Does 5 DPS really Matter?

Ahhhhhhh there he is! There’s the strawman! Let’s conflate an argument to it’s logical extremes and pick -that- apart! I have no response to this, because there is no response to this. Please go back to the original point. Just as Mr Wizard can’t become Mr Rogue, Mr DK can’t become Mr Druid.

No, D&D thieves typically have investment on stealth skills like sneak and hide along with high dexterity. You could try to sneak by as any class, but without that sort of build you’re likely to fail, depending on the situation.

So do all of your CEs come one week before the tier ends?

See this is imo is modern wow’s playerbase and there is nothing wrong with this. I find it strange that Blizzard wants to go against its playerbase. Even though i like covenants i see myself as a minority.

An even more central aspect of an RPG is a story that makes sense. They want to skip out on the foundations and hope the walls don’t fall over.

1 Like

Azshara came on our last raid before CE ended, Jaina was a couple weeks before, N’zoth was a joke because of corruption, G’huun was left at 2%. So yeah, it’s usually pretty close since we only raid 5 hours a week.

This point has been raised repeatedly, but they all just shrug it off as if their opinion is the only valid one. They talk about being forced to play someone else’s way, but they lack the self awareness to understand just how hypocritical they are. That’s why nothing ever changes through these discusiion: people are entering with the idea that their personal opinion is gospel and anybody having a different opinion is attempting to intentionally ruin the game for them. It’s sad to see such narrow-minded, juvenile thinking from people.

Hey Mr Strawman, I eagerly await your reply.

You like to live dangerously. I can respect that.

But I still think locked covenants are fine. Most people don’t play at your level anyhow.

1. It’s not just gonna be 5 DPS. More like a 5-10% gap.
  2. If you think 5-10% dps doesn’t matter, then you’ve clearly never wiped a mythic boss at under 5%.
  3. Soulless tryhards are the people who turned games from a loser’s pastime to something competitive and respectable lol.
1 Like

Why do you only say this towards people that are agreeing with your opinion, and not people who say things like this

Perhaps you aren’t anywhere near as impartial as you want to lead on with your holier-than-thou lectures

Where have I heard this before…

1 Like

I think what people are missing when arguing against min/maxers is not taking into account how it feels to them.

Imo the biggest problem with covenants in practice will be the trapped feeling. That you can never catch up to a person with the better covenant for that situation. There is no solution for that really. And it shouldn’t be discounted.

To me, when taking the entirety of Shadowlands into account such as conduits, new M+ cache, and legendaries, it should not have as much of a difference in dps difference between 2 players as other recent examples. Or nearly any other xpac at launch.

Every other xpac we’ve had to deal with rng on extremely important things such as Azerite or legendaries, or very low quantity gear drops which made you much more succeptible to bad luck streaks.

So even if you got assigned covenants randomly I think the difference in practice of the person who got the best covenant vs the worst won’t be out of the ordinary and probably even less impactful since the very powerful legendaries are not rng at all and same with conduits.

It’s just that trapped feeling is so strong. A fire mage in Legion had hope to get pyro bracers. Everyone at least had a hope for a chance to get their BiS Azerite piece from a cache. But that is not the case for covenants.

I just want everything to go live as is so I can enjoy the chaos on the forums that follows. The same arguments were made with Azerite and boy howdy were the forums a fun time once the general player base got ahold of them.

4 Likes

“Let’s talk about facts”
strawman away

Nice.

1 Like

What are you going on about?

I just find it interesting that you’re bothered by someone not arguing with facts then turn around and attack a point someone didn’t make. Pretty sure the dude said he’d be OK with covenant rpg style play if it wasn’t tied to character power.

Actually, what I said was that after doing the first half of all 4 zone storylines, you’re only allowed to complete 1 of them, unless you make alts.

And shutting people off from the conclusions of the storylines they’ve already progressed halfway through is, if anything, anti-RPG.

1 Like

Lacking context I took the title to mean there was some kind of 5 dps comp. The actual topic is much less interesting.

1 Like

Then you’re not doing the content where you absolutely need to make sacrifices to ensure progression.

Not that the Covenant swapping/lack thereof issue is one that only impacts Cutting Edge players.