Does the $6.99 GamePass mean P2W is coming?

Dreamcast had Windows CE compatibility, that was all. Microsoft didn’t buy out Sega Dreamcast, which was a console, they would have had to buy out Sega… which didn’t happen. FYI only about 50 games were ever even made with Windows CE. It was pretty much abandoned.

Sega was bought in 2004 by Sammy Corp, which was already Sega’s largest shareholder. The Dreamcast was a 1998 console that was dead by 2001 largely because it couldn’t compete with Sony’s Playstation 1 domination of the playerbase, and the Playstation 2’s features.

Currently SegaSammy is partnered with Microsoft through business relationships, but it is very much an independent entity.

1 Like

ESO does have a free to play option. And still has its same launcher and same store right now.

I’m not following.

Second line was referring to the thing you mentioned in your commentary to the first line :smiley:
ESO does have a free to play option but with some things missing.
WoW does not currently have that…so either they would have to create WoW plus with more stuff for your sub…or WoW Free with less stuff than you currently get.

OH! I see what you’re saying.

I could see something where they limit free to play to not being able to create their own guild, run raids, or get more bag slots. Kind of like Old Republic. A weekly instance cap, that sort of thing.

I still think every game needs ESOs account wide tradeskill bag though.(Subscription bonus)

I still think every MMO needs Old Republic’s legacy storage. :slightly_smiling_face:

Microsoft is paying cash, there is no debt. Their CoH (Cash on Hand) at the end of 2021 was $130.334Billion

Source: https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/MSFT/microsoft/cash-on-hand

3 Likes

I kinda lost track of SWTOR after they went …oh the emperor has gone off and created yet another empire off over here with a family.

As long as they stop removing “fun” from the game everytime they detect it.

I don’t think that he understands that Microsoft has the operating capital to pay that many times over and still not feel it.

2 Likes

Ogod those expansions were bad. LOL But I still love the game. The new expansion launches in a few weeks. I’m scared of the changes. I hope it doesn’t ruin what I loved. It’s already ruining my gearing system. :sob:

They really should have picked a better month to launch that >.>

Yes.
I cringe at the thought of microtransactions and “premium” accounts, but I would gladly pay a bit extra for infinite bag space, even if it was just for materials.

1 Like

Well… it was supposed to release the day of the 10 year anniversary. I guess they figured couples could play together now? :rofl:

Old Republic did similar with their new crafting materials system that’s also infinite and server wide. I love it!

So many massive games launching things in feb, my worry is SWTOR will just get swept under the rug.

They were already delaying, so they could have just gone another month or more out lol… March is basically free reign.

• Life is Strange Remastered Collection (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, Stadia) - February 1
  • Dying Light 2 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 4
  • Sifu (PC, PS4, PS5) - February 8
  • OlliOlli World (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch) - February 8
  • Diplomacy is Not an Option - Steam Early Access (PC) - February 9
  • A Memoir Blue (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch) - February 10
  • CrossfireX (Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 10
  • Edge of Eternity (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 10
  • Lost Ark (PC) - February 11
  • Infernax (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch) - February 14
  • Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch) - February 15
  • The King of Fighters 15 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S) - February 17
  • Total War: Warhammer 3 (PC) - February 17
  • Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection (Switch) - February 17
  • Horizon: Forbidden West (PS4, PS5) - February 18
  • Destiny 2: The Witch Queen (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 22
  • Martha is Dead (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S) - February 24
  • Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream (PC, PS4, Switch) - February 25
  • Grid Legends (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 25
  • Elden Ring (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 25
  • Steam Deck launch - February
  • Evil Dead: The Game (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch) - February
  • Leap - Steam Early Access (PC) - February

Pretty much. OP has made his ignorance quite clear. In the Age of Information, ignorance is a choice, and he chooses to plague us all with it.

3 Likes

no, Mop, Legion and Shadowlands were all under ATVI - big difference because guess what the leads were different.

3 Likes

People don’t understand that Activision Blizzard might have pressured the wow team to make money, but they didn’t tell them to add all the crap that people hate to the game, that was on the devs and leads.

2 Likes

WoW continues to be a money maker for Blizzard. Maybe not like in the past, but still. About the only change I expect to see is to have more resources thrown at the game, if only related to customer service, and an Xbox/controller support.

Frankly though, I think you’re way more likely to see D4 come out sooner, and definitely be available for Xbox.

WoW is low priority at the moment.