Does 5 DPS really Matter?

You’re torturing yourself with your own min/maxing, someone pointed that out to you earlier and you would not accept that answer. It’s true though, you’re playing for others instead of for your own enjoyment. It’s your character, play what you like best.

I only chimed in because I saw somebody express a sentiment that I shared. Do you want me to reaffirm my stance? Believing that your priorities are more imperative than another player’s is wrong. I don’t care what side of the debate you are on. The example you quoted was wrong, and you are wrong. Deflecting doesn’t change the fact that anybody who believes that their desires for a video are more important than another’s is foolish and selfish. This whole crusade against people who enjoy different things is pathetic.

Right, yet you always only “chime in” when it’s somebody talking about wanting unlocked covenants. You let a lot of things on the other side slide.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’ve noticed you do this 4 to 5 times now and it’s always been the same. It’s just a little ironic when you call others out for being on a crusade.

No, that is where you are wrong. The min/maxing is one of my favorite parts of this game.

My enjoyment is mythic raiding and pushing for CE. I enjoy the story and the cosmetics sure, but nowhere near as much as I enjoy downing progression bosses. So yeah, in this sense I am playing what is best for my team, but it’s because that is the part of the game I enjoy the most.

It’s very possible that the people who are expressing the same belief as me, that promoting your enjoyment while ridiculing another’s, have happened to be in favor of covenant restrictions. I’m not going to do demographic research because it’s a non-issue.

You should also note that at no point did I express any support for one side or another. I’m just pointing out hypocrisy as I see it. If you want to link me examples of people being hypocritical or telling others that their opinion is worthless and that there is one true way to enjoy the game, then I will pat you on the back and tell you I agree regardless of what stance they are taking.

The fact that you are still trying to turn this into and us vs them is in and of itself problematic. You are so eager to deflect and so reluctant to reflect.

You are indeed creating problems for yourselves by putting too much focus on damage meters.

I don’t know why you have a problem with how I enjoy the game. I don’t care how you play the game.

He likes to tell people what their problem is, even if he doesn’t know

Okay, you just made that up, I never said I had a problem with how you play the game. I did say though that you are torturing yourself and that is true, have fun with that I guess.

You can paint quite a picture friend, you look for problems where none exist.

Really?

Sounds like you don’t like how mythic raiders enjoy the game. In fact you think it’s destroying the game.

You’re very hostile when challenged. it’s ironic because in all of these threads, I’m typically always posting things like (and these are quotes from this thread)

and I do this in response to people who are being overly hostile… so I don’t think it’s at all what you think about me needing to “reflect” and I also don’t think you are in a position to say you’re the one preaching to not ridicule peoples preferred method of gameplay when you only seem to jump in to tell people they aren’t posting to your standards.

I’m actually in these threads calling people on their b/s when they are, by your definition, “promoting their enjoyment while ridiculing another’s” which is how I noticed the inconsistency of when you decide to “chime in.” I’m not trying to turn this into an us vs them, I’m just challenging your position as if you are any better than the people you are ridiculing.

No, you really just struggle to relate to top end players.

You keep telling them what they think and you can’t even understand it when it’s pointed out to you.

He literally said he enjoys tuning his character for best performance. You came in here and told him he’s not playing for himself and actually torturing himself.

He specifically stated

But for some reason you either ignore it or think he’s lying.

There’s the fun option/story option which negatively effects his performance or the Min-Max option which enhances his enjoyment of the game.

He can’t have both, because he enjoys being the best he can be in content that is tuned around being the best you can be.

I said the playstyle you and others advocate is more convenient because it just is, that’s just a fact. That does not mean I have a problem with how YOU play the game, it means I have problem with the game itself. I also think the quick loadout Overwatch style is destroying the game, that’s just my personal opinion and you can agree or disagree with it.

I never at any time told anyone how to think, you just made that up. You are a very strange person.

You are literally incapable of continuing this conversation with the people here. I would suggest dropping it or starting your own thread.

Let the parsing begin, I know you’re going to do it.

You’re purposely derailing the thread, you made up complete nonsense twice now.

I’m not pro or against that idea. I just don’t care. I understand and respect a player who knows their limitations and looks for the “strong” option for covenants, but that’s not my thing.

I’ll stick to what I think it looks cool and I’ll try my best to make it work. No worries.

I don’t think asking to be able to play with all of the new abilities, or experience all of the story is wanting convenience. I also don’t believe this is a top end player only problem. Everyone has been asking for more character customization throughout all of BFA. Shadowlands is giving us a level of character customization we’ve never seen at the start of an expansion. Except you only get to experience 25% of it. That is my issue.

1 Like