Do NOT Ban Boosting Communties!

It’s not like they’re banning boosting, just the massive multirealm communities.

I’ve bought boosts before when bored, but only from the people actually doing the boosting.

I’m sure they do. I doubt the people performing the boosts are the ones offloading gold, they boost for whatever they need to.

You’d want to look further up the food chain for where all that gold goes because it’s basically an MLM scheme in that regard.

Boosting for gold isn’t a problem. The question people have to ask is if they’re OK with the fact that the WoW token allows everyone to turn money into progression, which basically means the game has a P2W route.

What is what I got from it. They aren’t saying you can’t boost or buy boost. It’s just that these bigger organizations that are on multiple realms that offer boost are prohibited from advertising it.

Chances are, those from Nova and Huokan will find a way to change how they advertise and still do the boost. Blizzard also may have their own ways to track it down to verify if this are all being done through some big organization so, they are going to get stopped. I guess in time, we will see.

And then they sell it for real cash to scripe.

2 Likes

The problem is really KSM. If a player could actually use their currency to buy upgrades, they would not bother with a carry. If a player needs 1400 before they can even use their currency, they need to beg and get rejected over and over till they get gud, or buy a boost and use their currency, finally. KSM is the true problem caused by gatekeepers.

6 Likes

https://www.wowhead.com/blue-tracker/topic/us/policy-update-for-organized-in-game-services-january-2022-1176836#15744169

1 Like

Exactly this.

Banning boosting does nothing to address the root cause of why people were so willing to buy boosts.

Without boosting the gearing grind in this game for alts is absolutely toxic.

4 Likes

Holy snap crackle and pop.

Well I’m happy (and shocked).

1 Like

Lmao what? If a player depends on other people carrying them through content then I don’t mind those people leaving WoW.

Sorry but people are going to have to play the game themselves now.

13 Likes

People are still going to be buying boosts, but hopefully from local guilds instead of massive multiserver communities that flood the gold up to the top for them to RMT off.

3 Likes

Seems like this will be really bad for players on low population realms where guilds don’t offer those types of services. The only chance they had was from these communities and if the problem was the trade chat spam, seems like other changes could of been made than banning cross-realm boosting communities.

5 Likes

Well this thread aged well lol.

3 Likes

I don’t understand tho, are they banning boost or not? Help me guys :frowning:

Blizz is actually taking a financial hit for this, since many players purchase wow tokens in order to get boosted. This means sub/player numbers’ share of income will increase relative to the token, it may also slow down gold inflation.

I’m cautiously optimistic, but I,m not holding my breath, Blizz still has to deliver and make a game millions want to play. Hopefully this is a bit of incentive.

2 Likes

Posting in a Humanbeak thread. Trolling detected.

3 Likes

Lol aged poorly in 15 min xD

No, just the very large boosting communities that go cross-server and such. Guilds and teams will still be selling boosts.

2 Likes

I know I bought some tokens to buy boosts, mainly for KSM but now theres no reason to buy tokens. It’ll be interesting. They should get rid of the tokens too then

2 Likes

There’s still reasons to buy tokens. Lots of players still buy them to purchase crafting mats on the AH.

Organization, volume, and convenience will be lost switching to a no communities all guilds model which as we all know convenience is a great factor for players so I can see removing boosting being more negative than leaving it alone :man_shrugging:

1 Like