Don’t Buy the Brutosaur

It’s an awesome mount, go ahead and get it if you want it and you have the gold. But please don’t buy tokens for it. I like WoW, even BFA, and I want this game to be supported but spending hundreds of dollars on tokens to buy a mount for this game is not worth it. There will be other cool mounts and there will be other ways to mimic the auction house. Just let this one go.

(Disclaimer: I’m some rando in the internet, feel free to ignore me.)

59 Likes

So just… spend your money wisely? And not on digital dinosaurs?

54 Likes

I support people buying the mount, I like the token price going down down down!

11 Likes

yeah…and now with the token price DOWN it costs even MORE money to buy it.
Kinda funny how that timing worked out with those federal checks coming in

8 Likes

Welcome to supply and demand. This is how the tokens have worked since they were implemented. This isn’t something new. lol

6 Likes

As a SAID…funny how the TIMING worked out…

10 Likes

It’s not a conspiracy if that’s what you’re trying to cry about. Players caused the value of the token to go down, and since there aren’t any reasons to buy the tokens with gold right now the price isn’t going to go up.

4 Likes

I already spent my stimulus on it.

Kidding, of course.

… Or am I? :smirk:

6 Likes

Not really. More people are at home with nothing better to do than play video games. How is that funny? lol

More people playing WoW means more people buying dumb stuff like tokens, so it drives the value down.

Again, welcome to supply and demand. That’s how it works. Here’s an educational video that will explain it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wp-diDRVKI

2 Likes

Who in the hell would be dumb enough to spends 800+ real dollars on wow tokens to buy it?

I mean, people paying real money for store mounts that should be available for free (behind a drop, of course) to all players who already pay a monthly sub for the game, is bad enough.

8 Likes

Meh, let people spend their money how they’d like.

For some, hundreds of dollars on a digital dinosaur is as expensive to them as a candy bar at 7-eleven is to most of us. Who are we to judge how they spend their money if they’re stacked? We got threads of people spending their stimulus checks on WoW stuff while people truly need that money to feed their families. Not judging those people either but, the importance of money is so subjective to many different people, can’t really judge how one spends it these days imo.

9 Likes

Sounds like an excellent plan to me.

1 Like

Blizz didn’t become a billion dollar company by not being tricky.

I REALLY dont CARE about your opinion.
It is VERY funny how the timing worked out.

3 Likes

:+1:
Im sure its all calculated enough. I dont mind. Im just not NAIVE like some to think this was all just a big coincedence.

3 Likes

Don’t Buy the Brutosaur

Don’t worry, it was dead to me the moment Blizz announced we had a time limit for it.

4 Likes

It’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. Just because you don’t know how supply and demand works doesn’t mean there is something shady going on. You’re witnessing actual supply and demand, this is how it works. It’s not some conspiracy. This is literally how tokens have worked since they were implemented.

No it is not. More people are at home playing games, so there are more people going to be spending money on stuff like tokens. How is this a complex concept?

3 Likes

Some already have posted in here that they did just that.
Ive spent a ton of money on this game, so Im in no position to argue with them or criticize…but Im also not naive enough to think that the token price dropping this far around during this period of time just ‘happened’.

2 Likes

Somehow I doubt that too many millionaires play WoW. I know people on forums claim to be the CEOs and own Walmart, but maybe it is my cynicism, but I highly doubt it.

And if people earned that money and want to spend it on a mount, more power to them. I just think it is dumb.

The good thing is when I do something that someone calls dumb, I could not care less. I suspect that the people that pay 800 real dollars are similar; they don’t give a damn what I think. Good for them.

Yep, Blizzard engineered the Coronavirus so the US government would give everyone free money and WoW players would use that money to buy tokens.

:roll_eyes:

7 Likes