Do not open your timewalking cache

They are bugged and giving season 2 and 3 gear, not season 4 like the tooltip says.

F’s in the chat for those that already open theirs

5 Likes

Yep…just opened mine and went straight to forum to see if anyone else reported this

2 Likes

yeah, mine was a 457

Same here, I could even understand if it was a season 3 piece but I legit got season 2 gear, lmao.

My guess is they updated the loot pool to be any raid item but forgot to set the ilvl for S4. Standard mistake for modern Blizzard!

4 Likes

Yep got a 463 s3 Ashen Ranger’s Longbow - ticket in with Blizz too

Yeah, I’m 99% sure this is the 2nd or 3rd time they’ve done that this x-pack. They never learn from their mistakes.

Is this affecting the cache you get from doing black temple as well? or just the weekly do 5 TW or do 5 BT bosses?

well. i’m sad i didn’t see this before opening my crate :frowning:

it’s not even just s2/3. I got a 389 chest from VOTI lol

same here. what a waste of time lol

My question as well, but I’m holding on to it because I don’t want to find out first hand lol

1 Like

BT cache is fine, got a 506 wrist

3 Likes

Same. I don’t visit the forums very often, so I didn’t see some of the other posts until after the fact.

Not for everyone. I got 424 trinket s2 and can’t be upgraded.

probably better if you didn’t complete the quest - the cache contents aren’t likely to change since they are earned when you do them typically not when you open them.

1 Like

Was that from the “kill Illidan” quest or the “do 5 dungeons / TW bosses” quest?

5 tw quest

DF is the one of the buggiest expansions in the history of this game.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

Yeah the person you quoted was referring to the “kill Illidan” quest.

As those quests (Kill final boss in a TW raid) gives a hero track piece from said raid and any of the bosses that were part of the 15th anniversary event.

So for

TBC TW: Any BT boss, Kael’thas (The Eye), Lady Vashj or Archimonde (Hyjal)
Wrath TW: Any Ulduar boss, Lich King (ICC), Heigan the Unclean or Anub’arak (Trial of the Crusader)
Cata: Any Firelands boss, Cho’gall or Nefarian (Blackwing Decent).

Ragnaros was the 3rd Cata boss as part of the 15th anniversary event but he is also the final boss of Firelands. Damn Ragnaros had to be the special one.

2 Likes