Do people who falsely flag post

That’s not what’s happening. One of the blue guys in the german forums explained it a few months ago.
Single reports, even when they’re not really justified, are just ignored if the moderators think the post is harmless. They don’t have any lists. But when someone logs between his alts and mass-flag a post, then they see that and hand out suspensions.

1 Like

It baffles me that blizzard pays money for broken forum software. Discourse is robbing them with these forums bugs.

Sould never be able to flag with alts… muchless upvote yourself

Also not knowing what post is buried until they delete it is stupid

I was also banned once bringing up the fact i was in the military.

1 Like

And yet, that can’t be all of the details, since I’ve known a few people who don’t even have alts that got vacationed for false flagging.

You know for sure they don’t have any alts and just one single character? Maybe they were a bit ashamed for logging between alts and doing such silly stuff and then stated they got banned just for reporting someone.

I tend to believe my friends when they tell me stuff. Also: I’ve never seen them on a single other character on Bnet. And then I chastised them profusely for doing dumb stuff. lol

Edit: and that quote I have is specifically about false flagging. Here’s part of it:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/flagging-is-the-new-downvote/74299/85

That would still be clearly visible to the moderators, when someone randomly flags every post he can in a thread or every post of a specific person. After 7 flags or so there is a cooldown, but these flags would still be enough to mark something as intentionally.
What I mean is that the moderators don’t care if someone false-flags a single post, they don’t have a check list where they collect how often users have done that.

Until Blizzard changes their definition of trolling

there is no such thing as a false flag

2 Likes

I’m gonna say we have no idea and we’ve got instances of people being actioned for false flagging, along with a blue post saying it’s actionable.

You’re not wrong. It’s why I want the flagging system revamped entirely.

No one needs to know I have asystole, a case of flaming eyes, and chronic insomnia

It depends on what you mean.

If someone flags something they feel is trolling or inappropriate, and they do it once because they genuinely feel that way, then no. Nothing happens to them.

If someone hops on multiple alts to spam flag someone over and over again, then yes. That gets actioned.

1 Like

Nah. It was removed because too many complained about having their feelings hurt because they got downvoted. Now they complain about being putatively falsely flagged.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if the definition is copypasta from Discourse.

I remember when there was a distinction between trolling and flaming. Neither were considered appropriate but one was far worse than the other.

No idea. For some stupid reason blizzard won’t use a false flagger as an example of “don’t do this”. And stuff I use that limp wristed. “we will not contact you or tell you what this person’s punishment was if they were caught violating the rules”. All I would do is take a head on a pike example to stop this but it’s blizzard doing blizzard things

If you want to count our caps on how often we can report as “punishment”, in order to slow down reports, sure.

Flagging with alts do get punished. It’s automatic, if you do it, enough times.

I like the dislike button being gone. If people want to disagree, they can use their words instead of hiding behind a dislike button.

Sure people may try to flag you down, but if you broke no rule, your post remains up and unburied.

Some of my posts have gotten those green notifications and at best, I understand why one of my posts was removed. The majority of them, however, remain up.

Wouldn’t surprise me.

Yes.

Enjoy your vacation!

If you trigger the alt flagging automated system, that counts as an automation. And, it’s not a ban but a suspension.

I agree. The fact you can alt hop and heart yourself is the reason there’s a heart cap, as well. It’s to deter you away from leveling yourself up, on the forums.

Yep.

I don’t trip about my posts being flagged. Most of the time, nothing happens, to me, anyway. And, I just laugh at all the people wasting their reports on me, since there’s a cap on it. Report wisely :black_heart:

Friend does it all the time, only got caught once out of ten times doing it. 10/10 mods.

No vacation it was restored… after all I buried my own post. But no forum should ever allow that.

The dislike button was pointless. All it did was add a Reddit styled popularity contest on this forum. Anybody that’s been on Reddit for long enough knows that an unpopular opinion no matter how factual is going to get buried. I’ve seen people saying oh it was a good alternative to moderation. no good moderation is a good alternative to moderation it’s called they need to do their jobs

1 Like

Talking about you alt flagging, not your posts getting buried.

Agree.

True I buried my own post with my own alts. The only person I hurt… is me.

1 Like