Does this count as circumventing an ignore?

Every time I transfer I make a char with the same name on the destination server so it give me a free name change. I have probably spent over 2 million gold transferring chars around, some of my guys are multiple name change deep. I’m on a lot of ignore lists. I babble in trade chat, I’ve been chat muted by report. Not really thinking about the ignore lists when I transfer and name change, it is done for other specific reasons. It’s Blizz problem for making ignore lists character level.

How? Are you guys being serious. I am so skeptical about this because I’ve seen people literally go out of their way to be toxic to others for no reason. (Esp. in pvp) But because they can be. So what do you do if someone keeps trying to talk **** to you for no reason? Drops your keys or goes AFK for no reason mid-dungeon. Or just goes around causing a ruckus in trade/guild chat on a regular basis about something gross.

Trash talk in pvp is kind of expected. I’m more worried if it’s too quiet lol.

As for trade talk, I honestly just don’t care what people are saying because I don’t have thin skin. You have to be looking to be perpetually offended to care what some randos are saying in trade chat.

2 Likes

Many adults have learned to deal with people they don’t care for. In the real world you don’t have an ignore list so you learn to ignore people and pay them no attention. This is a maturity thing and something most of us learn in the real world. It says something about a person when they can’t mentally deal with people they don’t like or agree with.

2 Likes

Put them back on ignore. Put on your big girl underwear and move on.

:judge:

Bring in the dancing lobsters
:lobster: :lobster:

1 Like

Not only that but they are hoping to get clarification on getting the other guy banned or actioned in game.

It just seems notable that your discord might be watching the forums for OP in particular and anything they’re posting here.
If it’s true you already know they don’t want to speak with you this just feels off.

That’s true guys, I agree.

I’m just over here thinking, “and how do you know this?”

1 Like

I appreciate the advice. In light of things here, that’s what I am going to do.

Assuming they did this to circumvent ignore and continue to contact you, technically, yes. That said, we would need to verify that was the purpose of the transfer, which I feel would be fairly difficult to do.

I would agree with Mirasol and recommend placing the person back on ignore. There isn’t anything against policy in transferring characters, but repeat occurrences could help establish an intent.

No, but given the fact that they didn’t name you, I fail to see how jumping into the discussion is at all productive.

Unlikely. Any Game Master who received the report would look into their concerns to verify any possible harassment.

It seems that would be in the best interest for all parties.

13 Likes

It’s all so fascinating! It’s almost entirely politics and old grudges with a few 20+ min queue BGs sprinkled in for good measure.