Do most people prefer night elves or blood elves, and why?

Always thought the Horde should have gotten the Night elves all the way back in vanilla.

The Alliance should have got the Blood elves, (forsaken would be a NPC faction)

That way both the Horde and the alliance have an elf race, The Horde get strong amazon like race with more nature focus.

You could have even split the Classes better that was with the Alliance getting Priests and Paladins. Horde getting Druids(priestess of the moon would be druids) and Shaman.

Plus the Horde wouldn’t have any reason to oppose the Night elves then and wouldn’t keep invading them.

Oh and draenei would never be a thing as they were a horrible retcon back in BC.

1 Like

It really wouldn’t be that hard to justify too. All it would require is Thrall not being a coward when it comes to the Warsong and some attempts at dialogue post battle of mt. Hjyal.

It would have fixed the vanilla player population unbalance as well.

Exactly, Him trying to find a home for his people and making amends for Groms actions against the Nightelves would have been good story of them actually being the Honor horde.

Plus then we also have what blizzard has been pushing for a horde Kalimdor and Alliance eastern Kingdoms.

Also both factions would have some inner turmoil, with the Night elves still being upset with the orcs. The Blood elves still being upset with alliance because of Garithos.

the night elves have a far lot more of history than the helfs/belfs.

they also have a greater roster of characters of fan favorites like illidan or maiev.

they also have a lot more of story and relevance during wow.

and some respectables villains like xavius or azshara.

and plus they are the original DH.
nelfs are superior in every aspect.

1 Like

Blood Elves are more popular cause if the appearance of a barbie with long ears mostly, but there are also some people which like their lore probably. They’re also the only “pretty” paladin race and the only choose able race for DH on the Horde side. Night Elves probably also rules mostly through their appearance but also have a much richer and more interesting lore overall. They’ve also the advantage to be only “pretty” Druid race and also are the only choose able race for DH.

1 Like

I’m not much of an Elf-fan in general across any media.

The rare exceptions are the Drow/Dark Elves from Forgotten Realms, Tanis Half-Elven from Dragon Lance, and the Dunmer from Elder Scrolls.

Nightborne are the closest thing in WOW I’m gonna get to Drow/Dark Elves, V.Elves have the whole Void/Old God thing goin’ for 'em… and the only N.Elf or B.Elf I’ll play is a Demon Hunter (basically, the closer to Dark Elf or the less “normal” Elf I can make 'em).

I don’t see Nightborne or V.Elves overtaking the popularity of N.Elves and B.Elves simply due to both bein’ locked behind a Rep wall and their limited Class selections.

1 Like

For me it’s easily night elves both visually and lore wise.

1 Like

The Night Elves look cooler, but it’s Blood Elves for me because I’ve never had any interest in Wood Elves.

Blood Elves are High Elves.

Void elves have decent racials, especially if you are caster. Again, it is not a deal breaking but you can have worse mages/priest/warlocks/monks.

Not too fond of Elves in general but Shal’dorei are amazing.
Sin’dorei are quite unique too, their concept as an arrogant, noble race hiding behind ornaments and magic but whose history is ultimately one of ruin and despair, it really makes them stand out. Don’t see myself playing one tho.

Kaldorei make me sigh. Ren’dorei could turn out to be interesting, depends on what the writers do with them in the future. I also think it would be great to start a faction-based parallel development narrative between Quel’dorei and San’layn.

Lol, were.
And sadly blizz is pushing the night elves there too.

Demon hunters, Void Elves, and Blood Elves open up channels for cross faction communication.

The Taurens Three
Beg to disagree.

Few things make an impression like a hammer swung by a Mighty Moo. :slight_smile:

Until the tree happened, it was night elves. Now it’s blood elves but, if they somehow make a kind of forsaken night elf, I’d probably go with that.

As much as I have mains this expac (not much), my Horde main is now a very handsome Zandadin.

I’m not very good at paladins, but that’s okay.

1 Like

Are you under the impression that every player Night Elf turned into a pumpkin when BFA started? It hasn’t really impacted the player Night Elf population anywhere near the amount you think.

Blood Elves and Void Elves are the master race amongst all WoW races, no other race is above Blood Elves/Void Elves. No disrespect to Night Elves and Trolls, the genetic cousins and ancestors of the Blood/Void Elves.

High Elves are

They don’t even have a country to call their own any more.