Don't Talk in Battlegrounds

Posted from a 78 alt….

If you want to be constructive and helpful, that’s one thing, but I doubt that is your goal with your “tough love”.

1 Like

Hey priest, can I get fort?

Saying that at the start of a bg shouldnt be considered harassment, but maybe I called you out and you didnt like it, maybe you felt like I did it as a dig at your game performance and you didnt like it. Would I expect you to report me for harassment? No, but some people will pass out reports like crazy for little to no reason. I understand that was an extream unwarrenting of reporting example and instances that do warrent blizzard intervention exist.

We all need to remember there is no freedom of speech on Blizzards intellectual property and try to be as kind, supportive, and encouraging as possible.

2 Likes

Alt? Check pvp this character…?

Level 78 with 6 posts…not sure what you are trying to say about level 10 alts. Does that actually matter in this context?

2 Likes

Level 10 alts mean that the person behind the alt doesn’t want you to see their actual accomplishments in the game because then ofc it would be revealed they don’t really have a leg to stand on in arguments and they are only doing it to gaslight.

Which would remove any sense of credibility or what little of it they may have once had.

They want you to just take their word that they are an absolute professional in anything they talk about and scoff at any suggestion of proof that they have a clue.

The reason they are level 10 is cause that’s the minimum requirement to post on the forums.

2 Likes

Im offended so I reported your post.

And the cool thing is, if it was a legit flag, it goes on the posters record.

But if it’s a retribution flag it tags yours for abuse of the report system.

1 Like

Im genuinely offended by being called toxic.

I guess read the coc? It’s not a subjective standard.

1 Like

Why are you victim blaming me ?

And that’s how ignore works.

F is for forever

1 Like

See you buddy !

Hey lastarria, as charming explained in a way above-

Posting on low level alts that havent participated in rated pvp(low level, 20 and under) is basically the same as posting as anonymous; as we cant look up thier characters rating history and main toons.

Anon posters… well yea, you can see the problems that arise with that. Allows players to troll and gaslight without repercussion.

It’s not a problem, it is a choice.

I don’t talk about anything where whatever my ratings are on all my toon has any relevance. You don’t have to be a sweaty gamer to understand mathematics.

And honestly the ones who complain about it just end up being flagged and ignored eventually, because it all comes back to being toxic. That’s what they are really mad about, being indifferent to them beyond a mute or a flag.

1 Like

Yea. Keep spammin that report button when you see anything in chat that you dont personally approve of. This is a safe place after all :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

It’s not “sweaty” to expect someone speaking on a subject to actually have some experience in what they are talking about. You would not take your health advice from someone who isn’t a doctor yeah? Same concept.

I’ve been flagged many times but nothing has ever come of it because the extremely broad and wide definition of toxic the flaggers have is not compatible with what normal people think is toxic.

I think many people are rolling their eyes at first glance when told something is “toxic” because now it’s used more as a cudgel to bash people with instead of a word that actually has some weight.

3 Likes

I will, I’m having a great time in game. Have 6 toons geared and playing RBGB, 7th probably today. I’d be playing more if I hadn’t also been building a new outbuiding here at the house. yay being retired.

3 Likes

Yea i love the 10 to 20 bracket too, its alot of fun on my hunter!

I would have thought people from older generations would have much more of a “dgaf” attitude but I guess there will always be outliers.

I mean Karens and Kevins do exist. Make sure Forumtoon can’t demand to speak to your manager :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, gotta respect our elders, epecially the ones in the 10 to 20 bracket TOS and contract checking everyones chat to hit that report button! It gives them something to do and it keeps the game mods busy!
Lets goo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :raised_hands:

2 Likes