Don't understand rating requirements

Actually this is the argument. It doesn’t matter if enough people play, it matters that an even distribution of skill levels are playing for MMR to work.
If 4% of the players of average or lower rating play…
And 50% of the players of a higher rating don’t play…
and 100% of players of the highest rating play…

Safe Gladiator range is gonna be like 1750.

Yes they will? 2000 rated players will get that weapon regardless of the change. 1400 rated players were never getting it in a reasonable time frame. This change only really hurts the hardstuck 1800 players. And those are, statistically, less than 6% of the arena ladder. And since only 4-6% of WoW players, again statistically, engage in arena, we’re talking 6% of 4% of players being impacted.

That’s like 0.24% of players being effected by the change.

1 Like

Nope. Wrong. Numbers don’t matter. Again. Wins will be more than losses. Take that logic and apply it to 1000 1500xp players. If you win half your games which you would going against the same competition, you still be getting more than 1500cr. The ones who win the most get the gear and gradually increase the gap. Eventually even 1500 players have the best gear because they had to beat someone.

“But that’s a lot of people!!!”””

Yeah but there’s more that aren’t affected. Which is why it’s fine and needs left alone.

If they changed it to be percentage based gates like the titles are you all would still be mad. That’s all I need to know.

The only ones who are mad are the ones who won’t get it now.

That’s my argument. So you literally refute my argument by agreeing with me. Great.

If 1700s becomes gladiator level, then this affects all of the players at the highest level as well as everyone else. No one gets the weapons.

You’re missing my point. You have been the whole time.

• We agree that these changes are going to essentially collapse arena participation and ruin the game modality for most prospective players.
  • We disagree that this is a PEOPLE problem and not a RATING problem.

The exact same people that are now not going to play arena because of the 2050 rating change to weapons WERE NEVER GETTING THEM ANYWAY. It’s not the rating requirement that is going to kill participation. It’s dumb people. It’s people that are not, realistically, impacted by the change quitting because of the change. That’s the problem, in its entirety. PEOPLE are going to ruin TBC arena, not Blizzard.

I used the gasoline analogy earlier because it’s perfectly apt. We don’t have a fuel shortage… we have a stupidity excess.

If its 1000 players 1500 xp, then you’ll end up with a distribution around 1300-1800.
If its 1000 players 2000 xp, you’ll end up with a distribution around 1300-1800.
If its 1000 players 2500 xp, you’ll end up with a distribution around 1300-1800.
If its 1000 players 3000 xp, you’ll end up with a distribution around 1300-1800.

You don’t understand the basics of how ELO and MMR works.

2 Likes

It is a people problem BECAUSE it is a rating problem. If people aren’t incentivized to play because there are no rewards, then you will have a lack of participation.

You can’t blame them either, raids would be a ghost town if they weren’t rewarding.

They were never going to get the rewards. Freakin’ “Ted” has never been above 1400 rating in his life. He sees the 2050 weapon rating requirement and goes “Screw that, I’m not going to play!”. Ted was never getting a weapon. Ted might respond "Well, I thought I could maybe get one before and now I KNOW that I can’t". Which is dumb. Ted was never getting that weapon. Before it wasn’t obvious to him, because he’s dumb. Now it is obvious for him because it’s written right out in simple letters; 2050.

People like my fictional Ted are going to collapse the MMR pyramid. Morons that are not actually impacted by the change quitting because of the change. That is not a Blizzard problem, that’s a Ted problem.

Under the old system they could. In fact they would get S2 weapon by saving throughout season 1. Now they aren’t even gonna stockpile and we will have the same problem on retail.

You just keep agreeing with me.

Rating system in place —> Players don’t play —> System collapses
Rating system not on place —> Players play —> System doesn’t collapse

Solution? Kill the rating system for Season 1 and drastically lower it for Season 2.

Yes! We’re saying 90% of the same things. Because it’s objective. It’s obvious. These changes will utterly annihilate the pyramid. Yes. yes. yes.

But they shouldn’t. The hyper-majority of people now refusing to play TBC arena because of the ratings change are not effected by the ratings change. Wouldn’t it be better to inform these idiots rather than Blizzard change the structure? "Hey, you. The guy that is dogs$@# at WoW and now is refusing to play arena because a weapon you weren’t going to be able to buy for 4 months is now locked behind a rating requirement you’ll never get. Yeah you. IT DOESN’T EFFECT YOU. Just buy the weapon without a rating requirement in S2. S2 will probably be about 4 months. At your 1430 rating it would’ve taken you over 4 months to buy it without the rating requirement. LITERALLY NOTHING HAS CHANGED FOR YOU. Stop being obstinate. You’re ruining arena with your stupidity. Thanks." - everyone

Yes.

But it will.

Yes. They. Will.

Because even if they got HORRIFICALLY LOW arena point income, they would save for an entire season and drop the points all at once in Season 2 to get the season 2 weapon because the points carry over. This happened in Original TBC and its the thing that kept people playing in Season 1 regardless of rating.

All of the raging at people who have above average, average and low arena ratings isn’t going to help your argument further.

Merciless weapons are strong. You want people just instantly buying a T5 equivalent weapon with their welfare trickled points from last season? This is like the best argument for a weapon rating.

I hope points don’t carry over.

People don’t need 3750, no one needs a 2h, they are only really doing it for the off hands.

The main hands in t4 and blacksmithing main hands are better.

The argument is they can no longer lose 10 games and get their bis offhand in 4 weeks.

1 Like

A good thing.

…FOR SEASON 2.

It’s the best argument for weapon rating…IN SEASON 2.

Which is also non-historic. Wouldn’t people be just as upset by that? Or not?

People keep trying to say it’s for a main hand lol, it’s not.

Enhance,rogues and fury bis main hand isn’t the pvp weapons, it’s the blacksmithing mace.

Sounds like you need cooler friends tbh.