Don't release the content too fast, please

That’s because in those other games (including Retail), you don’t need to complete the previous tier before moving on due to extreme catchup, and you can complete your gearing up in a few weeks if you do complete the tier.

Classic, unlike almost every other expansion (TBC has some catch-up but not a heap), requires you to get the gear from BWL to do AQ, and from AQ to do Naxx. While MC eventually becomes skippable as guilds can walk you into BWL, that’s well after the fact. And getting all the gear you need takes months, because of the small drop rates and large teams.

So people who quit after a month after content release, will find themselves undergeared and incapable, when the next tier comes out.

3 Likes

That’s what’s great about classic, no welfare catch up nonsense

2 Likes

3-4 months per phase? That’s too fast.

Most people won’t even be level 60 in 3-4 months.

4 Likes

I’m pretty chapped at the pvp getting the delay, but it is what it is. :frowning:

My “end game” is PVP as well. I will be playing a moderate amount of time, maybe 20 hours a week. I appreciate that there will be time enough for me to enjoy the level up process and get deep into some professions, even on my alts, before I change focus to honor ranks.

2 Likes

catch up gear is fine

2 Likes

Nah it’s not. Makes no sense either.

3 Likes

The biggest key to me is that they wait at least 2 years, maybe 3, before releasing TBC servers, because that more than anything else will be our Classic progression time limit, just like it was last time around. Yes, Classic servers will be left intact this time, but the majority of people will leave for TBC, because it will be the new shiny.

2 Likes

As long as we dont have to wait 6-8 months. I REALLY dont want to have to Raid, because those 2-4 hour time investments are just not realistic for me anymore, but if we have to roll up in 5 man Blues, against people decked out in full MC gear…bleh.

We wont even have an option for WSG/AB/AV epics.

yeah it is, if you dont play in the first tier then you might as well not play the rest of the expansion with no catch ups. hardly anyone made it to the final tier with no catch up. thats not good its not even worth blizzards time to make a raid that no one sees

i have spoken

2 Likes

Your missing an important factor. The more people who have completed a piece of content the easier it is for new players to complete thus catch up. This happens because 1. It’s easier to find a group that will clear. 2. That group will need less gear so you will gear faster. 3. You will be more likely to get into that group the more content they have cleared because people take breaks/RL happens. The faster you release content the faster you get to this state and the more times a clearing raid brings a person who doesn’t normally clear the faster it happens and with 40 man raids there is plenty of opportunity for that. Also the more raids there are available the more this effect happens. Oh and more raids also means more doing 1-2 bosses you otherwise wouldn’t have the ability to get gear from.

The rate of content release is important.

2 Likes

That’s only true if those people are in the level of content. A group that’s dropped MC from its roster isn’t going to carry someone through MC again, because that person is too far back for them to boost up.

Except that what you described is the rate of healthy population. If people treat it like retail, all those groups will be non-existent because they’ll be on a break.

1 Like

You are trolling.

If there is no catch-up : there is always gonna be some players still doing the first tier so you’ll join them and advance with them to the next content etc…

With catch-up, everyone won’t bother with the 1st tier and just get the catch-up and skip it. It litteraly cut off a big part of the content by allowing you to skip it.

Since there is always an end of the content you’ll just take more time to reach it. That’s all.
If you don’t troll you are just not good enought to advance in the content or a fast-food player.

2 Likes

3-4 months per phase seems a bit long. I think they should look at it as a phase by phase basis.

Phase 1 should not last that long. Nor should phase 2. Phase three brings much of the large content like BWL and BGs. BGs are end game for many so it stinks if they had to wait a year to get them.

If we had the true Vanilla : patch per patch we would have to wait around the same time, no ?
If they realease phase 2-3 after 3 months, then there is no point in making a phase for this…

World PVP was a big factor in the early game, due to a lack of Battlegrounds. Skipping past that too fast removes an element of the experience of Vanilla.

2 Likes

For reference.

Thanks. Are you like a former MVP or living on this forum, lol ?

Having 2-3 months on first phases could be good then :slight_smile:
It will respect the Vanilla timeline, just a bit faster but we are not discovering the game anymore so it’s a good compromise.

WTB Classic, sell now kk?

Yes, I’d prefer the game to be released in it’s entirety but I’m not too upset from the time-gating. I like the idea of having a variety of guilds in different tiers of content. Some go faster, some go slower but there’s a spectrum. Giving guilds time to “catch up” is a Modern WoW philosophy.