Do you "identify" with any of the Community Council members?

No you’re wrong.

Handpicking first class passengers on your sinking ship and then making a committee out of them to ask how to right the ship and maybe bring back those that bailed is beyond idiocy and lunacy.

They’ll ask for a better menu, more songs from the band, a tighter dress code while ignoring the fact that the commoners below bailed because of the big gaping holes in the hull and they’re tired of being kept below decks.

Blizzard has gone tone def.

10 Likes

I want the best gear to come from the hardest content.

If gear was a higher level for m+ completed above level 15’s I would 100% agree with you. But timing a +15 key is easier than Mythic SoD, therefore Mythic raid is where the best gear should come from.

This isn’t at all what I’m saying. At a certain key level, the difficulty would be equal to that of Mythic raid; so that’s where the 252 gear should come from. I’m saying that 15’s do not equal mythic raid.

I used to enjoy casual pvp. It was nice to get fully geared and enjoy the system. WoD had a nice system, Ashran gearing was nice, but the mode itself felt horrible if you played melee. Felt like only ranged players had fun in that mode. I actually got sick of grinding gear every season and Liked the Legion template system. When they removed that and focused on purely rated gameplay I stopped pvping.

I would appreciate a scaled random bg queue personally. Let us use gear and scale it so we can pick which trinkets we want, the stats on the gear, disable sockets so grinding sockets doesn’t impact the scaling. I used to enjoy wow pvp for the combat systems and spells and class fantasies, now it feels like you are more depending on a rated system for power progression. Sometimes you just want to mess around with offspecs and pvp. The rating system just enforces meta builds and fotm stuff. It would be nice to not be expected to grind a rated mode to be successful in the casual mode.

At least before you eventually could catch up. But now there is no catch up with how rating is tied to upgrading gear. Personally I wish there was just a scaled queue. But I have moved onto other pvp games that you don’t need to grind gear for to enjoy. Surprsingly that’s some shooter genres. It feels more fair at least to die to someone with better aim, then to die with someone who grinded more gear in another mode.

2 Likes

I actually somehow missed your posts, really happy a Frost DK made it to the council! Definitely my favorite spec in the game

Awesome! I was devastated when we went from S tier to D tier the night before pre-patch for Shadowlands dropped because they nerfed our entire kit into the ground. Will definitely give this a read when you post it

1 Like

It isn’t the hardest content though- infinitely scaling systems like m+ and pvp inevitably end up harder than mythic raiding. It’s why when the top players in the world finish their CE in 2 weeks, a lot of them run off to push m+ since they can test themselves endlessly.

PvP being arguably the hardest content in the game since you are playing against living breathing thinking people and not a script. I’m not trolling you, I’m just fed up with this idea that mythic raiding is the hardest content in the game. It’s not.

All three forms of content should award gear with equity. I shouldn’t have to raid to perform well in m+ because i need the gear. A raider shouldn’t need to m+ to perform in raid. Ditto for pvp.

3 Likes

No offense, but did you read anything other than that line?

Lol… :rofl:

Funniest analogy I’ve seen posted on here in quite some time, and fairly spot-on (sadly) :laughing:

5 Likes

And what % of people even step foot in mythic? So why are we punishing the vast majority of players because you think your desired gearing path is more important? Like what you do has zero impact on my play style and I am not demanding that you get less gear because of it.

3 Likes

I read the whole post- I disagree with you on most of your points. I think we need less variety in the rotation not more. Variety may bring spice, but it also brings pain. Blizzard already struggle to balance a 3 month rotation, they’ll never be able to implement some of the ideas you presented without glaring balance issues. We need fewer more competent affixes that are more well balanced. If they are going to continue to promote things like the great push and competitions for this content they need to support it correctly.

There is one point I do 100% agree with you on though; fort/tyrannical need to either join the rotation or be eliminated and a baseline needs to be established.

I’m not talking about the original post. I’m talking about

Read that last paragraph again. I know it’s a challenging, infinitely scaling system.

