Don't Talk in Battlegrounds

Who gets to decide what is abusive? You really seem to be devaluing the word abusive.

1 Like

Like I said, either report and move on, put them on /ignore, or just ignore what they are saying in chat.
Instead you chose the literal worse option of taking the bait and saying something that broke the ToS (again, this is assuming you’re actually not leaving any details out about your general conduct). Them being wrong, doesn’t make you right.

Edit:

Blizzard ultimately decides. And it seems like in your case, they have made that decision. You can either accept it, appeal it, or continue to behave in a way that breaks the ToS and warrants account actions.

2 Likes

It doesnt make me wrong either. They didnt do a wrong in my opinion either. Thats the point. ToS need to change.

Your opinion is just that, your opinion. The ToS and social contract does not care about opinions.

It’s been roughly the same for 20 years.

2 Likes

Lol ive played this game for 20 years off and on, no it really hasnt been the same. I get it though you love the thought of reporting people and banning people for trivial nonsense, thats who you are. Best wishes to you. Im done with this convo, i dont need to talk in chat for a week and we can just disagree. It is weird though i come to rant in forums and their is people who literally follow forums to do whatever it is you are doing instead of playing the game.

1 Like

Blizz does. It’s their house, their rules.

Nothing really happens just because of a report, besides a temp mute.

It goes to Blizz and they decide. There’s no permanent action until a human looks at it.

As far as devaluing the word, I’d refer you to the OP. It’s their assertion that it was the word ‘loser’ that was the violation. Not mine.

I will, however, assert that if they did get account action they did, in fact say something or did something that would reasonably be called abusive.

1 Like

There is a fair point there, Some changes in that time.

The Code of Conduct we all have to click through.

I enforcement seems to be improving too.

1 Like

I was suspended back in 2005 or so. And I deserved it.
I took responsibility and changed my behavior and stopped insulting people.

So yes, the code of conduct didn’t allow you to insult others even back then. It’s just more enforced and streamlined now than it was back then.

2 Likes

Pictures of Fruit Meme :rofl:

Simply put: You can’t call bots bots anymore, or a player who is playing badly bad without an in-game warning or account action. When I was playing as a teenager I got called names and trash in game. It was water off a ducks back, still is, its only a video game after all.

I think most of the people this effects have not had much irl conflict or been through tough times tbh. Makes some people these days soft where everything offends them.

So while I still believe you should be able to speak your mind I just do the following :rofl:

AFK out and relog when put in games with bad teams
AFK out and relog when against premades when I aren’t in one
Be overly enthusiastic about how the team is doing for the good when we are clearly bad
Grin and bear it when it comes to rated content

I have too many toons to reach Conq cap on to waste time lol

I also decided that everything that I don’t personally like or agree with deeply offends me

2 Likes

Mine was in the very first week arena was open in BC It was a couple days IIRC.

Enough to learn from. Outside of that I don’t recall another in game action or even a warning.

Forums, The only actions since then have been few and far between, one salty opinion about a specific dev once, another when I posted a news article that referred to some bad behavior by celebrity. I guess posting something describing that behavior, even in vague news article terms is a violation so OK, lesson learned.

They have changed it like 4 times just the last few years… they got to keep up with the SJW’s the keep hiring.

4 Likes

Mark my words:
Policing speech isn’t about speech, it’s about policing.

3 Likes

you’re a joke, i hope you know that.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize “taking responsibility for one’s behavior” was a joke, but it would explain some people’s behavior and subsequent surprise at getting banned over said behavior, I suppose.

2 Likes

Actually the “social contract” and the tos only got more draconian once blizzard got caught with the lawsuit.

The social contract is actually very new and was only created from what I can see as a pr stunt by them punishing the players for things they got caught doing.

When ofc the players didn’t do anything at all it was all them.

3 Likes

The social contract is basically just a rephrasing of the ToS that pops up to remind you from time to time. Harassment and insults were never allowed under the ToS for as long as I’ve been playing (since day 1).

And again, this goes down over and over in the customer service forum where someone will complain they got banned “for nothing” and a CS rep will reply with the receipts.

2 Likes

Nah the social contract came out when Blizz got slammed with lawsuits for harassment etc.

They tried to shift the blame to the player base changing paintings etc as some sort of woke PR stunt as Charming stated.

Mix that in with AI Customer Support and you have this mess.

2 Likes

Yep. I’m banned for a week because I used all caps to tell our monk to run to our base for crystal cap.

1 Like

But but but every account action gets reviewed by a hooman! /s

1 Like

Yep. Now I cant speak to anyone in bgs. I love it how I can’t even ping to alert my team of an inc. So i get called out for being bad thanks to blizz silencing me. I didn’t snitch on them though. You just got to laugh at this trash company that abuses women lecturing us about harassment.

3 Likes