Does 5 DPS really Matter?

Well there you go. Who’s to say someone with a “bad” covenent won’t still outplay someone with a meta class + a good covenant? It’s all dependent on the individual.

Shame you feel compelled to give into peer pressure. If I was a big druid fan, loved tanking as a bear, and felt a real connection to that class, I’d just tell folks to shut up and deal. If I spent that much time working on a character I wouldn’t be so quick to give it up.

1 Like

I strongly suggest you read my post.

Here, I’ll even quote it for you:

Peer pressure? :rofl:

1 Like

Ive already told you multiple times and can say same for you, the one who thinks using his own logic that faction/class/race are not rpg elements a old timer who is stuck in the past believing D&D has the only hold on RPG.

Sure but like I said, it’s not like someone is really good at Kyrian and bad at Venthyr, it’s one freaking ability and some passives. You could be 5% better than me at Paladin with all things equal but if I pick the correct covenant and you don’t I will still out dps you and get the raid spot.

OK, I’ll try it again:

Tell us, in your own words, why it’s an advantage for people to be locked away from covenant storylines unless they make alts.

No, you haven’t. You haven’t done it once.

Tell us, in your own words, why it’s an advantage for people to be locked away from covenant storylines unless they make alts.

1 Like

Sounds like I’d be better off finding a new group to play with, one that isn’t so massively hung up on minute numbers and allows its members freedom to pick what they like and have fun.

1 Like

Did you read my post yet? You know, the one you replied to, without reading.

Depends what you have fun doing. I’ve missed CE by 2% before, that wasn’t fun. I’d rather be more strict on who gets brought so that doesn’t happen.

We missed CE Kil’jaeden by 5%! :crying_cat_face:

It still sounds like you’re giving up your character because of what other people might think of you.

Even if I was a CE player I’d still rather get it one, two weeks later than sacrifice my friendships and soul of what’s supposed to be a fun video game.

1 Like

OK, so you still haven’t read my post that you replied to. Great.

1 Like

I have never said it is a good idea.

I said Iike covenants in there current form. Do i think wow 2020 playerbase will like them in their current form? No , do i think they should change them? Yes.

Yes i have, a form of RPG elements are choice, consequence , variety etc etc like choosing a faction or a class knowing you would not get access to everything.

Then you like it that we start 4 storylines while leveing, but are only allowed to ever complete 1 of them, and we don’t find out how the other 3 storylines end unless we watch it on youtube or make an alt.

Because that’s what the current covenant system is.

I do like it from a mmorpg pov , the problem is players like myself dont really exist anymore.

I agree, choice is an important part of an RPG. Which is why I’d like my choices to not be locked, so I can determine what ability would be best for a given scenario, then use that ability. Encounter problem, solve the problem via logic, then equip the best talents and gear to overcome the problem.

According to MR D&D it isnt rpg at all

Mr D&D lets Mr Wizard or Mr Sorcerer change his spellbook and rest in order to give his party the best chance of killing an enemy. Also…just any Mr Spellcaster.

3 Likes

Does D&D let you turn into a rogue whenever your wizard wants to sneak by something?

1 Like

Or not cast a spell at all, and instead throw a flaming rug into a room to distract the enemy, or put soap flakes in the soup to give them a tummyache, or bribe the guards so you can sneak in.

RPG’s are about maximizing player freedom and creativity, not restricting it.

First, D&D thieves hide in shadows, they don’t have Cloaking Devices like in WoW.
Second, D&D lets you use your head so you can sneak past as any class.

It doesn’t work that way man. You run out of time and CE goes away. That’s why you don’t want people who knowingly handicap themselves with systems like these. Like how can you justify bringing someone who picks essences and corruption based on what looks cool? You can’t.