Do you "identify" with any of the Community Council members?

Things would be a lot less chaotic if the Community Managers were active in the community and posting. It is literally part of their job.

6 Likes

bites fingers

Don’t get me started. I don’t put the blame on the individual CMs though. Their tasking and focus is handled above them. They are doing what they are tasked to do. I just don’t agree with the scope of that tasking when it comes to interacting with players and setting a Community tone.

I am not in charge though and I can’t tell someone how to do their job. Blizz mgt is not going to listen to me.

1 Like

I doub’t anyone will see this since it’s so far down the list, but no - not really.

The idea of the “council” is already kind of cringe to begin with (as it immediately makes anyone not there feel less important as a player - like we aren’t valued nearly as much), but there was someone in that council in the “introduce yourself” section that IMMEDIATELY hawked his twitch stream. I say my eyes rolled so hard I almost blacked out I’m not lying.

I feel the need to reiterate that - he tried to push his TWITCHTV STREAM in the “council” that is supposed to be relaying the concerns of the masses to Blizzard developers. Big yuck, big no.

7 Likes

No. Am I supposed to?

I’m glad to see more threads, hoping the weekend will bring out more Council members to post.

1 Like

I don’t see a single council member posting their twitch link in the introductions thread. Just a guy throwing out his twitter with the offer that people can reach out to him to offer suggestions there, if people want.

I do think the council idea could have been handled better, but I think we’re doing our best with what we’ve got. I’d give it more time for the invites to finalize and more threads to be posted. This is the start- just a few days in- of a new program, so while I completely understand why you’d be distrustful, I’m personally going to give it time before I make my final judgement.

Well they are going to decide what you can and cannot do in the game, how features are implemented and so forth. I mean that is how I read the invite to apply. You should hope you align with some of their ideas or the game will become less fun.

I am just waiting for the “Get rid of LFR and LFD” topics to show up in the council forum.

1 Like

Don’t know anything about any of them or care to, so no.

3 Likes

People voicing their concerns believing their feedback to be taken into consideration just to eventually discover nobody cares?

I relate to them all.

1 Like

ROFL.

Ridiculous… if true.

1 Like

You have something on your nose

1 Like

To be honest, I haven’t heard anything about any of them. Nor am I going to look to see who’s on it. And if any of the content creators mention it, I plan on memory holing it immediately. I figure these poor souls are simply a focus group that Blizzard will use to A/B test on. My guess is they just picked 20 people or some other nice round number that they could crunch into % numbers for their internal staff meetings.

Omg… is this true?? :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :rofl:

I mostly just skim thru the board, so might have missed it :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Honestly such an activity should be grounds for getting kicked out of the program, that kinda undermines the whole “integrity” of the program to be honest.

It’s “supposed” to be a feedback forum about the common issues affecting the players and how to make the game better… and that dude is instead using it to promote his own twitch channel for personal gain/shill for more viewers and subs?!? It’s like, get outta here with that you attention-seeking grifter :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Here’s the direct link to the introductions thread. I don’t see anyone shilling their twitch, just a dude offering his Twitter for people to submit feedback to. In fact, I’m just seeing multiple people state outright that they aren’t streamers or content creators.

nope, not a single one. I knew they wouldn’t have any though because they didn’t ask the entire playerbase, they just advertised it on this forum or places like that instead of on the launcher which would have opened it up to everyone.

1 Like

I don’t identify with any of the current council members.

I play in mostly WPvP and very passionate about WPvP. It’s an area of the game I feel gets ignored quite often. While people have briefly brought up open world PvP briefly, (i.e “I mainly do arenas and battlegrounds! I’ve dabbled in WPvP.”) no one specifically brings up any suggestions or brings up any of the issues that WPvP / War Mode is currently facing.

They seriously need to invite people to the council for specific parts of the game. (don’t generalize or categorize PvP as a whole, theres different categories).

1 Like

I’m happy to see advocates for RP and casual PvP gearing, since those are primarily what I do.

That’s not how I read the announcement at all. More like the “registered mail” of feedback. .

I think you overestimate their power. :wink:

5 Likes

What you described is an echo chamber, and that is the last thing Blizzard needs. Also shouldn’t listen to someone who has to be carried for AoC buddy.

3 Likes

They will be as effective as the twitch community…next to forgotten.