Do you "identify" with any of the Community Council members?

We have not been given guidelines yet. I have not seen anything saying we CAN’T do that. I would hope we can actually. My “community” for a lack of a better term IS the forums so I would expect to be able to continue to talk about things here. People should not feel shut out. However, they should also not expect that a CC person is going to always agree or repost what GD has to say…heh.

Is that so? So thaaat’s why I’m down almost 5k+ gold in repairs just from Mage Tower wipes alone :laughing:

You’ll find that your repair costs for comparable activities are higher on your well-geared mains than on your poorly-geared alts.

EDIT: wowpedia even has the formulas

1 Like

It’s all a farce anyways. Just a PR move . All feedback will be ignored as per the usual.

Haha, yeah.

I remember during WoD when you would make enough gold to stave off repair costs, infinite feasts from the barn, an herb garden to supply yourself with a good chunk of the pots you needed if you logged on daily, etc.

To be honest, this is what people asked for. They asked for professions to matter, and this is them making professions matter.

“You think you do, but you don’t.”

5k? I spent ~110k on Mage Tower before I got it, lol. Not all on repairs, also drums, food, pots, etc.

I understand that but even if the CC member doesn’t agree they should still say something in the CC forums if there is a pattern of people not agreeing on what the topic is about.

If it is just certain voices agreeing on just about everything with Blizz then there will be no meaningful change . All the player members are there to represent the rest of the players in the game and not to be yes people for Blizz.

This is why I have issues with the Legendaries this expansion .

They are pretty much Blizz going “Let’s make legendaries craftable so they think we care about proffs”

So now instead of having Legendaries that feel legendary we now have Orange is the new Purple.

Agreed. When presenting ideas for discussion it helps to present the various main groupings, pros and cons, then discuss.

I did that earlier discussing reward systems in games - best gear for hardest content or a different system. I talked about a few systems and then discussed it a bit.

I recall this being a thing in BfA where I heard guilds talk about selling carries in order to pay for raiding items to be able to do so. If this is getting out of control then adjusting it likely would benefit guilds that don’t have endless piles of gold and/or members that love to be farming slaves…

Progression guilds have been sounding the alarm on this since Legion (when potion prices really started to get out of control).

Unfortunately Blizzard doesn’t give a damn about raiding guilds, so…

To be fair, I don’t care because I am not chosen. Nobody I know was chosen. Good for them, I guess.

:slight_smile:

So, you are saying he isn’t involved in carries?

I’m saying he isn’t the one doing the sells himself. He is a member of a raid team and it is their GL/RL initiating the sells . If my raid leader sold carries would I stop raiding because of it of course not and neither would you .

Nothing. It’s cherry picked players that in no way represent the average player.

Ok, cool so my initial statement stands. The president sells carries.

If he isn’t the one actually initiating the sells and it is his guild /raid leader doing it, then how is he the one selling carries

Pretty sure the CC is just a PR stunt.

/shrug

2 Likes

If he is involved in groups carrying people that means he sells carries. I don’t care if he does the advertising or not.

I have sold carries before, but I didn’t do the advertising. I just got my cut after the run was done.

By creating a limited council and actively ignoring player feedback for almost a decade, Blizzard has already shut many players out. The entire nature of the council is to limit feedback that Blizzard has to listen to now and ignore later.

Have you noticed there isn’t a single Blizzard blue post in any of these council topics? They aren’t even trying to reassure people that feedback will at least be read now. Let alone actually thought about.

2 Likes

Yes. I think there are several stages to this and right now we are at the VERY beginning.

• Not everyone has been invited or given posting permissions
  • No guidance has been given regarding the Council - what to post, when to post, how to post. Just to follow the forum rules.
  • Blue posts will be in the form of systems folks, artists, producers, designers, class folks, etc. With the Community Managers like Kaivax, Bornackk, and Linxy providing post topics sometimes to get focused feedback, guidance, etc.
  • At this point things are in their infancy. They really are doing this publicly. You are seeing all the things that happen starting a new program and getting 100+ people into it and organized. This program is not being rolled out with everyone pre-briefed, given tasking, instructions, outlines, etc.

I think it is going to be organic and grow as people join and we will see where it goes. I am not sure when the other Blues will start to engage, but probably after the onboarding is done and things are a bit less chaotic.

Or, that is how I currently think it works anyway.

1 Like