Don't bully the Council - allow them to do their things

~The council is the initiative to listen to the players.

Sure this :

IS strange, but how else did you want ? I certainly didn’t want the community to vote, we’d only have streamers and youtubers in the council and nothing would change.

7 Likes

Why do they need a council when they’ve had years of excellent feedback right out in the open?

31 Likes

Community representatives should be nominated by the community.

It would be better than Blizzard appointing Streamers and youtubers they find more favorable.

12 Likes

Excellent question and I don’t see the point of the cool kids club.

5 Likes

i agree but it allso goes both ways i see a lot of unnecessary disrespect from the cc already and we are just getting started

3 Likes

My best example of this is this.

GD feedback about Mage Tower, math included :

CC feedback about Mage Tower, “it’s fine, bravo Blizzard!” yes man edition :

That’s why they need the Community Council. Because otherwise, they’d have to admit their game is massively flawed.

20 Likes

As opposed to what right now? lol

The problem isn’t having streamers and youtubers. The problem is having yes men.

I am not a fan of Asmongold. But why didn’t Blizzard bring him in?

The factually most famous streamer of WoW. The guy that has carried the game an quite frankly made streaming wow a thing again. Love or hate him, he has been one of the MOST if not the most outspoken people for the casual players and the realities of what makes the game fun. The dude bleeds Warcraft. And they straight up /ignored him. If that doesn’t tell you something about what exactly this council’s purpose is, then I don’t know what to tell you.

This. This. This.

That pent up anger you see from people right now? You know what it is?

It’s the THOUSANDS of threads and hours wasted on EVERY SINGLE Beta forum, providing college degree feedback, that literally went out the window and was ignored because “you think you do, but you don’t”, only to see for 3 expansions in a row, blizzard back track a patch later and do EXACTLY what the Beta feedback said they needed to do.

25 Likes

I can say the council is a stupid PR stunt by a company failing at PR again and again while spawning new scandals basically weekly and actively pity the players they roped into being their human shields without attacking any of those players specifically.

11 Likes

And there lies the problem. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Follow the money

2 Likes

He has had a direct line to Blizzard for years. The point of the Council as far as I can tell is to bring in people who are NOT famous streamers or theorycrafters who have had secret (and not so secret) lines to Blizz in the past.

I can’t say some known streamers or youtube folks won’t make it in. We have 60 more people to add. I just don’t see the point in adding someone who has had exclusive access for years. They know what he has to say and still do.

7 Likes

That’s the thing, Asmon has been on the money with his BfA/SL feedback. Everything he said pretty much came true. He called out Azerite gear, he called out Corruption, he called out Essences, he called out the whole of SL systems. And at every turn, Blizzard had to backtrack and do what Asmon was pushing.

Is it because Asmon is a sage ? No, he listens to others and considers it and forms an opinion and sees the hyperbole vs the grounded arguments.

I often question how much Blizzard pays CMs and what do they do exactly. Like put Asmon on the payroll. Don’t like his more edgy attitude ? Fine, pick someone who’s more Disney friendly. But how is it that Blizzard doesn’t have daily stream or podcast at this point ? Literal nobodies in their basement can do a daily podcast. Devolore is really too busy writing the once per month “New patch content!” blog ?

Though I bet some of it has to do with what he put in his application. As funny as it was, it wasn’t quite the “take me!” application.

A direct line to their /dev/null you mean.

11 Likes

You’re kidding right?

Anyone with a twitter account can verify this as false. I saw every single one of the streamers that got their letter announce it on their Twitter.
Literally one of the questions in the application was to show what kind of impact you’ve had in the wow community. To show how “known” you are.

Please tell me how that matches this idea that they didn’t want to bring people that already have in one way or another some relationship with Blizzard?

10 Likes

Do they have 50k+ viewers daily when they stream like asmongold or any other big streamer?

1 Like

Really ? Can you show actual proof of this or is this just a subjective opinion that you believe to be an objective fact ?

1 Like

I seriously doubt Asmon would work for Blizzard. Wouldn’t that be a pay cut?

Plus, doesn’t he play FF now?

4 Likes

Those are your assumptions, but agreeing with blizzard and proposing changes in ways that blizzard has worked in the past isn’t being a “yes man”. It’s good to challenge the ideas and directions blizzard is going but sometimes it just means simple tweaks to their time-gating approach.

I personally feel represented by the council on the alt and pvp aspect so far. We have yet to see the full scope of this initiative, good things could come out of it.

But lets not pretend they’ll change who Blizzard is and how they make games (timegating systems), I think the idea is to make those more accessible and appealing to everyone.

2 Likes

Probably. The point is : Blizzard could have one of its many on payroll Community Manager replicate this. Lore used to do the like thrice yearly podcasts. But seriously, so many CMs so little Community Management is puzzling.

What is that money buying Blizzard exactly ?

Actually, yes that’s exactly what “yes men” are.

3 Likes

Which famous big name streamers are on the Council? I know there are a few small streamers which caused GD to be upset they might use the CC to promote and grow their streams.

I don’t think anyone on the council is well known which is causing people to complain about that too. As in why didn’t they pick people who are famous?

GD will be upset no matter what.

And yet you did not have to be known to get in. I have zero social media, website, stream, etc. Who do you think is a well known name on the council?

6 Likes

I think asmon rather stay jobless and play games all day :slight_smile: (i would too)