Does 5 DPS really Matter?

A strawman? Did you just read the first part? I wanted to talk about covenants, I did not want to have the conversation strategically changed to something else.

I’ll rethink my position if no cutting edge guilds out there ever clear the raids because of the covenant system.

You know that’s not going to happen, because if the requirements are that strict the Limits and guilds formerly known as Method of this world will just make four of the same class and do it all that way.

The top-level guilds are the ones that can work around the absurd limitations Blizzard is trying to set.

If your friendships were so fragile that asking a low performing person to sit out of a fight would destroy it - were you ever really friends in the first place?

2 Likes

5% is a fairly significant number, particularly when that 5% can be the difference between a progression kill and a wipe, or timing a mythic plus.

To people who have that as their focus in this game it’s a fairly significant factor.

1 Like

You just wanted to talk about covenants? The stories?

Or this bit? Where you assume his position and attack it instead of what he’s actually posting?

2 Likes

Of course we will clear it because everyone in a CE guild will just pick the best covenant for raiding. It’s just not fun to only play with 25% of the new abilities and only experience half of the story because of “Blizzards vision.”

2 Likes

I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Are you going to start picking apart my posts next?

Why cant Covenants not have player power linked to them, hmm?

After having seen more testing of everything, the Covenants are actually very different with soulbinds and conduits. The abilities being locked was alright, the dps/hps gain was marignal, but the real kick comes with those soulbinds. If all covenants had similar soulbinds it would he alright, but I mean there’s one that’s basically just "when you heal, do 15% more healing to everyone else) obviously, a healer wants that but cannot get a similar effect in any other covenant. As it stands, not picking Night Fae or Kyrian as a healer could actually be a net 8-15% loss of healing, which is rather high.

I don’t normally dps, but I assume the balance is equally as bad there. Looking through, there aren’t really any good soulbind options for healers in all of the necrolord or venthyr covenant options - basically pushing the narrative that only Kyrian and Night Fae healers are allowed which really kills the vibe of an rpg too. It’s this kind of imbalance that upsets people, not really a 5dps/hps one, and needs some serious work before it goes live.

It could be up to 3/4 of another player under ideal conditions really

already people reporting that it’s accounting for 30% or more of their damage in some situations.

5 dps? o.O

but even ignoring that, some of them offer utility which will be central to how you play. these abilities are huge.

Right?

BFA wasn’t exactly fun because I knew that no matter how hard I performed the BM hunter or Fire Mages would outperform me simply because they were/are powerhouse classes.

I don’t want to see that again in shadowlands I want more parity, less borrowed power and far more freedom of choice.

2 Likes

If you don’t stand by the statement you made or think it comes off as something different to what you meant, feel free to clarify, edit or remove it.

What statement are you talking about? I didn’t write anything that was complicated or was intended to be a strawman. Why are you even replying to me anyhow? I wasn’t talking to you bud.

I’ve linked it multiple times and given you the option to change it if it’s not what you meant.

Let me know if you need any more hand holding <3

Oh please, hand holding? You’re missing context and conveniently leaving it out, I think you’re here to troll or start an argument.

Edit: By the way, I do stand stand by that statement, 110%. Some of you want to switch things around without limitation and I do think that type of playstyle is not good for the game.

It’s actually the opposite to be honest. I want to make an RPG decision here, but tying player power to these covenants and locking us to that choice removes the choice for me and most other high end players. I love the Kyrian covenant. It has the best zone, the best covenant sanctuary, the best aesthetics, etc. I would love to pick Kyrian as my RPG choice.

However, there is player power tied to them, and I will pick Night Fae for my covenant. The Night Fae area sucks, their voices are super annoying, and I spent all of Legion in the druid class hall and this is druid class hall 2.0. But my decision was already made by Blizzard by tying the best mythic raid abilities for my spec to that covenant.

3 Likes

So what was your answer to his question on how getting half the story is an rpg staple? Because I’ve read the exchange and your reply went off on an assumption

what are you talking about. im not talking about balance, im talking about bulky inflexible systems with massive shortcomings pointed out in the beta. which we have had multiple xpacs in a row.

or are you just going to ignore the question that you asked so you can flame your own strawman?