Do NOT nerf unholy dk

Originally DC was 125% damage, not 90%, and FW was 310% not 250%, and now it’s 230%

5 Likes

Did the coil and wound ever go live though or was it a pre release nerf?

Probably the most out of touch thing I read was “unholy is doing more damage than we’d like” while Warrior, WW, Enhance, Survival, Feral are all doing as they do. Not to mention mages after buffs Demo or Spriest.

5 Likes

I just want some consistency. Some classes are allowed to be OP for entire seasons while others get instant nerfs.

6 Likes

The truth is that, despite the buff, I feel that UH doesn’t do half the pressure as Arms Warrior or Feral Druid, I thought that maybe they weren’t going to nerf the damage of UH due to the poor survivability it has, but clearly i was wrong

6 Likes

Exactly this. Sub rogue has squeezed by without being touched but every AWC cup winner has had a sub rogue in it… I wonder why?

1 Like

Jesus, leave it to the idiots at blizzard nerfing us the moment we’re playable. Let’s forget things like shadow priest and frost mages running amok.

6 Likes

Death strike honestly feels like a waste of rp with how little it even heals.

6 Likes

Over performing in what exactly?! Where are these massive crits that I can do that rivials boomkin, marksman or sub? The self sustain of a fury warrior? Pressure? Oh you must mean how I can use clawing shadows from a distance instead of going around as a fury warrior thumping it’s chest like a silverback gorilla because it has a big stick!

I want the brain dead developer to come here and tell me what exactly makes DK such a threat? I NEVER see another dk of any spec at my solo shuffle rating. It’s always casters, ret pally or warrior. Let me guess the same people who manage diablo 4 who think a blanket nerf to everything will fix everything also manage this class!

I freaking knew I should have gone and leveled my fury warrior because I wanted a JC but noooo… I wanted to play a class I rarely play because I like the theme of disease and death. Serves me right for wanting to play something I like! Perhaps I should have stuck with my pally even, and moved into a higher raid tier, because it’s been my main most expansions ever since TBC since I know how the damn spec works! Maybe I should go demon hunter they seem be getting left alone at least!

9 Likes

I’m not going to lie, I’ve laughed too much at the fury warrior part while having one as off-main.

Honestly, I don’t see where we are a threat either, not even the apocalypse burst that becomes something “dangerous” is bad enough for us to deserve this nerf, this apocalypse burst is balanced taking into account that we do a lot of damage but our survivability is quite bad, now they remove damage from us and we continue with bad survivability, this nerf doesn’t help to focus on sustained damage at all

6 Likes

We all need to have a sense of humor.

With the festermight nerf by 50% am I the only one who thinks the unholy assault 50% nerf should be reverted.

2 Likes

That change never made it to live if I’m not mistaken

It’s definitely live.

1 Like

You’re right, I just checked, when the 10.1.5 patch notes came out that change was gone, so it was assumed that it had been reverted, so these nerfs make even less sense, definitely the dk uh doesn’t do half as much pressure from other classes that continue to be among the best for a long time, I don’t understand then why they made these changes if in the end we are going to end up in the same place, they remove damage from us in burst and now they want to indirectly remove sustained damage from us, I’ve always wondered who decides these changes, because it seems like it’s totally disconnected from the meta.

2 Likes

post on your dk so i can see how you’re still hardstuck after rework

there’s also a whole 70 reply thread about a DK crying about the miniscule nerf with nobody backing them up except other delusional DKs?

seems like you’re the one grasping for “dont nerf me!!” straws. the thread is literally “don’t nerf me” idk what to tell you

this is ridiculous.

I managed to reach 1800 yesterday.

From my experience so far:

Monks are our counterpoint. They outclass us in every situation and manage to finish a DK with ease.

IF there is a monk + arms warrior, I would die in less than 10 seconds with no chance of healing.

Arms warriors are basically unstoppable. With the healing reduction they have, if they’re on a monk’s team, there’s nothing you can do. MAYBE a very well structured peel helps, but in Solo shuff. it’s impossible.

against an arms, during the ice bound fortitute MAYBE you can stay alive but only during the skill. Afterwards, they have the burst earlier than our defense and manage to kill us with some ease.

against shaman enhance, they have windows where our life goes from 100% to 20% in seconds, if together with warriors or monks, it is fatal.

In all situations, defile has shown itself to be good with the 90% speed reduction talent, allowing for decent kitting in certain situations, as well as a mastery boost that helps with burst windows.

BUT one idea would be for them to improve the talent that removes 100% of the enemy’s healing based on damage. The defile damage itself is not good, the healing removed is not even interesting, it would be interesting if we were healed for 100% of that amount, it would be a mini damage reduction that could help us during these insane bursts.

3 Likes

LMAO my DK gearing has more games and rating (solo so not really rating) than your hunter, in a ranged meta. You’re trash my guy. Raziael. Check pvp for yourself. Started playing DK again after 6-7 months off at the start of this week.

This match up is so frustrating in solo shuffle and I am encountering it more and more. I am finding less caster classes, less rogues, less hunters all of which I can handle. Just an ever increasing amount of arms warriors and monks and it’s making it impossible to break past my current rating of around 1600 so I can get to 1800, get the full transmog and quit this before tomorrow’s changes that will probably kill the spec due to the buffs everyone else got.

I don’t think I am going to make it.

2 Likes

Monks are everywhere it’s insane. No one usually plays that class even when it’s good which shows you how disgusting it is right now. Warriors were always going to become the meta again and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

I’ll offer some encouragement though. The seasons not over for awhile and the ladder will still inflate. You’ll also get some favorable match ups if you queue enough. Just stick with it and try to improve.

2 Likes