Do NOT Ban Boosting Communties!

They aren’t banning boosts. Just the massive boosting communities. The ones that go cross-server and such.

Guilds and small teams will still be able to boost it sounds like.

5 Likes

Use

Key words are “used to.” We used to easily pug raids every week, too. I’m not arguing for boosting, just against the idea that approaching the content is some sort of elevated activity.

1 Like

They aren’t banning boosting, they are banning communities. Which makes no sense because unless they are going to actively monitor the discords, how will they know?

6 Likes

This will only lead to more scamming, as the boosting communities at least offered some semblance of legitimacy that could be verified. Now you can only purchase from random people in guilds/solo in trade chat? This isn’t going to go the way Blizzard thinks it will.

6 Likes

Now what is stopping people from just using RMT sites? Seems counter productive honestly

4 Likes

Thing is… They aren’t banning people for boosting. They are prohibiting organizations from offering boosting services. So guilds and individuals that are offering boosting services for gold can still be done. Just can’t advertise the service as part of some big community group like Nova or Huokan.

Down with the level 1 advertising boosters clogging our air waves like the china gold sellers!

REJOICE FOR WE HAVE WON THE WAR.

10 Likes

But they can still use discord, which is what they mostly use anyways.

Yeah. Blizzard can’t do much there. They tend to use Discord as a way to track things.

I prefer the term realistic… In a single player game you’re right.

But in a game with a massive player base boosting effects everyone. It incentivises pay more to progress, removes what makes an MMO have a world. Social interaction. There’s a reason the games gone down hill since wrath…boosting just makes getting guildies and friends pointless, and just go buy blizzards gold pay some group and get a gear funnel.
You got all your loot with a swipe of a card thers no actual sense of accomplishment in that…
You dont improver in gameplay you’re just a geared detriment to anyone who may invite you to a group with paid for gear.

As blizz has now targetted it that only shows I and those like are correct in this toxic play and good riddance to it being targetting at last!

5 Likes

it’s not rumor anymore… it’s blue posted now.

The most vague blue post I’ve yet seen… it’s illegal, and still legal, that’s what I read.

3 Likes

Boosting was literally keeping this game alive.

6 Likes

All that’s going to happen is the gold communities will shut down, the RMT ones who are the real problem don’t give a sh*t.

1 Like

And when these secret Discord only boosting communities are transferring millions across servers and such, it will be pretty darn easy for Blizz to detect.

If someone like a Huokon or something continues to operate, but only in Discord, they’ll be caught pretty quickly I’m sure.

2 Likes

Yeah, the legit ones aren’t staying around. The ones that didn’t screw over their buyers.

I’m glad Blizzard has pushed people back to black markets again. That’s great for the health of the game right?

7 Likes

Yeah, tons of issues with it. How can they prove you bought it from some random discord vs directly from a guild? It’s classic legalese.

You can still boost, you just have to advertise for yourself.

1 Like

like a fine wine

9 Likes

This will lose them far more players than they realize.

Boosting wouldn’t have been so prevalent if the concept of gearing an alt in a timely manner wasn’t such cancer without boosting.

2 Likes

Well this must be kind of, hmm, how do you say it?.. Awkward :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like