DO NOT upgrade your belt to tier set

hello
i got baited and used my weekly catalyst on my belt, lost the ability to make new tier set and got nothing but a mog
why have a option to turn ur belt on a item set if doesnt work?:???
edit: item set not tier

10 Likes

I thought it was just going to be the normal slots that are tier sets, but I didn’t really look into it. Don’t really understand why it would display that as an optionable tier set if it isn’t, but then again it does seem like a mistake that would be overlooked by the dev team :weary:

6 Likes

The other slots are to unlock the transmog.

47 Likes

But the in game said turn this item into tier set, not mog
will try my luck with a ticket

5 Likes

You see any tier bonus?

Bracers

Shoulders

73 Likes

Yeah its kind of garbo sense right now its a weekly cooldown, and I especially hate that the sand relic pieces are way lower ilvl than my open world stuff - it should have at least scaled to meet my ilvl of my much better but not qualified to be used in the catalyst for some damn reason items.

8 Likes

I wonder how hard it would have been to give a pop up window to say,’warning:this item will not upgrade into a tier set bonus. Do you wish to continue?’’

24 Likes
  • A “Set item” means it matches the set.
  • A “Tier bonus” is a bonus some pieces of the set have, like head, shoulders, chest, hands, and legs.

I can see that this is confusing though and blizzard could save some pain by dumbing things down.

5 Likes

This is why you have all the things addon.

It explicitly lists out which pieces you’ll get per tier of catalyst change and only 5 slots have tier set bonus. Just like raid.

People are really complaining about this?
Did…did you not read up on it beforehand?
I’m so confused.

32 Likes

Wouldn’t have cost them anything to update their guide to include the two scenarios.

Tier set bonus slots will upgrade to bonus. Non-set-bonus slot items will upgrade to respective transmog piece, but will not count towards set bonus.

It never pays to be a live tester for the game. Let others tank the problem for you

3 Likes

This is why I always give it a week or so to learn from letting other’s bug test the process and instructions.

Also as others have mentioned if you had 0 or 2pc after vault opening, it would be best to wait a week anyways. At least until you run raid.

1 Like

This is the fun part about development for me and is something I have to regularly consider on my projects. If there are no tier pieces on waist but you can upgrade any gear, someone will put in a waist piece expecting to get tier out of it somehow.

There is always that kneejerk reaction when developing to go “well no one would do this” but then… exhibit A.

9 Likes

I think it is to the point that any thing with words up to a sentence or more people need a TDLR that is all emojies .

3 Likes

Blizzard expected too much from its player base.

7 Likes

And in that same paragraph you quoted it says what items the bonuses will be on

2 Likes

I am equally confused by this process as well. I love how there’s no in game instruction for players. They expect you to go to outside sources to know how to play the game.

4 Likes

Believe it or not, a lot people don’t read up on new features, they expect them to be in the game and play the game to learn about them.

This is a game, you shouldn’t need to “read up” on in game features. You should be able to play the game and figure it out.

8 Likes