Class balance is another story altogether. Balance in PVP is something we’ll never see. It won’t even get close. We just need to come to terms with that. I’d settle for not getting two shot from a gearing issue - and that goes for me, too vs. lesser geared players. PVP gear should be accessible to all (WoD style.) If people are too lazy to earn the currency - that’s on them - but at least it won’t be rating blocked. See, Ion believes that BOTH PVE and PVP should be about gear progression… when PVP should be about progression. Rating should be it’s own reward - if you need a gear advantage on top of 2800 rating - I really don’t think much about you.

I stick around because I believe Ion and company will eventually see the light… again.

No, it just seems more none sense.

This is a fundamental game design decision that was made before WoW even released. They are using the “hardest content gives best gear” model. Even though only a small fraction will ever do that content.

Another model is to use difficulty to control drop rates of gear. So someone at a lower difficulty MIGHT get something, but someone at a higher difficulty has a much better chance. Diablo 3 uses that model.

Some models use the same end reward point for every single play type/content with different paths to that same end maybe. Eh, not sure if I can think of a game that does that exactly, but I am sure some do.

Which is the RIGHT model has been a subject debate and personal preference as long as MMOs and online games have existed.

I honestly don’t know what the “right” answer is. How do you ensure that the time and learning that goes into completing the hardest content feels rewarding? What makes that content feel worthwhile? If someone else got the same rewards for a lot less effort would that take away from the feeling of an accomplishment? For many it would. However the “many” in this case are a tiny fraction of the player base.

Later expansions Blizzard has closed the gap some by sort of time gating the gear with the catch up mechanics and currency purchases. That does help a lot, esp for me as a Solo player. I can get decent stuff that makes the current world content enjoyable instead of a struggle. Of course, if the world content was too hard with world quest gear maybe the world content was not tuned well, skills were not tuned well, or I was a noob.

This whole concept of what should be rewarding in WoW, and for what types of activities is going to be a VERY long discussion over the next few months. I don’t know if Blizz even has any interest in changing the current model.

9 Likes

I agree with this whole post. Blizzard opened a can of worms with the M+ system, creating a second form of end-game for pve players. I understand raiders frustrations over it, I really do. All I want is equity, not a leg up, not an advantage. I just want to be able to log on, grind dungeons all week, and be able to do that effectively without raiding. Same things raiders want, they don’t wanna spend endless hours and weeks running dungeons for gear to raid.

I suppose that argument could be further placed on the casual world crowd- it just depends on who you ask.

I’m all for that- but I’m not sure how the community would handle it. It’s more difficult to take something away after its been given than to never give it at all.

1 Like

You mean the demands of elites aren’t repeated endlessly? Get real. How many posts have you made with the theme: “Look at what I did! Admire me! Now everybody needs to emulate me and do what I did!”

3 Likes

I don’t understand your hatred for pet battlers or characterization of them as casuals or bad players. Pet battling is for everyone who likes pet battling. It is not strictly a casual content that all casuals have been or should be ghettoized into. Mythic raiders who like pet battling collect pets and do pet battles too.

6 Likes

Thing is I am not even talking about class balance, more like power fairness. I enjoyed the grind once, but seasons came frequently enough that it wasn’t worth grinding out a set on alts which I used to do. I enjoyed the game, enjoyed different class designs. The grinding was never something I enjoyed tbh. I never enjoyed wow pvp for the pvp grind, I always enjoyed it after the pvp grind, it was just suffering till you got that gear and then game felt better.

As of now skill can’t overcome massive gear gaps like before, and if you want to be on par you must do a ton of grinding, from a casual standpoint that isn’t really fun to be expected to do so in an entirely different mode, take the game to a whole new lvl of seriousness to just be successful in the casual mode. I would equate that to randomly getting mythic 15 bosses in a heroic random dungeon and not getting any reward from it.

As of now I just quit wow pvp in general. And have found other stuff to keep me occupied such as collecting stuff. I did enjoy collecting the pvp set transmogs before.

2 Likes

Don’t know yet. I have to wait until the fishing and mission table discussions start to find out.

1 Like

I have no idea who anyone is to be honest. Hopefully though this leads to a game that seems a bit more interesting.

It isn’t wod gearing if it requires such a massive amount of grinding of currency to buy PvP gear that you appear to be characterizing people who don’t want to earn that as “lazy”.