Do people not like r Druids?

Not always partner, at most for the sticks, but from there keep in mind the following: There are enemies that are immune to the stun, so you would use it in vain since you are not going to cut or interrupt anything and second if you go with a Warlock or classes that do stun in aoe (like this one) would end up canceling since the enemy will become immune. And if you then mention that the totem also loses usefulness or something because of the immunity they receive… well yes, but if you manage to time it well as well as your Maim when the enemy is no longer immune, you will be able to get more out of the totem stun than to the same maim as long as they are not immune enemies by default like SoA Goliaths or others. It is a matter of practice, it is not something impossible to do with the totem. Also it’s just stop casting X spell and put the totem at the right time to change form, stop casting X spell, change form and wait for the GCD, have the energy/recharge it and finally the necessary combo points, it literally is the other is more practical because the druid’s stun requires doing X things and conditions.

Enemies immune to stun affects everyone though. As for diminishing returns, you have to stun an enemy 3 times, each within 18 seconds of each other before they become immune. Even when they become immune they can still become stunned after 18 seconds. In practice, I’ve never seen diminishing returns ever become a problem even when the group has a ton of stuns and aren’t coordinating them at all.

Having played both shaman and druid in several hundred keys each, it’s way easier in my experience to cancel a targeted ability with maim than it is to time a cap totem. There are more conditions with druid but that’s not what makes it easier or harder. Much of the time those conditions are already met and even if you are at 0 energy and 0 combo points, an extremely rare condition, it only takes a couple seconds to get 50 energy and 2 combo points. The fact that cap totem only requires 1 condition doesn’t make it easier. For example, if the cap totem had a 10 second delay it would still not require any more conditions, but it would clearly be much harder than using druid’s maim. 3 seconds is a pretty long time to anticipate and in practice it’s more than 3 seconds because you are likely going to be using an ability or gcd before you use the cap totem.

Well, it’s strange, I’ve noticed it easier to use the stun totem than the druid’s main and I’m a main druid and my rshammy is the alt, I guess that depends on each person. But I feel that it is more practical at the time of execution since it requires fewer steps to follow to stun an enemy, as I said “In the shaman it is just stop casting and put the totem” while the druid requires much more “Change cat form, have at least 1 combo point and energy” along with your gcd. In any case, I still maintain the position that the totem stun is better than the mutilate stun because it has fewer steps to follow, and above all it does not affect your dps rotation (because you sacrifice those combo points instead of using it in a Rip or Bite) and why it is spell aoe (which is very important in this week of Fortified)

Yeah, I agree cap totem overall is better, but I think maim is more useful than people give it credit for. You aren’t always sacrificing a rip, bite or combo points either. The pack doesn’t need to be very big for sunfire and swipe to be your rotation. In the fish stick example, the only thing you are wasting using maim is the cost of the swipe since you aren’t going to be ripping or biting. It’s true that biting/ripping the prio target, in this case the scalebinder is often better…but 99.9% of people will go for the option that looks the best on the meters which is to swipe and sunfire.

People who aren’t inviting you need to learn how to check logs. Your logs are solid. They’re probably taking an rsham with similar io who’s going to give them 31 deaths.

Or, at the very least learn to smack the space bar every couple of sentences.

1 Like

refers to my old comment (not sure how this one now). But I don’t see any point in this now since it doesn’t go hand in hand with the topic, at least some points about rshammy and druid have already been made clear

Yea the GCD on shifting is super infuriating on rdruid dps. I hate it.

3 Likes

Resto druid are fine, druid tanks however are the worst, always badly geared and don’t know half their skills.

I think the topic was about the Rdruid vs the Rshammy or well the man in the post mentioned that it was difficult for him to find a party with his druid compared to his Rshammy or a Rshammy. And no, we’re not that good (at least in raid it’s something else) but like the other 3 healers (specs) we have problems developing our dps in M+ along with utility and rotation

This has been my major gripe about druids since I started playing them in Cataclysm.

The holy priest meta really starts to show up when your higher than 15’s before than many pugs are after shaman healers because of all those reasons people have been listing that I don’t feel the need to repeat.

pugs are fickle though and you never know when your going to get rejected for whatever reason the group leader can come up with.

My friends and I have been rejected from pug 15s as a 3/4 stack with tank & healer & dps all over 2800 score because we weren’t BDK/holy priest and it is pure comedy.

Are people actually whispering you to tell you why you weren’t invited?

sometimes, mostly though we ask cause our group leader will whisper the person when we sign up and when we get rejected he always asks why

edit: we have been accused of buying carry’s by people that think resto druid/protpally tank can’t do 20s

Ah, people are strange lol. I queue up with 3 others but I usually don’t whisper them… maybe I should :stuck_out_tongue:

WowyouareprettymeantothatguyoverasmallissueheistryinghisbestanditsnotgoodenoughforyouyoumustbeaLannister.

2 Likes

Theres nothing more I like than popping cap totem on the big pull in other side before the broker boss. Urn wears off and then they get a nice tasty stun. Such a nice dopamine rush lol

2 Likes

Thats kinda wierd tbh. I just keep applying and assume its any number of reasons why they didnt chose me.

Ill be honest, if someone messaged me asking why I didnt accept their application, I’d just ignore 'em.

Heck yeah! I rarely DPS but when Im on my Lock at that spot, me and my guildies line up an Urn>Cap Totem>Shadowfury>Legsweep stunlock fiesta.

Its truly glorious and little moments like these are why I much prefer running in comms with my crew over pugging with folks that wont even be bothered to kick things like Rebellious Fist or push the button to group buff.

The only thing 99% of groups care about in m+ is damage and r druids don’t bring the deepz this patch. It really is that simple.