DK in M+ (rage)

I’m not doing this child like argument stuff, welcome to ignore, you post nothing of value everything is a lie or opinion based on nothing. You won’t have a talk or reason you only insight non progressive arguments. You can’t answer anything so you deflect. Feel free to block me too.

It was a PvP exclusive ability it only come to pve because people asked for it and it wasnt created for pve. There are too many draw backs. We had glacial advance for pve that doesnt end on death of an enemy.

People wanted it for pve, it was put into pve, and no one used it and people still dont want to use it even with a tier set and self bounces. While some of the complaints on the ability arent warranted, its just not a good ability. The more enemies it hits the more padding it does and no damage that is actually meaningful, it ending if something dies because of an unlucky bounce and really its not an ability that screams DK either.

So now that he’s done with that crap…

I hate that this continues to be a thing (for DPS DK as well as the tank), and if the hang-up is grip, they’ve taken a long time to address that. :confused:

I mean ya this needs to be fixed like yesterday. They could just make every “bounce” originate from the DK idk but it does feel super bad to lose your tier set due to a mob dieing early, or a spiteful shade getting the bounce or something of that nature.

I am not the biggest chill streak fan, and I’m not gonna defend it much, but blizzard is clearly having it a pve ability regardless of its past

Like you said people wanted it. Now people are mad about it. This community will never really be pleased until deathknight is by far broken (in a good way) and just completely overpowered.

You said it earlier, everyone in their respective class forums thinks they are underperforming or unbalanced, or bring no utility etc. Really everyone is prettyyyy balanced numerically and outside of the huge outliers that shape the meta like demon hunters currently. But even DH if you listed out all their utility and compared it; isn’t that overly crazy in comparison, they just happen to bring ridiculous damage thats front loaded right now so why would you ever consider something else.

Shadow priest right now is considered overall bad at keys, but somehow at the same time one of the best picks for prog key pushing. This game isn’t cut and dry. Every class has tools, I think that the majority of players for all classes just doesn’t understand how to use those tools. There is a common sentiment that “dk brings no utility” which is what this whole thing started on, and just really isn’t true.

Like would you like to make $50 an hour?
OR would you like to make $50 an hour while getting kicked in the nuts?
It’s the same NUMERICALLY, but one definitely FEELS better than the other.

1 Like

It’s not that bad though lol… really is not…

What is kicking you in the nuts?

Which part of DK is specifically affecting you and making it an oppressive feeling spec in the dungeons and raids that you have done… so I can understand what part of dk is the problem for you.

But, they arent really. They just put it on the spec tree and said “there you go”. Its meant to be a 2 target cleave for pvp.

People want a lot of stuff that is either a dumb idea or just flat out bad. Just because people want it doesnt mean its a good idea.

Thats what they want but the majority dont know how to get there without just turning the knob of something to 13 and that never works.

In some way shape or form.

Depends on who you ask. There was a whole crew of people that made a career out of that very thing happening to them. The thing is, you arent forced to also do that, there are other jobs out there. Just like you arent forced into a spec or class and can go to other ones. If you want to keep getting kicked in the nuts and not go to something that has the numbers without getting kicked in the nuts… well… thats on you.

Hyperbole of analogy aside.

It’s pillar. Frost only feels good in pillar. the rest of the time I feel like I’m flailing wet spaghetti. Like if I want to kill world mobs, WORLD MOBS, i gotta press pillar.

Just go try Wrath. I only need to press pillar when I need a LITLLE extra juice, or gotta try and haul a bit more a$$ than I currently am. Like Pillar is something I only worry about needing to press in dungeons. It’s not a button I need to consider in world content.

That is what is ‘Kicking me in the nuts’ so to speak.
DK used to have really strong sustain now they got no sustain at all and it feels baaaaaaaad.
That’s my personal nut kicker, for other DKs it can be something else entirely, like D&D cleave.

1 Like

I really don’t think you need to press pillar for a non-elite white mob. 2 oblits and a frost strike maybe? If its rares, or elites, im sure other classes are pressing a cd button too. Do you have other characters, like does it feel way worse than them?

DK’s have some of the best dmg mitigation for dps classes in the game currently, aside from an immunity theres something up all the time. Death strike is spammable for your world mobs. Idk…

If you’re struggling in world content I’m not sure what to say

Oh in terms of LIFE yeah I don’t really die. Death Strike is good.
But Flailing with a wet noodle. I mean sustained damage. All my DPS is in burst not outside my cds. Like even looking at WoD and legion I didn’t NEED to press Pillar for a rare. BFA and onwards? No Pillar. No good.

Again Look at Wrath. Every hit feels like a HIT. People want them BIIIG oblits but they only come BIIIIG in pillar. I’d prefer every obliterate KM or not, felt firm.

1 Like

Unbreakable Armor is up 33% of the time in Wrath, around the same amount as now. The reason why only Pillar feels good is due to Obliteration that forces KM procs which shoot Obliterate to the moon through Frostreaper. Use Obliterate in Pillar in DF without a KM proc and let me know how that feels.

My point exactly! It feels like crap!

Let’s remove the ramp from pillar and normalize Oblits damage a bit. Partial frost for non-KM and full frost for KM with the guaranteed crit.
Yeah the higher end of Oblit is gonna get shaved down but at elast it’ll feel better more of the time.

1 Like

How? And no to the partial frost full frost junk. I want to be a DK again, not a Frost Knight. We arent Frost Knights, we are Death Knights. Our mastery needs to get the boot and a new one take its place so people quit suggesting things like this pushing the identity of a DK away.

Ok then part physical part shadowfrost. then full shadowfrost on KM

Not gonna lie, we do need a better mastery. Maybe doing magic damage causes us to bypass physical armor with our physical damage? Sort of a magic psuedo armor sunder? The more we lay into a target to slower more bogged down they get (via Insidious chill) and the more damage we do to them.

1 Like

No, none of this partial then full magic stuff. Just physical.

I would rather them remove mastery entirely and just have crit, haste and versatility so that they can do some interesting design and people can stop leading the dk specs to “frost only do blue abilities! Unholy only do purple abilities! Blood only do red abilities!”. Now many people are saying that the DK doesnt feel like the dk because Blizzard has been listening to people that suggest that.

Truthfully mastery shouldnt have anything to do with acting like a primary stat. It should do something with the play of the spec. Increasing RP gain or something for frost since their thing was RP gains with a RP spender that didnt cost as much. Mastery on many classes is just primary stat 2.0 and its boring. It leads to stagnant classes with no creativity and they lose their overarching identity.

Just get rid of it, we dont need mastery.

You’re a FROST death knight…

Where is the Death Knight part exactly other than the name? People need to learn what a specialization is in this game, it doesnt mean subclass.

But you’ve had three specs for the class since it came out, blood unholy and frost. Frost has always been themed around ice and frost?

That would be like saying “remove the frost from frost mage. Just have it be mage.”

???

No we only had 1 spec… why even say that. Of course there was 3 specs, but its how they played. Frost wasnt just frost and ice, Unholy wasnt just shadow damage and pets, blood wasnt just red abilities.

It was though? Killing machine and rime which influenced obliterate/frost strike and howling blast have always been a thing. I don’t know if you think DKs used to spam death coil as frost or something?