Don't Talk in Battlegrounds

Then 99% of players should be banned lol Harassment is a loaded term. This BS “social contract” is just a way for them to shut up people that speak their mind or go against the hive mind. They don’t actually care.

1 Like

Welcome to world
Of softcraft

3 Likes

Assuming that’s all you actually said (and that is a very, very big assumption on my part as there’s always something more to the story), maybe try not telling people what to do in all caps?

“I admit I did something that broke the ToS and I got suspended for it! Blizzard is so unfair! How dare they enforce their own rules!”

2 Likes

It does. Just because the people who’s accounts got actioned disagree, doesn’t make it done by AI.
Again, this plays out over and over in the customer service forum where someone says they got banned for no reason or got banned by the AI, only for a rep to come in with the receipts.

2 Likes

Oh im sure there are cry wolves.

I hold the belief that the report system is mainly AI and you have to overcome numerous hurdles in the ticket system until you get a human to review.

People have done VODs about it, numerous reports in a couple minutes and then auto kick and ban/silence.

One of my things I was reported for when the AI system got back to me was “Eat pig! You get more hp!” in relation to putting down a Feast of Ribs. I was literally putting a pig down in front of everyone for the 10% hp boost. Yet that was a contributing factor to account action ?

I never took Blizz CS / AI seriously after that.

You can’t even critique people to tell them to do the
Right thing … what a crazy world we live in

1 Like

You can be temporarily silenced if you get a lot of reports. Never automatically suspended or banned.
I would guess that the streamers who got banned for organizing their viewers to abuse the report system were banned for doing exactly that: abusing the report system.

2 Likes

I do it all the time in battlegrounds. No account action yet.
Then again, I also don’t say it in all caps, spam it, or insult them when they don’t do what I want.

2 Likes

So its automated ? Cool, ta

I find that hard to believe since communities have been doing that for teammates capping Snowfall for example without repercussions

If by “it” you mean “an automatic, temporary silence can be applied to players that receive a lot of reports” then yes, I suppose “it” is automated. That applies no points to your account.

If you mean account actions like an actual suspension or ban, no, “it” is not automated. Every account action is reviewed by a real human. Just because you don’t like being held accountable for your in-game behavior, doesn’t mean it’s done by AI.

2 Likes

I will agree to disagree with you. I think it’s automated and only reviewed after multiple tickets through the AI CS system.

As someone else mentioned even if it is a human that reviews it, it will most likely be someone with a high quota and 0 time or chance to look at evidence, only faced with the actual wording of a chat.

Clear case example : Eat pig! You get more hp - followed by Feast of Ribs placement… huh I dont think that should contribute to account action.

Dont get me wrong, I can be toxic when frustrated about the game but the standard has plummeted in relation to this sort of thing.

This is the envitable result : People complaining in CS forums, BG forums about not talking and people remaining silent during all BGs for fear of being reported.

First, yay.

Second, No

It was something else.

1 Like

It’s also fair to say that if someone needs specific instructions in the middle of a fight, it’s too late already.

Before a match is when you study up.

In the match is focusing on the game.

Spewing bile does not generally focus a team

1 Like

My most favorite thing in the world is having someone wait till 10 seconds before the gates open say “I haven’t seen this map before, how do we win?”. /s

2 Likes

That’s when I try to give them a very quick rundown. Most BGs are simple at least.

2 Likes

I have some macros I made with quick speeches during the first 2 seasons, and when I’m on a new toon this season, like under 1k, Ill ask if people know the map and want the map speech.

Past there I kinda think it’s gotta be sink or swim to some extent.

1 Like

Apparently you actually need to change if you think nothing short of racism is offensive enough for reporting.

3 Likes

As I had said earlier these people who are now afraid to talk, are likely the ones who cannot control themselves and are the vast minority of people.

Most of us are just continuing to talk like we always have and, shockingly, are not getting bans.

3 Likes

It’s weird that you would say that honestly…

Nobody is “afraid” to talk. They just don’t understand why they risk losing their account for having a different opinion then the “majority”. When people aren’t allowed to have a differing opinion that’s when things need to change.

1 Like

What do you think is a better word than “afraid”? Reluctant? Apprehensive? Use whatever word fits better for you.

Either way, people are not getting banned for having differing opinions. It’s for being disrespectful of others. If you are having trouble understanding what respectful communication looks like to most people, then you are the one that needs to change, not the ToS.

2 Likes