Does 5 DPS really Matter?

Tell us about your RPG experience.

I started playing AD&D in 1978 and have played over 20 different RPG’s over the years. Talking real RPG’s, here, not video games.

What about you?

You were able to buy the ones you wanted at a certain point. I actually thought they brought that in around the last raid.

I think you’re falling behind Dorothy on the yellow brick road. One day you’ll get your brain, i believe!

How many times did you have to get burned before you learned not to hold your hand in a fire?

2 Likes

Too little. Too late.

Should’ve been available from the literal beginning of the expansion. Many Beta testers requested it. I was one of the Beta players that requested it. But all-knowing Blizzard didn’t implement it until it was too late for many players.

2 Likes

Imagine thinking this isn’t about just DPS and not utility.

1 Like

I am glad they didn’t personally. I would rather an RNG than a grind system and they would have made people grind a lot for those.

My favorite was when Blizzard put a rotational fix for BM hunters that people had requested since Alpha onto a Legendary maybe 4 months after launch.

Like hey guys, we fixed it! You just have to get incredibly lucky and your spec will have the smooth rotation you’ve been asking for for months!

Took a nice long break from WoW after that one.

4 Likes

If there was even an ounce of consistency, the covenants should be begging us for our help instead of making us pinky swear to be their bestest friends at the expense of the others.

2 Likes

And then it took another patch cycle to finally make it baseline.

2 Likes

Stares at Vulpera.
Stares at worst DPS from Racials in the game for Warlocks.

Yeah, I can survive with having a suboptimal playstyle/covenant/soulbind/conduit.

2 Likes

Yep. I was just blown away that they could even begin to consider that what they were doing was a fix.

My faith in furries is restored.

I’m pretty sure racials have tiny impacts on DPS, whereas covenants will have a much greater impact.

It also doesn’t matter for anything below Mythic.

1 Like

If you think the difference from these will be as small as the difference between Vulpera and Troll then boy do I have some bad news for you.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s less than 2% for racials. But comes down to the content. Casual players probably won’t be able to notice a 5% difference, considering they likely won’t be parsing in the top 95th percentile to begin with.

If they are pushing for very early Mythic progression they’d probably feel it, but the majority in LFR/Normal/Heroic and latecomers to Mythic probably won’t.

Running joke in my guild was when the demo lock did well, we congratulated him on the 5% buff they received late in the tier.

That’s the problem, though;

These aren’t even balanced within 5% of one-another. It’s closer to 30%.

3 Likes

Correct, but casuals aren’t the ones worried about the system nor asking for the change.

Mythic guilds will definitely feel it, even those that aren’t bleeding edge.

The differences are vast though. It’s not as little as 2-5%.

For now, just wait until one gets hit with the old 97% nerf.

If the difference in similar situations is a total increase of nearly 30% from one to the other, sounds like there’s still a bit of balancing to do.

For small things where the difference is sub-5%, then it is almost negligible to a vast majority.

Hard to tell if they’d be keen on balancing things though, because we’ve seen how certain Azerite traits managed to ascend far beyond the others without any real care.