Do Druids counter Mages?

It’s cool, bro.

That’s rogue play 101 vs just about anything, even other rogues. I will often open, backstab, rupture and then step away and then kill them with my gun, just because its 10X safer and they cant batch blind you that way. And you can then save blind most often.
Either that or you need legit like 1/3 second of overlap on all your CC because batching in this client is poop.

In general, yes.

But that’s not counting gimmicky things and reducing the number of variables. And yes, that means stuff like AP, Pom Pyro.

Curse of tongues can be removed by druids. Resto/Balance druids will outheal any DoT damage from a lock and jump in and out of range if they are good. You aren’t killing them from max range if they don’t want to engage. Geared druids have over 1000 healing, with the new ranks of rejuv there are ticking towards 500 every 3 secs from rejuv alone. They also have fantastic mana regen in that gear.

Go watch the duels of Sodapoppin vs any warlock.

1 Like

Yes until you get one shot by Pom pyro crit for 5k.

Lucky us, very few mages will ever get there.

Can’t say I count that. It’s more a gimmick then anything.

ROFL IMAO i can kill a mage that is not spec to counter me with 2 warrior on me so yes. I got pom pyro by a g marshal then i reopen and he pom pyro himself

That can happen to anyone, it’s not a druid unique problem.

druids can just play the range game and walk in and out of the fire mages range and moonfire spam while they are trying to catch up to you. Its a pretty easy win 75% of the time since mages are not defenaive enough with just mana shield.

the mage need to be specificaly spec to beat a druid and only the best mage can beat feral druid and even so if the druid get a clarity ome proc 2 free backstab its death

Druids played well counter everything
Played well is the key part though.

Mage hard counter is shammy and demo lock, which again pretty much counters almost everything.

1 Like

Druids aren’t bad against mages (assuming you have 15m to fight), but warlocks and hunters are better in most settings.

If you don’t have nature’s swiftness on a druid, you aren’t a pvp’er.

Ehhhh—there’s that tri-spec 1v1/wPvP balance build without it.

I wouldn’t say it’s a terrible build just to mess around in and have fun…but for BGs it’s not great.

i poo poo on mages as feral, especially with my metamorphisis trinket. Ezmode spam shift

Not true. I ranked to 13 as feral and never had NS. It’s a crutch.

Ranking in Classic is a function of time served not ability or skill. You can AFK to Rank 14 in Classic.

It is when bitter mages go out of their way to target you, to make up for 5 phases of pure abuse lol

Druid doesn’t dunk on anyone with minimal effort. In a 1v1 PvP situation Druid always requires effort.

It doesnt take much effort to moonfire and cheetah out of range while your rejuv outdoes what little damage they can land. Or to one v one a hunter by pressing backskin, rejuv, then moondire till they die while you chase them. Maybe using NS heal if they manage to get some lucky crits.

Mages and hunters are pretty much free kills for druid unless the mage can literally instafiv you with ap trinket pom combo. Usually they can’t.