Don’t Buy the Brutosaur

pretty sure those buying gold for the brutosaur are mostly buying it from 3rd party sites utilizing multibotters

“Supply and demand” is not the only factor. It is no doubt a complex equation that determines the current price. If you track prices you could see there are other factors involved.

its entirely random, dont YOU know… :wink:

1 Like

Anybody who’s been watching it knew this would happen. There were 10+ posts the day the bill was passed about people using their money to get it. Heck I even had 2 guildies talk about doing it. Watch what happens if a second set goes out. But this is all good for the wow economy, more gold being redistributed, then lost to the vendor, means everybody elses gold will be more valuable.

1 Like

just stop. you dont know what youre talking about.
Bliz DOES control the price…that you think they dont SET the price based on what they feel it needs to be is simply absurd.

2 Likes

No, they don’t control the price.

When they implemented the token they set a starting price, but from that point on it was controlled entirely by supply and demand with no outside inference from Blizzard.

2 Likes

I was watching, yeah. And honestly it took me a little by surprise that we’d make it that obvious. Im still hoping it was all a coincedence, to be honest…but if youve ever played ESO, you know how money grubbing they are over there, so nothing would surprise me

you are NAIVE if you think they dont SET the price guy…
I wont be responding to your posts again…or reading them. I dont intend on wasting my day on naivety

1 Like

If I spend 2 hours farming every day for the next 3 and a half months, I can buy it. Question is, will pre patch hit by then. I hope not.

1 Like

All the mounts are so expensive now :slightly_frowning_face:

111k to sell a token as of right now. Not worth the real money. Can farm that gold easier and spend the real life money on some real things I could use and feel and look at.

2 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I’m tempted to buy it but I don’t sink enough into the AH to make it worth it.

Plus a giant dino that takes up a street where I prefer sleek mounts isn’t exactly appealing.

1 Like

There is literally a long history of the price of the WoW token dropping to very low numbers as folks bought a ton of them to get gold. The price goes down as more tokens go on the market, and it goes up as those tokens get bought, assuming more aren’t added to the stockpile.

But let’s assume your lunacy is true and that there is a ‘secret scheme’ to control the price of the WoW token and that Blizzard can manipulate the gold price at will.

Would it not serve Blizzard’s interests, if they were doing what you claim they are, to make sure the gold price for tokens remains high? After all if the price for tokens always remains high, then more players will buy tokens and that means more money for their scrooge mcduck money pit. Having low gold values for tokens doesn’t benefit Blizzard at all. If the value of the token is low and players don’t think it’s worth $20, then no one will buy said tokens and that means Blizzard loses out on cash.

The fact that the price of the token can fluctuate as much as it does clearly shows that Blizzard is not manipulating the price. Which means you wasted a lot of time making that tinfoil hat you’ve got jammed on your head.

2 Likes

While I say anyone can spend their money how they want as long as they don’t hurt anyone else, I for sure would not pay that much for a digital mount.

I feel like that’s a big waste of money just for an auction house. There are many other things I’d do with the money that’d be better than this.

Buying it with gold earned from farming seems better, though. (But not something I’d do either. The mount is far, but faaaar from being worth it’s prize only to have it shown on cities, because I’ve never seen anyone riding it on the open world or anything, just on cities, and near the auction house!)

1 Like

25$ a token here in Canada. Mounts are 32$. X-fer a toon is 32$

Unreal prices.

Blizzard indirectly manipulate the WoW token prices by directly manipulating the players wants.

1 Like

There was a boss in FF8 that was actually a giant parasite in a human’s body. During the conversation with him right before the fight, you could tell the parasite was struggling to get out of the human skin. When the text for the boss came up, it would look something like “Now yyoouUUU PPREEEpare to DIE.” It always reminded me of someone really working one out. You type like that. It’s funny to read.

Hit 3.7M today. I was lazy this week and only made around 500k. ._.

Now I’m properly going to do the professions grind and get this mount.

Tbh, I’m surprised how low the token is given how easy making gold is, even now at the end of an expansion, with just standard professions.

but digital services are cheaper when u apply it to bnet balance