DO NOT upgrade your belt to tier set

You were right . My bad for giving people more credit for having some of intelligence

4 Likes

They didn’t. They literally let you preview the item. They don’t need to explain it more than that. There is even a confirmation window.

5 Likes

Or even just reading the in-game tooltips
:wink:

1 Like

I disagree with you. Clearly they do need to do more explaining because the OP did it wrong. Since you are on the community council how about if you actually do your job and tell blizzard that people are confused and that perhaps they should do a better job at implementing things.

They could have easily put a guy standing next to the machine that explains what the person is to do. But they didn’t do that. Surely you did not need a crystal ball to know that people would screw it up because there were not clear directions on what to do. I know I sure didn’t.

If people are already not looking at the item they prolly wouldn’t read this warning to be fair.

Blizz should’ve just started the catalyst and made it for the first 4 weeks you could only upgrade helm chest legs gloves shoulders…then add the transmog options in later.

1 Like

They could literally have a pop up that says

“THIS ITEM WILL NOT HAVE A TIER SET BONUS, ARE YOU SURE”

followed by

“ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE, THIS WILL NOT HAVE A BONUS”

and

“ONE LAST CHANCE TO BACK OUT”

and people would still complain there wasn’t a warning. You know how I know? Because I used to live in the customer service forums and some parts of the past game that had multiple confirmation windows would constantly have people screaming they weren’t warned.

They were warned for the catalyst multiple times in the forums, wowhead warned, and there’s an item preview with a confirmation button in game.

They do not need to add more than that.

If they make a mistake, then they wait another week. It’s not like this a permanent decision.

1 Like

Man I didn’t even know they let you use a charge on crafting a non-tier piece lmao. Using a charge on a mog essentially? That’s hilarious, sorry that happened though Paalas

But they didn’t did they?
Or
They could have made it so only tier pieces could be upgraded. Then mistakes wouldn’t have been made.

Instead of arguing with me, do your job and tell blizzard they screwed up. I don’t understand why you can’t simply do that? Isn’t that why you took that position? Be an advocate for the player instead of an advocate for a company that can’t implement things correctly.

When you put an item in the catalyst that isn’t a tier slot, it doesn’t mention a tier bonus at all. I think that should be enough to question whether the system works the way they think it does. Critical thinking is too hard apparently.

1 Like

So tell Blizz to dummy proof the dummy proofing ?

2 Likes

Then it would have been less complete of a system. It’s not just a tier creation system you know.

It also helps collection players farm transmog and it let’s people reroll the stats.

So we should have to deal with a half-baked system that becomes obsolete in 4 weeks because people can’t read?

1. It’s not my job.
  2. I do not agree with you. There is plenty of explanation.
1 Like

I wouldn’t go so far as to say Blizzard screwed up. The system gave more than adequate warning and anyone who didn’t bother to read before YOLOing a random belt can’t really blame Blizz for that.

Just make it so after 4 weeks you can upgrade belts and bracers for mog. Timegate it to protect noobs from themselves.

you can clearly see in this video of someone using it, that it shows you ahead of time what you’ll be getting. It ain’t rocket science.

I used it and if I were new to the game, I could see how I might have chosen the wrong piece. Perhaps you should put yourself in the shoes of someone who hasn’t played this game for years.

Now a player is disappointed. All because the company couldn’t simply make it so only tier piece slots could be used. Or by putting a guy next to the machine.

Isn’t that the point of it? How often would you go visit the machine if not to turn a nice piece of gear into tier? And why would it be obsolete when people will continue to get higher ilvls of those pieces?

It is your job. You’re on the community council or am I reading your title wrong? :thinking:

And it doesn’t matter if you agree or disagree. Someone you are supposed to be representing has an issue with a system that was implemented, you have the ability to be an advocate for them. However, instead, you’re not. Perhaps resign the position so that someone who will be an advocate for the player can take your place.

Sorry OP but the preview when you made the item showed you that it wouldn’t have a set bonus on it, this is 100% on you and no one else at all.

It is not my job. My job is to give my personal feedback. If someone brings up a point I agree with, I will bring it up.

But I do not agree with you.

The Great Vault gives LESS notification than the Creation Catalyst that it’s being spec-specific loot, but I don’t see you or anyone complaining about that. Why’s that?

I don’t believe in punishing everyone because of the faults of the lowest common denominators. A lot of people already have 4 set and are using it for other things. Should they just have no use for the new feature because other people can’t read?

No. It’s a catalyst creation. Not a tier creation.

Every chance that I get, to reroll stats and collect transmog.

At that point, it would barely matter since everyone already has their tier sets. Sure, you may visit once or twice in the season to convert your upgraded gear, but that’s much less engagement than its current implementation.

If you made a mistake, it’s completely on you and you alone.

No, community council means you represent a community. You are not a community. You are supposed to be an advocate for the players. This is why there are only 100 people on the council. Clearly they chose the wrong person if you’re only representing yourself.

There is a huge difference between the great vault and a machine that turns a piece of gear into tier pieces. And people have complained about the great vault, which is why they added more items to the vendor of the currency you get if you end up getting garbage from the vault.