Does Blizzard need to nerf LFR Sylvanas?

So I tried LFR again because why not, I want the bow and quiver and LFR at least gives the quiver. 6 wipes before I left. And yes I know, “But I always beat her first try”. I had that guy in our group, show up at 2 stacks, yell and scream when we wiped and before they left they said “I have never been here at 3 stacks before”.

I wonder why some of you have never been past 2 stacks or why you kill Sylvanas on no stacks, some of you leave the minute the group wipes once.

Not including the time we spent waiting in between wipes for more players, or explaining the fight to people at the start and in between each wipe when someone leaves, or re-explaining the fight each time a tank leaves because each new one says “I have never tanked before” or “I don’t know this fight”, I spent this time 48 minutes just fighting Sylvanas.

This was the last pull: ~https://imgur.com/wHaSd9M

Mind you this was five stacks of determination and players are still pulling sub 2K DPS. Amazingly we only had one DPS die up until the 12m and 3s mark. But than by the third platform there was like 4 people left alive because no one knows what to do, no one gets sufficient time to practice.

Is P1 and P2 just too long in general for LFR? Is it too long that they don’t get enough time to practice P3? Could Blizzard do more by only letting players in who have some experience?

I fully never expect players to be doing top DPS in LFR, but at the same time I don’t want multiple AFK at the start of every pull or needing to carry others who are ‘AFK’, but making sure they stay alive for ‘free and easy’ loot as some of them put it, 1.5 - 2 hours is not free, or easy.

4 Likes

LFR difficulty isn’t the issue. Player attitudes and expectation is.

I usually get lfr groups where most players don’t know the mechanics. However if someone takes the time to explain the mechanics I can visibly see most players trying to execute. Eventually we get the boss and a group of players walk away knowing the fight.

I also sometimes get groups that are full of chuckle heads that don’t try, don’t care, and are just there for the carry. Once I determine I’m in this kind of group, I simply leave.

Sylvannas had quite a few mandatory mechanics compared to most LFR bosses, I view this as a good thing. Once in a while someone likes LFR enough they actually do move on to normal.

LFR should be hard enough that the chuckle heads get frustrated enough to stop doing it.

19 Likes

Run LFR on Tuesdays. Dont wait.

21 Likes

doesn’t drop in LFR
and no it doesn’t need to be nerfed

11 Likes

Stop trying on the weekend. Go on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. LFR has never gone well the end of the week on weekends in its entire history.

And no, it doesn’t need nerfed. LFR should not be an AFK fest and people need to stop trying to make raiding into such a thing. Train people to learn fights and work together.

Helps to read:

4 Likes

I don’t know how the fight is for tanks and healers, I imagine it’s difficult for healers most of all due to the multiple overlapping waves of aoe.

But as a dps I don’t personally find LFR Sylvannas very difficult once you know what to expect.

I’ve only been once, a fe weeks ago. I died on pull 1 and 2, but we did it with only 1 failbuff;

Most people I’ve seen die from falling in phase two, there’s no fix for people who are that incompetent. Once I got all pieces for the LFR armor set I stopped running LFR. It’s not worth it.

1 Like

I honestly admire anyone’s commitment to even running LFR this expansion. The cosmetic collectibles are incredibly few and the best ilvl in there can easily be acquired with a few small play sessions in the patch’s world content.

I can’t see the value in the effort, myself.

2 Likes

I usually carry super hard on my tank.

But if the dps ain’t there oh well, stacks happen.

lmao.

1 Like

I was waiting for someone to read 4 words and mis quote my post.

4 Likes

Honestly just turn LFR into a Cinema mode and have bots fight the boss while you can spectate and swap per character. It seems half the raid wants to afk every time I’m in there anyways :man_shrugging:

1 Like

No just do it.

Maybe widen the walk ways. That seems to be where a lot of people get lost.

The damage is laughable, it’s how players have zero idea about anything and I don’t know, maybe they are staring at their action bars too hard, but I took a face full of the haunting wave and it barely did any damage and no, no one was healing me, I was out of range of the healers after the first bridge.

On any other boss fight you can basically AFK as long as there are some DPS, at least one tank and enough heals alive the fight will eventually end with a victory. The enrage timer (if there even is one on LFR) has never happened to me. It’s usually just a matter of time, just the more people that die the longer a fight takes.

But these types of fights, N’Zoth, Jaina, Sylvanas, anything that has real mechanics that must be followed and some sort of DPS check, they almost always seem to fall over in LFR. I think Blizzard might very well know the fail rate of these types of LFR fights, if not they should check those stats, so why than do they leave these types of mechanics in a game mode that brings out the worst people who have no intention of ever communicating or working together?

They’ve provided all the tools groups need. Not their fault people won’t use them.

2 Likes

Monday night is ALWAYS the best night for LFR!! Everyone is on their 15th alt and ticked off about the whole week! Sharm even did a song about it! :smile:

1 Like

Did they really?

Anyway, raiding on a Tuesday or Wednesday is not the answer either, some of us either cannot raid on those days because we are responsible adults or have to raid with real players who don’t eat clag paste.

no wipes failure are part of any endgame. even in lfr it shouldnt be like killing trash in the world.

The problem isn’t the fight, it is with people who can’t do a couple of simple mechanics. Just find a PUG normal, it will be easier because at least the people there will either do mechanics or be bounced.

1 Like