Does 5 DPS really Matter?

I estimate about a 0% chance of being balanced, and I estimate a 70% chance that they will be wildly unbalanced.

• T
1 Like

Guess what? That’s what the meta of WoW has always been. You can’t get rid of it, there is always going to be the best way to play a class and there are always going to be people who strive towards that. Covenant abilites don’t fix that, they just make it ten times worse.

Blizzard keeps trying to make a game for the community they wish they had instead of the one they actually have. As long as that keeps happening, they are going to keep suffering backlash for their misguided attempts at fixing problems that don’t exist.

3 Likes

It was nice if you got the good legendaries.

If you got your four worst legendaries first and then had to swap specs to something else it sucked.

Guess where I was.

And guess who had to gear an alt for raid after I finally got them all by Antorus.

No offense, but mid-late Beta?
Beta has been going on for what? A few weeks at most now.

We are still very early beta.

That’s a broad sweeping statement.

And false.

Many of my friends are casuals who just like to PvP and maybe a bit of M+.

Whenever they are thinking about installing retail, you know what they ask?

“Is hunter good?”

“Is RMD strong?”

“What goes well with DH?”

Being casual doesn’t mean you want to be playing some underpowered class. There are always those that go against the grain, you can find survival hunters and ferals with mythic nzoth kills, but the fact is most people want to play whatever is good.

This idea that “any content CAN be cleared with X class therefore its good enough” needs to go in the toilet.

People will always gravitate towards what is strong, regardless of the content they are doing. And it has nothing to do with the community. Playing OP stuff and being desirable in groups is FUN.

4 Likes

This is why you quit, not because of the system though. Correct?

If only you focused on perfecting your playing instead of forum lobbying blizzard.

1 Like

he doesn’t understand that difficulty is relative, which is very worrying for an “MVP”

1 Like

I found the Runeblade of the Primus.
I opened the seat of the Primus.
I helped Draka and Vashj and Mograine set up their rebellion.
The Venthyr send me to Maldraxxus at least twice a week to help them.

WHY CAN’T I FINISH THE STORY.

How is that “RPG” that I am not allowed to finish the story?

2 Likes

But it is very RPG, you know choice , consequences , variety , diversity, covenants in its current form are all these things. You just dont like it and again nothing wrong with that.

How?

You guys keep throwing this out there and none of you can justify it.

It’s not RPG. Knock it off.

1 Like

I never said I was one of those people. Yet you are here, on the forums, instead of having fun in the game, making claims about things you haven’t even researched.

There’s just not enough of them to make a difference, they can squawk and screech all they want.

1 Like

If I had any semblance of control over the legendaries I could get I would’ve loved Legion.

Because I was at the mercy of RNG from the start of the expansion to the very end and RNG burned me on three different characters I hated it.

ill post in since you didnt see it attached to the How

OK, so you have no idea what an RPG is. Glad we established that.

1 Like

I’m asking because I’m going at a different approach now.

I think (could be way off here) that a lot of people who are genuinely pro the current version of covs who aren’t deliberately trolling or just take pleasure in seeing people unhappy (Ralph cough cough) think the people who are against it are asking for something different than what they really are.

I speak for myself here and a few others have actually confirmed it, “we” don’t want to be switching between covenants willy nilly. We want to be able to switch between the player power options, or have that choice removed from the covenant choice. I am completely in favor having you decide to go Night Fae, and it being a permanent decision, I just don’t want the player power tied to that choice.

I saw a newish suggestion for how to fix this.

So people in beta have brought up that no matter which cov you end up with, as your leveling you’re helping each cov, and really helping (in some cases, saving the “lives” of) the people you soulbind with. That’s before you end up making your cov decision.

So the idea is, you still pick your covenant at max level. However, the soulbinds are no longer cov locked, and they give you access to the powers of their respective covenant.

So for example, you choose night fae, you get their mogs mount story etc, and as of now their powers. However, you like the Venthyr powers better. Well it turns out, you happened to save one of the Venthyrs soulninds life just a little bit ago, and the covs are all working together anyway so you choose her as your soulbind.

You now have access to her soulbind tree, the venthyr teleport, and the Venthyr class ability. You however (for balance reasons) lose access to the Night Fae powers (cov ability, cov class ability), until you switch to a Night Fae soulbind.

This would effectively make choosing your covenant entirely for RP story character appearance reasons, while allowing you to have access to the abilities you want.

If you think about it, this is more RPG than what we have. It’s kind of like Mass Effect and Dragon age where we get to choose our companions.

They can make it so you have to level up your soulbinds from different covs or whatever, make it long to swap, i don’t care to much about that, i just want to be able to make the choice of which cov I want to be apart of without it being a negative choice.

How would you feel about something like that? I honestly see it as a perfect solution, because everyone wins (except for the trolls and people who like to see others unhappy that I mentioned earlier) unless I’m missing something, which I would be happy to hear.

2 Likes

Ok friend im done ive said my piece , its cool you dont like the system, not many do.

So a casual player has so many faults already, that adding another wont matter? Have you ever thought that maybe the reason casual players don’t do difficult content is because they struggle with being good enough at the game? Not being able to easily change covenants is only going to add another hurdle to overcome, as will the week long gating on changing soul binds. Now you’ll have casual players choosing a sub optimal covenant they cant change, along with having sub optimal soul binds in all but one type of activity per week. This crap is the most damaging to the casual community, the pro’s can overcome it.

3 Likes