 8 runs, is there a way to check stats?

19 runs, dropped on Normal. Was resto with loot spec set to enhance. GL Friends!

if you go into your achievements tab, thereā€™s a statistics tab down the bottom that you can choose Dungeons > Shadowlands and look for kills on the end boss.

1st normal run it droppedā€¦i play resto / ele i tried to trade it to an enh shaman in the group but sadly it would not allow me to do so. so dumb

Iā€™ve been taking a break from spires for the last couple days. But just checked and Iā€™m at 28 final boss kills. No doom winds yet.

Just got mine. Probably ran it around 7-10 times. Keep trying, everyone!

Just checked statistics - 12 runs it took.

I just got mine after 21 runs 11 normal 9 heroic and 1 mythic

ā€œMost thingsā€ - would you like to elaborate?

I have done a fair amount of testing in beta with legendaries from all 3 specs, running torghast, dungeons, and raids etcā€¦
Using my current equipment set and sims, a single target 3 minute fight puts the legendaries in this order:

4918 - Doom Winds
4895 - Deeptremor
4859 - Legacy of the Frost Witch
4702 - Witch Doctorā€™s Wolf Bones

Everything else is even lower still with Third Eye of the Jailer being the smallest upgrade of just 96 dps over my currently equipped gear (equipped: 4434).

Sure, the differences donā€™t look very big here, but letā€™s look at the differences relative to my gear:

+484 - Doom Winds
+461 - Deeptremor
+425 - Legacy of the Frost Witch
+268 - Witch Doctorā€™s Wolf Bones

Doom Winds here is ~13% better than Frost Witch, and ~80% better than Wolf Bones.

Itā€™s better to have something that you can control too. Doom Winds allows you to drop the totem when you need some burst, like at the start of lust, or when adds come out, or during damage phases etcā€¦
Only Doom Winds provides that, and it can also just be dropped once per minute for a consistent damage increase.

I doubt anyone doing Mythic raiding or high M+ keys would ever take Deeptremor, because the usage of Earth Elemental is generally scarce and situational.

In summary, the other legendaries arenā€™t very good at all in comparison and we shouldnā€™t waste our ash on them.

Simming with the 235 legendary instead of the 190, Doom Winds gives a further 100 dps increase, as does Deeptremor.

Frost Witch gives a further 80, and Wolf Bones about 70, showing that Doom Winds even scales better than the others with better gear, which will create an even bigger disparity in legendaries as we get better gear.

Got it first run. Hereā€™s where it gets interestingā€¦ Iā€™m resto

17 runs and got mine today, donā€™t think I could ever give it up!!

The thing trucks for burst.

Got it on my 4th run luckily.

Iā€™m 33 runs deep. Still nothing.

Would have been nice to be able to run other dungeons with my play time and get gear and practice mechanics and what not like what I expected Iā€™d be able to do at the beginning of the xpac but I want this legendary.

And blizzard decided in their infinite wisdom that itā€™s good game design to have some people get it first drop and for other people to have to waste the first two weeks of the xpac meaninglessly grinding the same easy dungeon over and over and over again.

I just got mine last night after 22 runs, 1 mythic, 8 ish heroics and rest normal. It dropped on heroic last night.

I got it on my very first try. Was on normal mode.

And just like that they increase the drop rate significantly based on difficult

Got it my 2nd normal run last night.

Itā€™s super OP. Good luck everyone.