Don’t Buy the Brutosaur

If you’re alliance, the brutosaur AH is extremely helpful when horde are killing the auctioneers over and over again.

1 Like

Which rarely happens

That’s true. You can usually just hearth.

However it takes a lot longer than a minute to return to where you were questing.

1 Like

I’m saving up for 2 of them on this toon, so if one dies I have a back up.

1 Like

Done! <goes ahead and drops $1,000 to buy Brutosaur>

1 Like

There’s Auctioneers in Exodor, which no Horde has ever been to. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Agreed 100%! Ones hard earned cash is far better spent on real dinosaurs!

rides off on a Stegosaurus

2 Likes

I worked for my money and I’ll do whatever I want with it.
But why is the token price so important right now? If you pay your wow time with tokens it’s better to have it at low prices, and if you pay with money, you won’t care at all.

I will honestly admit the thought briefly crossed my mind. Sadly reality kicked me in the nose.

Dummies will waste their money on it, their business honestly. Who cares.

It’s an issue for players wanting to buy the Brutosaur with cash.

When Blizzard first posted that the Brutosaur was soon being removed from the vendor, you could buy it, converting tokens to gold, for between 500 and 600 USD.

If you were to buy the Brutosaur using tokens right now, because you are now getting far less gold per token, it would cost US$940.

It doesn’t bother me, as I would never pour extra cash into a game for tokens, but it’s sure bothering some who are seeing the cash cost climbing at a time when, because the expansion is nearing its end, it’s becoming harder and harder to make gold ingame.

Too late :stuck_out_tongue:

Matter of opinion

And I may buy tokens for those too, what’s the difference?

I have had my Broutosaur for just about all of BFA and other than messing around I can’t say I use it that much. I still catch myself going back to town to hit the AH. I am not saying it is not a cool mount. Just not so sure I would pay 5m for it again. I damn sure would not buy WoW tokens to get it.

1 Like

Fair enough. Hope you enjoy it.

Agreed. If we support Blizzard’s WoW token cash grab they’ll just keep doing it again and again.

Its value really varies from person to person. As a completionist collector I check the AH everyday on my characters of x armor type/y weapon skill for BoE’s I haven’t learned the appearance of. I play on 17 realms so on say Area52 I’ll get on this guy and check for plate gear and weapons, then get on my mage and check for cloth and wands then get on my druid and check for leather gear then get on my hunter and check for mail gear. Then I have to get on my profession mains and check for world drop recipes I don’t know then go to the next realm and check for xmog again (repeat x16).
Now with the Brutosaur I don’t have to run to the city from wherever I am to check, I can do it from anywhere. That is incredible time savings for me but that’s just me and for some the Bruto would be bought and forgotten about.

More mounts for Kaurmine :smiley: I’d like a mailbox mount, bank mount, and portal mount too Blizz, make it happen!

And please Blizzard put them all on the one raid-carrying flying city, in which we can each choose a home.

1 Like

If WoW brings joy to your life and you’re financially stable then buy a token.

I dunno what flavor haterade OP was drinking today.

1 Like

No, they don’t.

Their hands are completely clean of this entire system. It’s not Blizzard’s fault that the players decided “Oh hey, I can use my stimulus money, which should be used for necessities and stuff like that, on WoW tokens so I can get a sweet digital dinosaur.” and as a result caused the token price to nose dive.

Especially since Blizzard implemented the Brutosaur years ago now.

Maybe if they added the Brutosaur to the game as a new mount when the stimulus checks hit. Then you could make a case for that.

Time to commandeer Dalaran for our personal use.