Do you ever look at a Vulpera and just think to yourself

I think this about virtually every single allied race, with vulpera being the exception.

Every other “race” is essentially just a customization option that should be available when you create a new character (some of which should have been in the game a LONG time ago).

When I think of an allied race, I think of an actual NEW playable race.

Here are some examples:

Horde:

• Ogres
  • Hozen

Alliance:

• Jinyu/Ankoan
  • Arrakoa

Neutral

• Tuskarr
  • Tol’vir
  • Wolvar
  • Gorloc
1 Like

Nope! Never had a thing for Overweight or Scales. Tuskar and Ogres would have just been obese Kultiran recolors.

Or maybe instead of shifting to something else, they could have gotten over it considering it’s been 15 years.

4 Likes

Nope. I like them.

And I really, REALLY don’t understand the yearning for Sethrak. Snakes don’t have arms and legs, FFS. Plus, there’s something about them that’s just…icky.

1 Like

Yeh mechagnomes and unshackled gilgoblins would have been much fairer to the alliance.

Vulpera and Sethrak would have been a better pairing to be released slightly later.

1 Like

Idc much for Ankoan, but Jinyu were quite interesting and I would love to play one.

1 Like

You’re right, we could’ve gotten everything but Vulpera but you know what? At least they’re for the Horde while The Alliance got the least popular race.

Jokes aside, Vulpera is at least the most original race, not even a subspecies. People can clamor it is “Furry Pandering” to which they could be right but at the same time, you possibly be against the fact we didn’t get another variant? I would really try to look at that.

Still hoping for Sethraks and Ogres though, those have been on my list of races to go for.

1 Like

Allied Races as a whole were a mistake.

There’s no realistic hope for any of these races to get anything in terms of significant development or future relevant content going forward - hell, the “real” races are lucky if they can scrape together a few lines of lore or development most expansions.

The Allied Races…? Their void of options in the “customization” push was only the beginning.

No, they really should have just focused on two, maybe four options, dumped all their resources into making them actual, factual, real races, and let any “allied race” that could be safely folded in with “customization options” exist that way.

I actually would appreciate if it was furry pandering. A furry is someone with an interest or fascination in anthropomorphic animals, and it is nice to see people in the fandom get another option to play as.

I do wish they had more lore or involvement in the story, too. I’m hoping that the next expac will jump the story ahead a few years, where allied races have further integrated into the cities. More Vulpera in Orgrimmar, Kul’Tirans setting up shop in Stormwind, et cetera.

1 Like

…That one quote from that Iggy Azalea’s Black Widow music video around the 1:12 mark?

“Excuse me, what did the fox say? Nothing.”

Well hairy goblins to be precise.

*Goblins

No the real disappoint is on the Alliance side, where they got a subjectively worse Gnome. cough cough Diaper Gnomes cough cough

Vulpera’s are 50x better then Diaper Gnomes which should’ve been additional cosmetic features for the OG Gnomes. In place for an actual separate race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkqI7EQp0A
Enough with the unending selfish bellyaching over the fact that Blizzard decided not to screw over gnomes by giving them a placebo instead of a proper allied race.

They are a separate race, they just fit Blizzard’s definition instead of the one set by the people who looked at mechagnomes and cried “this should’ve just been customizations!!!” while also giving uncorrupted orcs a pass. I don’t know how people could’ve possibly thought they weren’t going to be an Alliance allied race; they were datamined as having their own models long before 8.2 launched, it was a war that the complainers lost before it even began.

The Alliance was only going to get a gnome-related race or a worgen-related race. Only someone with the pattern recognition skills of a preschooler would think that they would get sethrak just because they begged for them since launch despite almost all signs for Alliance-aligned sethrak pointing to “no”, or some other crap pulled out of thin air like vrykul or ethereals. Honestly, with how much Alliance players and their sympathizers have complained about Blizzard adhering to the allied race pattern with mechagnomes, I don’t think they deserve anything else.

Alliance could have gotten the Krokkun, therefore have a proper tribal race to represent the Shamans rather than “civilized races that sometimes dabble in Shamanism”, but instead we got new Draenei customizations as a whole new race and Discount Blood Elves.

many hate us…
but thats because they are scared of the truth that we are the best race on the horde now.
bloodelves can step aside… we are fabulous.

2 Likes

Nah, Vulperas are one of the most creative Allied Race.

Enough with the attacking of a player who only said one thing.

Calm down. I’m allowed to have my own opinion, thanks.

Acting like I attacked you personally. Geesh. :grimacing:

HEY WAIT! You’re the one who got uncle Steve sick! with… Elfid!

…He had a severe allergy to giant, bushy eyebrows.

1 Like

When i see a Vulpera in a random battleground, when the tension is at its peak and the countdown approaches zero, i wonder how they taste… I wonder how they all taste!

#UndeadForLife #Cannibalize #Mouhahaha

1 Like

drops her crayons

and then I would have a thread titled “Do you ever look at [any other race you want] and just think to yourself” but my comment in it would have been the same regardless :slight_smile:

this one