Don't forget Allied Races in 9.1

Wow, I didn’t know you had this character but I automatically like it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

You misunderstood.
There’s a difference between including void elves in the AR topic since you know…they’re an allied race.
And transforming this thread into another elf thread.

I am too, it’s extremely disappointing. Especially considering how the nightborne were butchered.

Void elves are actually gorgeous, whereas nightborne are just…ugh.

1 Like

They’re intrinsically linked.

Void Elves for better or worse are going to have folk asking for High Elf options. There are people with valid issues with that. They are allowed to give their opinions on it.

We all just need to try to not get too heated in the process and maybe try to share with the other AR requests a bit. Though I’ve seen LOTS of Nightborne requests here. Even a few Mag’har and HMT.

Haven’t seen much LFD or DID… or KT… or MGs… or Vulpera and Ztrolls… :frowning:

(Oh Fezzy again by the by)

10 Likes

Because playable Nightborne are awful, especially compared to NPC Nightborne and Night Elves, add to it the attention Void Elves have already gotten in customization department vs Nightborne and well I can see why people take issue to what they are currently.

6 Likes

Of course, I’m not saying void elves/blood elves are unwelcome topics, but there’s a line between that and turning this into another thread where x elf fans throw tantrums over what y elf fans want and vice versa.

1 Like

Also in addtion to my post above about Nightborne in most of my other posts I do say that Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain Tauren need help because I feel they do, they have such few customization options and the customization options are so similar it’s like not having any differences at all really which is sad and unfair to people that like them, play them or want to play them, etc.

5 Likes

That’s it keep asking! I’m not going let Blizz forget. They can’t stop us from talking.

3 Likes

Yesss!!! Let your voices be heard

(Then again if you look at Blizzard’s absent response to “pull the ripcord” and the flying thread, I die a little inside haha)

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/lp6zd8/a_nightborne_main_hearing_about_ar_customization/

this is funny and sad at the same time, blizzard did us nightborne players dirty

10 Likes

My big fight is to see accessories not locked to one gender. Whether it be tattoos on NE men not making it to the female player options, or jewelry on NEs and BEs not making it to male characters.

And that in theory helps all races core and AR assuming they get additions.

Also yes I wanted to make a point to post on my VE that actually represents their main theme since someone brought up VE/HE “fans”, as I see VE fans much in the same boat as BE fans when it comes to being pushed in front of by the HE request despite people professing they support all options.

Then I forgot how much I liked his forum avatar, these are the purple eyes I think only Void Elves get and I like it with his blue skin tone and facial structure.

8 Likes

Wait what male NE have tattoos…?

4 Likes

Yeah it’s something female Night Elves didn’t get kind of like Blood Elf females with jewelry and male Blood Elves can’t use it. :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

I’m not quite sure why that’s one sided with stuff like that though to one gender I mean it doesn’t make sense because males wear jewelry and females get tattoos so.

6 Likes

Yes and the female models didn’t get them.

Just like BEs got jewelry but only female BEs can use it/NEs too.

5 Likes

Wow…small indie company I guess.

But for real though is it that much effort for Blizzard to slap on new hairstyles, tattoos, eye colors, jewelry, etc. ?

Because they sure make it seem like it is… :confused:
Now I’m mad that I don’t have tattoos lol

10 Likes

That’s the spirit.

7 Likes

To be completely honest my hopes were dashed by launch so I’m kinda just what ever about the recent revelations everyone’s upset about.

But the fact BEs have jewelry and NEs have jewelry and only one gender can use it.

And then NEs have tattoos and again only one gender can use it.

Like just opening up accessories that both player models should be able to use seems easy enough they already gave them.

I know those are only 2 races to give examples of but combined with core races across the board lacking but they said core races were first priority being brought up to par, stuff just wasn’t adding up awhile ago for me so I knew this customization thing was one long up hill battle.

6 Likes

I think one of the reasons nightborne is talked about more than any other is because it’s a counterfeit race.

You see a player Highmountain tauren, and it looks like a Highmountain tauren.

You see a player lightforged draenei, and it looks like a lightforged draenei.

You see a player nightborne? Well. No, you don’t. Wipe off your glasses, because what you actually see is some loathsome mimic calling itself a nightborne. In fact, the number one request for nightborne isn’t even a customization option. It’s just the demand for the same model as the NPC, which should’ve happened.

The only reason we didn’t get the NPC models is because they ran out of time and didn’t allocate enough resources to making the model playable, so they had to bastardize the night elf model. What’s left is a model that’s both less than night elves and less than nightborne.

This is why people are more outspoken about them.

15 Likes

Nah cause I will just play a Blood elf if cross-faction play is enabled as then I would still be able to raid with my guild and friends. I’m sorry I got so frustrated yesterday. I gave it a cry and was depressed for some time but I’m ok now.

8 Likes

I’m happy to hear you’re feeling better today.

11 Likes

Allied races are forgotten in shadowlands sadly : /
https://youtu.be/LEuBJKErUxo?t=31

1 Like