Do NOT Ban Boosting Communties!

Ban boosting and the game dies. It’s too ingrained in the playerbase. Boosting is the answer to the toxicity of the community. If you don’t run w the pack in the beginning of the expansion, good luck trying to play any content.

Idc if people boost. It has no bearing on how I play WoW.

1 Like

They spam trade chat for boosting and not LFG.

While I don’t think the game will DIE, I think they might lose a considerable number of players.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine them doing so, not even sure how well they could regulate this anyways.

The only way they could really cripple the boosting communities would be by killing the WoW token and that has an even longer shot of happening.

1 Like

LFG is not a channel for boosting services, it is to find a group of people that are wanting to run FOR FREE. There is more than one reason for them attempting to remove “WTS” ads from the premade…

2 Likes

perma ban them all.

I hope they don’t because the WoW Token is probably where most of their money comes from lately.

Probably is optimistic.

Considering that the population seems to dwindle with each passing expansion, but their revenue does not match the decline. They get more from each player these days either through tokens, shops, character services, premium expansion, etc.

Sigh you are once again missing the point. I cannot help you if you’re not getting it. The point is the spamming for boosting is out of control. And it’s almost entirely in trade chat where it doesn’t belong. No one really uses LFG since they can queue for random or specific dungeons. So it’s a perfect channel for boosting communities.

1 Like

Sorry, had to change toons. I definitely understand your point, I just don’t agree with you. It DOES belong in trade chat. LFG is NOT for boosting communities, it is for people looking for groups they don’t have to pay for. I will agree to disagree with you.

1 Like

Hey, sorry, had to change toons. I know that they will lose a sum of their playerbase through banning gold boosting. Gold boosting has been around since Vanilla and I don’t see why they would ban it.

1 Like

In truth I imagine what’s really going to happen is we’re gonna see a community or two become banned. Similar to what happened to gallywix as there were similar rumblings like this, and it’s just going to be cleaning house with some communities that are RMTing. I kind of wonder if their taking aim at houkan, giveb how big it’s gotten, yet I doubt their going to out right ban all communities. Given there are far more solutions to be had, like making a new baseline chat window in 9.2 or 10.0 to filter the spam into.

And EVEN IF that were true, what is to stop people from joining it just to report the sellers so they get auto-silenced and have to make a ticket? They do that already. People abuse the auto-silence system.

Gallywix was banned for RMT.

Pretty much this… but just in case it is real, yes please ban boosting.

1 Like

Trade chat is where the Blizz ToS says it is allowed.

1 Like

The thing is it isn’t, you can 100% put in the work, and get the same thing out of the game. Like KSM and AotC aren’t out of reach by the common player, it just takes time and effort to do. Which most don’t want to do cause why bother when you can skip all the time and work and jump right to the end and be down with it. Nothing in this game forces you to pay to win, you can make your own groups to run raids, PvP and do keys. The only limitation is how willing you are to invest into the game itself, not the other way around. Like heck when I got my AotC I made my own group, learned the fight to the point where I could raid lead it blindfolded, scrounged up a few players that were willing to put the time in for it. Then got the kill and it was so satisfying to be rewarded with all my time and effort in getting her down the first time. Didn’t have to buy it, didn’t have to get carried for it, just spent the time learning the fight and did it.

1 Like

Im aware of that. Doesn’t mean I think it was the right decision. It’s my opinion and I’ll gladly stick to it.

Even if they did have another channel to go to, people would join and just complain there. And report people and get people auto-silenced there instead of just leaving the channel.

1 Like

That’s not a good excuse for not having them in the LFG channel though.

1 Like